Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

Was Taters posted:

He'll have underpants made of mullet.

Best. Ever.

So Bayonetta, but male?

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

KittyEmpress posted:

Are there any superman comic runs, doesn't matter if it's New 52, old verse, or even golden age or what, that goes into more the psychology of being the only Superman in a world that he could crush with his pinky if he flexed it wrong while pushing off the ground (exaggeration, I know).

I think he's really boring when he's punching stuff, but love psychological junk.

It's not exactly what you meant, but Superman - Secret Identity is about Clark Kent growing up with superpowers in a world where Superman (and other superheroes) are comic book characters.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

DynamicSloth posted:

Marvel doesn't really have this problem despite a much more extended continuity, probably because they don't have much difficulty taking just about any villain off the board for 5-10 years*. DC comics would implode if they had to go a year without Joker, Lex or Darkseid.

*Except for Magneto for some reason.

Didn't they take Joker off the table between him cutting off his face and Death of the Family?

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

CobiWann posted:

What's "Convergence?" It's not another reboot, is it?

It's what they're releasing while they move offices.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

There's also Multiversity.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

I know I'm always worried that Superman might hurt himself when he punches someone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

Is he hoping it'll shrink in the wash?

• Locked thread