Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Speaking of which, should I go back and read Gotham City Sirens? I know it's Dini writing it, but every time I see a page from it, it's super loving cheesecakey.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

That picture of Superman is loving hysterical. Holy poo poo how dumb is this

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

"The Justice League are above things like race and nation ergo they all have to be white and American".

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Oh, beautiful but strong. Pick one or the other, you can't have both, you crazy knucklehead!

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Darkseid (pronounced SvartSeiğr).

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Cap kills people all the time, I feel

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

Sure they do. Go read Martian Manhunter's funeral in Final Crisis; I can't find a decent-sized image but Superman outright says "we pray for a resurrection."

Also in X-Factor when Banshee dies, his daughter Siryn just laughs it off and outright refuses to believe he's dead because everyone always comes back.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Reiko at least has that dumb Shao Kahn ending. He's way cooler than, er, Kai or... Taven? gently caress there's a lot of lovely forgettable MK characters

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

I can see why he was a big deal back in the day; his artwork looks better with sparser, non-digital colouring and he's perfectly fine at drawing characters like Spider-Man and Venom who mostly don't have human faces. But when you have him doing human interaction he loving sucks, I'm sorry. His run on Bendis' Avengers and like AvX, not those books were very good to begin with, but it is one of the shittiest high-profile art jobs I've seen in the modern era. It looks embarrassing.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

I'm not a big Quitely fan but he has done some really impressive, experimental stuff in like We3 and, for example, that one issue of New X-Men that doesn't have any words in it. Conversely here's nothing good or interesting going on in a page like this, which just looks like it was made by an amateur:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Dacap posted:

Kinda weird that both Marvel and DC are doing soft reboots at the exact same time with multiverse battle series leading up to it.

Not really. It just seems like desperation from both sides, i.e. "a reboot worked really well the last time, so let's just do that again!"

If one company hadn't done anything they would just let the other one get all the attention.

• Locked thread