Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chaltab
Feb 16, 2011

So shocked someone got me an avatar!

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

gently caress Forever Evil and Johns' bullshit, the Batman Superman Annual is where is at, seriously it was fantastic and the constant delays paided off, the art is amazing. Also, it have motherfucking Krypto and Bruce and Jason teaming up with Mongul's son, what else do you want?

:flashfap:
Holy poo poo is Krypto a wolf now or something? Does the annual require familiarity with the series up to this point?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Chaltab posted:

Holy poo poo is Krypto a wolf now or something? Does the annual require familiarity with the series up to this point?

Not really, you just need to know than Mongul tried to conquer the earth and got the poo poo beaten out of him by Batman and Superman, everything else is explained on the story.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Chaltab posted:

You should read Morrison's action comics.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
After reading Forever Evil #6 I'm quite pleased that my assessment of it being a super lovely retelling of JLA: Earth 2 is almost spot on.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Chaltab posted:

Check Action #13. It's a pretty much stand-alone Halloween special too, if you don't care about that whole run.

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

Earth-2 continues to be pretty good. I like the Injustice-style direction Taylor is taking it in, as much as I love Robinson. I'm still not sure if I want to pull the $6 trigger on the Batman/Superman Annual, even with Krypto.

Teenage Fansub posted:

Check Action #13. It's a pretty much stand-alone Halloween special too, if you don't care about that whole run.
The backup story alone is worth it, especially if you had a dog growing up.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Urdnot Fire posted:

Earth-2 continues to be pretty good. I like the Injustice-style direction Taylor is taking it in, as much as I love Robinson. I'm still not sure if I want to pull the $6 trigger on the Batman/Superman Annual, even with Krypto.
I forgot it was $6, but it's 40 pages and I thought it was really good. This entire thing would have made a really kick-rear end 3-4 issue arc.

Spoilers on the plot without anything too spoiler-y:

Mongul's son comes to Earth and demands two tributes from Superman and Batman's families. Superman brings Supergirl and Steel (While Supergirl gets Wonder Woman's sword and blessing and Krypto comes along) while Batman chooses Red Hood and Batgirl sneaks along. Somehow Batman and Superman's families are entered into a tournament to decide who rules War-World, with the Superman clan being composed of Superman, Supergirl, and Krypto and Batman's clan being composed of Batman, Red Hood, and Mongul's son. It's a really good one-shot, but could have been spectacular as a tournament arc.

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

HitTheTargets posted:

Or Wild Dog, completely unaltered for the New 52.

Here we go, make this fresh and relevant for the kids on the internet these days.

I did not make this, credit goes here

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Spoilers Below posted:

Here we go, make this fresh and relevant for the kids on the internet these days.

I did not make this, credit goes here

I don't trust NuDC not to screw up this character.

PoontifexMacksimus
Feb 14, 2012

Madkal posted:

Honest question: how good was his series, and why? The surface of gritty 80s urban terror gun action never seemed appealing, so what was I missing out on by never reading it?

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

anti_strunt posted:

Honest question: how good was his series, and why? The surface of gritty 80s urban terror gun action never seemed appealing, so what was I missing out on by never reading it?

I remember reading it in the Adventure Comics weekly way back when. It was only a few pages long each segment and I don't really recall much of it besides his costume.

CaligulaKangaroo
Jul 26, 2012

MAY YOUR HALLOWEEN BE AS STUPID AS MY LIFE IS

Madkal posted:

Editorial Mandate: WildDoge cannot contain references to Internet memes.

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

:smug::smug::xd:
Green Arrow talk.

So Oliver is dead.

Welp.

I really hope Robert Queen doesnt take over Olivers mantle.

However I am expexting Golgotha shenanigans.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Veg posted:

Green Arrow talk.

So Oliver is dead.

Welp.

I really hope Robert Queen doesnt take over Olivers mantle.

However I am expexting Golgotha shenanigans.

Does Oliver have his beard back yet. If not I don't care

goldenoreos
Jan 5, 2012

Take care of my animals while I'm gone

MonsterEnvy posted:

Does Oliver have his beard back yet. If not I don't care

Nope, still clean shaven.

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

goldenoreos posted:

Nope, still clean shaven.

Wellllll to be fair he was rocking stubble this issue.

Seriously though, Lemires Green Arrow run has been phenomenal and if you like quasi-mystic kung fu stories you should try it out!

Veg fucked around with this message at 08:20 on Mar 6, 2014

Shameless
Dec 22, 2004

We're all so ugly and stupid and doomed.

Veg posted:

Seriously though, Lemires Green Arrow run has been phenomenal and if you like quasi-mystic kung fu stories you should try it out!

I've tried to get into it but I find the art makes it totally unreadable for me. I like to see drawings not photographs run through a filter.

edit: I've got no problems with photo-ref or even, to a degree, tracing photographs but the GA art looks to me like nothing more than "load photo into photoshop, apply filter X, job done". Thing looks like a sort of abstract fumetti.

Shameless fucked around with this message at 10:22 on Mar 6, 2014

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Y'know Clint 'died' in the last Hawkeye too.

Them bow'n'arrow boys'll be missed :(

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

so Paktion Comics continues to be pretty rad but I miss having a nice, consistent and pertinent backup feature like with Morrison/Fisch.

The backup feature is such a lost art, these days.

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

Teenage Fansub posted:

Y'know Clint 'died' in the last Hawkeye too.

Them bow'n'arrow boys'll be missed :(

No he didnt he just got stabbed in each ear... Painful but not straight through his brain.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.
Ah, comicbooks. Where if you go deaf once and get cured, you'll probably go deaf again.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

HitTheTargets posted:

Ah, comicbooks. Where if you go deaf once and get cured, you'll probably go deaf again.

Or when you go crazy and kill people, so you get turned into a teenager, then changed back to an adult. Thank you Franklin.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.

HitTheTargets posted:

Man what if the answer to "Why don't they fix _____'s problem with Comic Book Science?" is that they do but robot legs and stuff keep like falling off? :tinfoil:

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Veg posted:

Sadly I don't and I dislike most of the reinventions of Green Arrows villains. (And what ever the hell they did with Richard Dragon.)

Space_Butler
Dec 5, 2003
Fun Shoe
There's a rumor going around that the June solicits will have new titles added. Can't speak to the veracity of the claims, since it either originated on or just got reposted to the 4chan comic leak boards, but just in case it's real the titles are:

- Booster Gold
- Superman and ARGUS
- Nightwing and Bluebird
- Young Justice
- Forever People

Not getting excited for any of those until I see creative teams, though.

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010

Space_Butler posted:

- Young Justice

Over Didio's dead body.

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

Take me to the green valley,
lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong
Forever...people?

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
It's a Jack Kirby Fourth World book. Which, considering how well the rest of the Fourth World has been handled, does not inspire confidence.

Also the specter of a Young Justice book hurts because I want one so bad but I know it couldn't possibly be good.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Young Justice written by Lobdell and drawn by Finch! They could also do the Forever People!

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

I bet Forever People is the new Didio book.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Die Laughing posted:

If that happens Kirby will rain Kirby Dots down on all the people responsible.

The Action Man
Oct 26, 2004

This is a good movie.

Die Laughing posted:

Didio writing and Keith Giffen drawing Forever People makes sense, but not even Kirby himself could keep that book going for very long. I say we start taking bets now whether or not it lasts longer than OMAC.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Another strong rumor than I keep hearing is Lobdell return to RHATO.
I'm having mixed feelings about that.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Another strong rumor than I keep hearing is Lobdell return to RHATO.
I'm having mixed feelings about that.

Why? Not ragging on you here, I'd have thought Lobdell getting back on the Red Hood horse would be right up your alley.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Mr. Maltose posted:

Why? Not ragging on you here, I'd have thought Lobdell getting back on the Red Hood horse would be right up your alley.

I love the guy's work but I love more to see another writer taking a crack at the characters. Maybe I'm wrong but it kind of feel like Lobdell already said anything he had to say about the characters, I don't want for Jason to end like Jean Paul and become stagnant under a sole writer.
In any case it depends on Pfeiffer's skill, if his arc shows to be good I'll be bummed to have Lobdell back on the book, if it turns to be poo poo (unlikely but it could happen) Lobdell will be a godsend.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

Die Laughing posted:

Senor Candle posted:

If they let Dan Didio write New Gods I would literally burn DC to the ground.

NooooooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

I dunno about that list.
Forever People, I could definitely believe from the OMAC team, but I'm not seeing Harper getting a series on top of Batman Eternal.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.
I'm also not too sure they'll make a Young Justice book this soon after deep sixing the cartoon. But hey, you never know with these guys, am I right?

PoontifexMacksimus
Feb 14, 2012

HitTheTargets posted:

I'm also not too sure they'll make a Young Justice book this soon after deep sixing the cartoon. But hey, you never know with these guys, am I right?

They should have two completely different versions of Slo-bo show up in different team books and never try and explain the discrepancy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

HitTheTargets posted:

They introduced and then iced Artemis while the cartoon was still airing. DC is staffed by madmen and fools and you should never underestimate then.

• Locked thread