Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009

Space_Butler posted:

All-Star Western is cancelled.

DC is hell bent on trimming my pull list from them to nil.

This cancellation is itself cancelled. By which I mean we get more Jonah Hex.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009

Teenage Fansub posted:

Well, that part has been in the back of all the books for a month.

So, was Eternal #1 just credited to JT4 and Snyder? On the DC blog it lists all of the writers. I thought it might be a situation like 52 where you end up guessing out which author took which plot point.

Snyder and JT are credited as "Story and script", while Fawkes, Layman and Seeley are credited as "consulting". So, I'm guessing we won't have to guess who's responsible for what. To some extent.

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009

CharlestheHammer posted:

Realism isn't the issue.

Its just dumb.

If we're gonna start calling things in comic books dumb, I have no idea when we'd ever stop or where we'd draw the line. I don't really think this line of criticism holds water. Plus, is "Brother Eye takes Earth over and turns its heroes into killer spider-robots and it's up to Batman Beyond to save the world" really that bad a hook for a comic? I dunno, to me it sounds pretty fun.

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009

Shameless posted:

It looks like the intern guy who was with Vicki Vale is gay as well. They might set him up with Harper's brother. I actually didn't hate this weeks Batman Eternal so there's a nice surprise.

As it turns out the book with Batman in the title needed slightly less Batman to actually be good. Like, a weekly is the perfect space to have fun with every other character around Gotham and if this is the beginning of a trend it's gonna be a pretty good read.

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009
I don't know, I thought it was a nice bit of character work with neat setups for the stories to come, with the added benefit of about 100% less kids being shot in the face. Either way, it took a month for Batman Eternal to become an enjoyable read, so I can give them the benefit of the doubt for two more issues.

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009

Superstring posted:

And you're telling me his super powers don't even loving work properly part of the time!?

Actually, it's kinda the opposite. The epilogue of Johns' Green Lantern run calls him "The Miracle Worker" and in the future he's basically doing stuff that other Lanterns thought was impossible. We thought he'd develop that in JLA, which Johns wrote and in which Simon starred, but then Johns saw a shiny thing and wrote Forever Evil instead. He's a really awesome character, he's got a great hook, there seemed to be a plan involving him, and then nothing happened. Detective Comics Comics, y'all.

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009
This sounds too good a couple of decisions for DC, so: Mr. and Mrs. Finch are on Wonder Woman following Azz and co.

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009

Teenage Fansub posted:

Anyone reading Futures End know what the gently caress is going on with that Fariday guy's storyline? Apart from what has to be Jeff Lemire's bit with Frankenstein/Hawkman/Amethyst/Atom space shipping around (which is actually fun), this issue was incomprehensible.

Faraday works for CADMUS. His goal is to contain and/or experiment on and/or eliminate super-powered beings for CADMUS business. This somehow relates to the thing that caused people from Earth-2 to show up, considering he needs Grifter, whose power is now that he can identify all kinds of aliens. It also relates to whatever the heck happened to Voodoo and her friends, because in this issue she says he was their old boss.

I dunno, to me it's a really simple thing that intersects with a lot of stuff we don't know about yet. I'm just reading it to see what sort of crazy hosed up poo poo happens next, and that flash-forward at the end delivers on that a lot, so I'm happy. (Also I totally think Azz wrote that part, there's something in Joker's monologue that reads like something he would write.)

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009
Whatever you might think of Convergence it's bringing us one more issue of Greg Rucka writing Renee Montoya and therefore it's WORTH IT. Plus it's Cully Hamner drawing. It's gonna be killer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009
All the DC news in a single link, if the previous post missed anything it's also got more art from some of the new books.

This lineup is pretty gosh darn strong, whoa.

• Locked thread