Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Yeah it basically opens with the Avengers having lunch in the mansion and then 700 types of apocalypses happen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Joe Quesada appearing on Fox to reassure them Captain America being shot wasn't a political statement is kind of the only answer I need to questions like that.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Skwirl posted:

I know it's an iconic show for queer women, but did Sailor Moon have trans men in it?

Not officially, no. It did have a lesbian who wore men's clothes a lot and had short hair, though.

And this extremely effeminate gay-coded guy was made into a woman in the dub which uh... you could make a case makes them trans? I guess?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Still not as stupid as George Washington Bridges.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

There was another Thunderbolts where he supervised a bunch of Norman Osborn's former associates, including that one lady with poison fingernails and antiseptic saliva. They went to another dimension and his body got reassembled in some kind of clone meat machine formerly owned by an evil scientist. I don't really remember the details.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Gaz-L posted:

Here's one I'm curious about : We all know that the MCU basically took a bunch of characters that used to be considered B or C tier for Marvel and made those properties household names. Has that carried over to sales for the comics? Has Iron Man's sales floor increased substantially since 2006?

Not really, as far as I know. I don't have hard numbers on this, but movie watchers don't read comics, of movies they like, as a rule. There might be very short bumps but those are probably more due to Marvel putting all their marketing dollars to a character's book when his movie comes out and often hiring "big name" people to do either an event focused on them or a relaunch. Iron Man's profile in the comics was probably much more affected by being a focus in Civil War and the Extremis series than his movies, as he'd definitely been having a tough time as a result of being misused in the 90s and generally floundering since then. Thor was similarly probably boosted much more by Aaron's run than by his movie.

Characters beyond the C-list probably do get something of a bump, if only because Marvel's insistence on movie synergy means they're more likely to, you know, have books at all when they normally might not, such as the Guardians.