Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Soonmot posted:

How the gently caress are pirated comics able to be read more conveniently than ones that actually see the creators getting paid?

They scan them from the actual books.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Time for a tablet.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Thor could turn into Blake again from 2004-2011 or something.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Where is Nick Fury right now anyway?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

No, he's just himself.

The secret shifted from how to why now.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Waterhaul posted:

And despite being a SHIELD agent for a day fills the Fury role in every book afterwards.

Avengers and X-Men stuff has been using Maria Hill without any appearance from Fury.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Choco1980 posted:

Surprise! Tonight's episode was almost exclusively about how! With Special Guest Bill Paxton, no less!

Cool. I DVRed the episode because there was a hockey game on, but it's nice to hear they're not slowing down the momentum.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Look, any forward movement is momentum at this point.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

SirDan3k posted:

No they are just sick and loving tired of it and extra pissed that Bendis changed the rules because by the old ones the original 5 could actually die or even change as it stands now they are blatantly immortal and immutable in that annoying "wink, wink all comic-book character are" way.

They can still die. When you've already changed the rules you can make them whatever you want.

"Young Cyclops died but our Cyclops is still alive! How is that possible?"
"*Science bullshit*"

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It's like a comic book.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Daredevil is a blind guy with the superpower to see.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

One day someone needs to examine how all these little magic powers they give Daredevil would make his every day life a living hell.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

zoux posted:

OK hypothetically now, which dudes could take a nuke to the face and live?

Captain Atom.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

McSpanky posted:

F'realz though, Wolverine being on that list is super loving stupid.

He didn't ask for people who would suffer no ill effects. He said live.

Jamie Madrox on a technicality.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The other Captain Marvel could survive one as Binary, I would assume.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Yeah but what will they call it when it gets replaced by a new modern age?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I think calling the digital distribution age Diamond is pretty funny.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Cap recommends it earlier in the issue, I think.

Or maybe that's in Avengers Assemble. He recommends it somewhere, anyway.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

prefect posted:

It stands for "augmented reality". I gather that you can do something with the digital versions of the comics where you get extra pages that aren't in the printed books.

No, they're for the print versions. You scan them with a phone or tablet or whatever.

You can also scan your tablet with another tablet I guess but make sure nobody is looking.

I read that Marvel's own app lets you just activate the AR on the device itself though.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Still less complicated than the Summers family tree.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Ed Asner was already super old in 1981.

http://www.amazon.com/Guide-April-11-17-Asner-Grant/dp/B002MOF97Q

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Endless Mike posted:

Okay, fine, but if you limit it to each column, it is still saying you could read, say, War of Kings #3-6 followed by War of Kings #1-2 because the word "may" implies an option. It's just a minor personal annoyance and I get what it's trying to say and no one is actually going to do that.

You can. You shouldn't, but the JPEG cannot stop you.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Teenage Fansub posted:

X-Men Schism, AvX, AvX Consequences, All-New X-Men + Uncanny X-Men NOW! (incl. other Battle of the Atom chapters + Trial of Jean Grey chapters from Guardians of the Galaxy), then "Cyclops" should do ya for both versions.
I guess Uncanny during AvX would have stuff, but I didn't bother.

Keep in mind that nearly all of that is bad.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

That's not goth, that's emo. Do you guys even watch South Park? God!

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Many of the descriptions are out of date now.

In New Avengers they have moved on to fighting the Justice League, while in Avengers it's Even More Time Travel Shenanigans.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Potsticker posted:

Thanks, but could you elaborate at all?

They basically look up 616 Miles and everyone says "Oh no!" and then the LOST title card comes down.

(The Spider-Men follow-up is supposed to elaborate.)

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

That looks like Ultimate Miles, not 616 Miles (not that we've seen him, but he's not Spider-Man.)

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

You're supposed to kidnap and imprison the Hulk.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Booster Gold really dropped the ball on that whole Flashpoint thing.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Injustice is pretty cool even if you don't care about the game.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

zoux posted:

Can Wolverine swim?

He's too heavy and very afraid of bodies of water because drowning is basically eternal torture for him.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

He did actually kill Daken by drowning so I guess it does overpower his healing factor. Depending on how powerful his healing factor is that week, anyway.

zoux posted:

Well he drowned Daken to death, and he had the same healing factor. I just wondered if he was physically capable of swimming because of his metal skeleton.

Yes and no.

Yes in that it has been outright stated he's too heavy.

No in that it has been outright stated he's not much heavier since it's just a coating.

Comics.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Another, smaller box.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The regular theater chain around here also has a "VIP" cinema that's 18+ and has comfy chairs and alcohol and food service to your seat.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Cineplex/Famous Players, the dominant chain here, has a loyalty card that gives you a free movie every 1000 points. No matter what type, so I always save it for like 3D IMAX or something.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Probably nobody at Disney knows what the hell is going on with all that crap so they threw it out.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Ellis is finished already.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

muscles like this? posted:

But it was apparently always supposed to be just 6 issues, they didn't tell anyone that until it was almost up.

And it actually wouldn't have mattered if he left earlier since there was no arc.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Apparently pre-New 52 Booster and Beetle are going to show up in a future Justice League 3000 issue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Doesn't he die in Punisher Kills by being shot in the crotch?