Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NoMoneyDown
Jan 27, 2009

I've got the advantage. You've got nothing.

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

JLA on the other hand was trash and actually made me feel angry towards FE since is pure padding all the time.

I like how godawful event tie-ins have sullied not one, but two comics I was reading from DC. Supergirl got mauled relentlessly by event tie-ins, and now Forever Evil causes JLA to gently caress up something like Stargirl standing up to Despero, and gaining the upper hand. Always awesome to know this cool thing I'm reading in this comic now suddenly didn't happen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NoMoneyDown
Jan 27, 2009

At least DC saved me the trouble of buying an extra issue, I guess.

First Contact was yet another DC event that just... thing, and the fact that it's basically responsible for a portion of the standstill that Powergirl got stuck in prior to doesn't help matters.

NoMoneyDown
Jan 27, 2009

They're holding Steph hostage in Eternal, so I'm obligated to give it a few more issues just because.

Also please get rid of Professor Pyg ASAP. No one gives a gently caress.

NoMoneyDown
Jan 27, 2009

Chaltab posted:

So has anyone read the new Teen Titans #1 yet?

It went from cool, to fun action book, to downright uncomfortable in the last few pages.

NoMoneyDown
Jan 27, 2009

bobkatt013 posted:

Did a Titan die?

No, but did you know one of the Titans is gay? I had no idea of this until said titan attacked someone who was discussing him from 20 yards away, and was said to remark "Just my luck to get rescued by the two who look like a couple of-" before getting his body slammed into a brick wall BY a brick wall. Cue an entire page worth of lecture about homophobia.

This is going to be... a book.

NoMoneyDown
Jan 27, 2009

Batman Eternal as well. DC loves to shove previews into all their books on a weekly basis. I'd rather prefer the direct preview over whatever the hell Channel 52 was supposed to be.

But it's totally not ad copy, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NoMoneyDown
Jan 27, 2009

Are we gonna Powergirl it up with Starfire!?

I'm really excited for this book.This will be the next best 12 issues of comics ever.

• Locked thread