Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

I bet Forever People is the new Didio book.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

AFoolAndHisMoney posted:

Looking at some of the links it looks like JLU #1's cover won't have that cool flat colouring style and will unfortunately settle for something a little more house style.

as opposed to

I honestly think the original placeholder colouring looks better and more striking.

It's because Marvel has been doing a lot of coloring like that, so they have to gradient it up.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

MonsterEnvy posted:

No Luthor was Luthor and Hawkgirl was an alien.

She was portrayed vaguely Hispanic.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Rhyno posted:

Even Busiek seems to think the book was pointless by the end.

I know! How the hell do you get away with being that much of a dick and not lose half of your best talent? I mean, that was what lead Waid and Rucka to bailing out. Didio is personally responsible for losing both of them an JG Jones from their talent pool.

Trinity is so vanilla ice cream, I have nothing good or bad to say about it.

Wacker bailed on 52 to edit Spider-Man. 52 was probably such a nightmare to edit.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

No, I'm sure Bendis gave up young Cyclops willingly. He's probably stoked to have Rucka in his corner of the Marvel Universe.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

spacejung posted:

That "So... what can you do?" panel deserves to be locked in a high place among New 52's very worst moments.

Really? That's one of the few parts I liked. It's juvenile, but there's a certain enjoyment in seeing heroes fight without a bunch of angst and melodrama.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Don't tease me, my heart won't handle the disappointment if it's not true.

Has there ever been a Catwoman/Wonder Woman story?

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

DC is publishing the trade five months after the last issue included is released, and Marvel is publishing theirs two months after the last included issue.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

The Action Man posted:

I wouldn't be surprised if he did a Flash run or OGN sometime after his WW OGN finally comes out.

He even dedicated an issue of Animal Man to the Silver Age creators and Barry Allen; the man genuinely loves the Flash. Has anyone ever heard him talk about it in person? I saw him at a NYCC panel where he discussed how great the Flash's butt looked and how he'd love a pair of those yellow boots that Carmine Infantino designed. He clearly has a fan's passion for the character.

Morrison described an original take on the Flash where Barry is continually getting faster. It was supposed to be about his changing perception as he reaches the speed of light. The sort of story you can only imagine Morrison writing.

Not Morrison, but I think the Flash story from Wednesday comics should never be forgotten. Amazing stuff.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

E the Shaggy posted:

Right here:

From this week's Superman Unchained. I hate you DC.

Flipped through my friends copy yesterday, and it's just a bunch of action figures slamming together. Personally, I thought it was kind of rad.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Reminds me of Michael Turner. Guy couldn't draw a human being, but his dragons were pretty drat cool. Some people should just stick to drawing monsters.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Teenage Fansub posted:

OMAC was pretty great. I'd say out of anyone who's been trying, the pair of him and Giffen have the best grasp on that stuff.

Didio also did a really mediocre Metal Men story in Wednesday Comics. At least he has good taste in characters.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Or they're bringing it back in time with Multiversity. Let's try and be a little optimistic about this.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

This is a huge opportunity for DC. Get some new writers and artists that you can't get for monthly books. The sky is the limit.

Now let's watch them cock this up.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

redbackground posted:

What an ear for natural dialogue! WW by the Finches is off to a fine start!

Don't compare it to the dialogue from Azzarello's run, or you're likely to get whiplash.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

I agree. Captain Marvel as an alternate personality is so white bread he makes Barry Allen seem risqué. New 52 Shazam has been a lot of fun.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Seemed like a perfectly fine teen super hero story to me. Volume one and two might end up making a good flick.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

That preview is wonderful. Someone give me back my Morrison avatar because Multiversity has me all up on his poo poo.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Die Laughing posted:

That preview is wonderful. Someone give me back my Morrison avatar because Multiversity has me all up on his poo poo.

Love you guys.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Really wanted that awesome Teen Titans cover, but that's not reason enough to spend money on Teen Titans. Did snag the swanky Justice League cover though.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Not even close. Blackest Night actually built up to a big win for the good guys, while Ultimatum was completely joyless.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Teenage Fansub posted:

I didn't think Blackest Night turned out great either, but I think that disgusting necrophile licking Batman's skull was a pretty fun dude.

Blackest Night was the most fun I've had with zombie super heroes ripping out people's hearts.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Was Taters posted:

Look, if your favorite character didn't get jobbed in Morrison's run, your favorite character is probably Stephanie.

Which is ok.

Who got jobbed?

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Are those really by Chip Kidd or is it just because they look like almost everything he's done?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

I'll take the artistic arguments in this thread than the one I had last night anytime: Kingdom Come vs Forever Evil.

• Locked thread