Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
After reading Forever Evil #6 I'm quite pleased that my assessment of it being a super lovely retelling of JLA: Earth 2 is almost spot on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Nothing I'm reading has even tried to acknowledge that FE is even happening.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Zombie Tsunami posted:

How do you get them without the Channel 52s?

I'm not stupid enough to turn the page when the story is over.

Also most of what I'm reading is Marvel.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

I've liked what Palmiotti has been doing on All Star Western but gently caress him by fridging Gina. I can see the reasons for her death but still gently caress him, she was a great character.

:argh:

Shouldn't the term be "iced boxing" in this case?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Aren't they the current cover artists on Catwoman?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

coconono posted:

Help me out here. They've got Earth One, Earth Two and New52?

Earth One is a line of super lovely graphic novels. Earth 2 is a pretty good solo comic. Earth 3 is where these evil dicks in Forever Evil came from.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Endless Mike posted:

Soooooooo. Has Stargirl, the double-legacy character been explained?

Yeah. She's still around because Geoff Johns.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
It's listed on my invoice as arriving tomorrow. They can't hold up their entire line just because of one late book.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
So spoilers are just hunky dory these days?

Good because Batman Eternal #1 is loving terrible. Like, how the gently caress is Snyder's name attached to this pile of poo poo?

Jim Gordon fires a gun at a thug and it sets off a chain reaction that derails a subway car that apparently killes a hundred plus people. He does this with a single bullet. And is then arrested on the spot by a junior officer.

Oh and the book opens with Batman loving crucified some point in the future.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

That sounds like the kind of stupid poo poo Tynion wrote on Red Hood.

Well both their names are on it but you can bet your rear end Snyder just scribble a plot on a napkin and handed it off. This is nearly as bad as the early N52 Detective and TDK issues.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Inkspot posted:

I will never tire of Frankenstein or DC trying to promote RHatO as a Batman book.

Red Hood is a Batman family book.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

mango sentinel posted:

Is Future's End #1 coming out before Forever Evil #7?

The way things are going, probably.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Teenage Fansub posted:

e: Boy. Assuming you want to just keep with the story of Future's End or Batman Eternal as they go, them being solicited, like 20 issues in advance will get kinda annoying.

The same thing happened with 52. Eventually they just got very vague with the solicits.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
They can count each book as 4 monthlies and thus eliminate 12 lovely selling books and still maintain the "New 52" bullshit.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Wait, what are you talking about? :psyduck:

The Joker may have raped Barbara after he shot her.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Space_Butler posted:

According to DiDio, the weeklies won't all be a year long.

It's a bit odd that everything lines up to end by April. Yet another line-wide event?

Probably something huge that will hit every single title. Other than villains month they haven't done that yet. Probably 6 months of stupid tie ins for more GRIM DARK bullshit.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Senor Candle posted:

I thought all these weekly series were going to be a few months. I can't believe they are going to be running 3 weekly series at once. That is insane.

Dan Didio is obsessed with making a weekly book that gets more praise and positive critical review than "52" did. He hated that book so much, hated half the guys working on it and when they did Countdown he made the "52 done right" comment numerous times. These weeklies are probably a result of him reading a review of DC's last three weekly projects and pretty much everyone poo poo on Countdown and Trinity, both his babies.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

I totally forgot about Trinity. Did that thing meant anything at the end?

Even Busiek seems to think the book was pointless by the end.

Senor Candle posted:

Even in the trades of 52 he is saying that he didn't like how they were doing the book. It's incredible.

I know! How the hell do you get away with being that much of a dick and not lose half of your best talent? I mean, that was what lead Waid and Rucka to bailing out. Didio is personally responsible for losing both of them an JG Jones from their talent pool.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Senor Candle posted:

I'm pretty sure they did!

Azzarello, Johns, Giffen, all still there. And they've got quite a stable of good creators these days, Soule, Pak, Snyder, Lemire.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Die Laughing posted:

Trinity is so vanilla ice cream, I have nothing good or bad to say about it.

Wacker bailed on 52 to edit Spider-Man. 52 was probably such a nightmare to edit.

But it was still a pretty tight book even after he left. The only real hiccup was that WW3 thing they forced in there.

Senor Candle posted:

I'm talking out of my rear end here but I always associated those guys with coming on after that stuff. Johns isn't putting out the same kind of great stuff that he used to and I'm honestly surprised that Azzarello is still there. I like some of Lemire's DC stuff but his creator owned work is so much better it's not even comparable. Like the fact that the guy who wrote and drew Essex County was involved with Rotworld is mind boggling.

Oh no I meant that they have new talent joining the company now, despite Didio being a known jackass at the company.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
There's a very good chance Joker's Daughter is getting her own ongoing book this fall.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

The Lord of Hats posted:

:psyduck:

Is there anyone at all that actually likes her?

Didio.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
God drat it, they clearly said the next wave of 3D's would not replace standard comics again.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

StumblyWumbly posted:

Did DC decide to cover up the pink lanterns? Good on them!

Some of them I guess.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Trast posted:

So Wally is dead the moment he premiers. DC has gotten really good at trolling the fans of certain characters.

Wanna place bets on what issue of Batman Eternal Stephanie Brown is gonna bit it in?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Going with that interpretation, Wally doesn't exist yet since the newspaper clip on Future's Barry room says than a Teenager died. I'm leaning at BC loving up their article and Wally dying on the present with Future Barry being eaten by the guilt for twenty years...hmmm, wasn't that the plot of Flashpoint?

That's more likely based on the actual contents of the issue.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

E the Shaggy posted:

Hey guys! Remember Vibe? Remember how he was going to be the most important character in the New 52/Darkseid's daughter/other bullshit?

Into the pile with the millions of other subplots that have been abandoned in the short time frame of the New 52.

I hear he's legit playing a major role in Future's End. There was an issue of his series where I thought something important was actually going to happen, loving Pariah showed up.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I was confused as to how someone could have two different faces. The New 52 simplified it by making it one face.

But now I'm confused by One Face and the Face.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

KomradeX posted:

Okay, I thought I had that backwards. What's the general consensus on Countdown to and Final Crisis, I've normally heard good things. Except for Superboy punching reality. Of again I could be having my comic events mixed up.

Where on Earth did you hear good things about Countdown?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

SomeJazzyRat posted:

How about FU?

It's appropriate at least.

Perfect.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

goldenoreos posted:

Isn't the Doomsday event Superman is going through supposed to be its replacement?

They've now gone back on that statement. And Soule was really evasive about it when I asked him at C2E2. Nobody at DC knows what the gently caress.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Trast posted:

This might be more for the DC gripes thread but when was the last time DC had their collective poo poo together? Reading the forums it seems like they have been on a slide for quite a few years now. Marvel and Image seem to be gobbling up the market share DC is shedding.

Last time DC had their collective poo poo together? 52 and One Year Later.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Teenage Fansub posted:

Where's this?

The book isn't out yet.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Teenage Fansub posted:

I know. Where's the news on how it starts?

Edit: Better source

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Mimir posted:

Was Montevideo ever un-destroyed? Is it still gone in the New 52?

I doubt anyone at DC remembers or cares about One Million other than G-Mo.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Teenage Fansub posted:

They just did a nice omnibus of it.

That was like a year ago man.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

bobkatt013 posted:

Is there a new DC requirement were an limb has to be removed from a character every month or is it just a yearly quota?

New? Since 2006 at least.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Yeah it does look good.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
DC UNIVERSE SELFIE VARIANT

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck Yooooooooooooooooooooooooou DC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

quote:

TEEN TITANS #2
Written by WILL PFEIFER
Art and cover by KENNETH ROCAFORT
DC UNIVERSE SELFIE variant cover
1:25 Variant cover by CAMERON STEWART
On sale AUGUST 20 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T
Retailers: This issue will arrive in stores with three covers. Please see the order form for details.
Now the new hotness on social media, the Titans try to control their own images as a new threat continues to grow around the team. Meanwhile, S.T.A.R. Labs takes an interest in DC’s teen heroes.

Jesus Christ. Does DC really think it's the 90's? Even their solicits are using 90's slang.

• Locked thread