Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chinaman7000
Nov 28, 2003

goldenoreos posted:

Yep and he's been replaced by Superman and Lois Lane's Son from the future

That's great, I'm so glad.

Also, I love Jae Lee, but Superman's face and body are messed UP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chinaman7000
Nov 28, 2003

I love the original and hate the new one. Adam Strange and Manhunter suffer the most loss in coolness. gently caress that style poo poo.

Chinaman7000
Nov 28, 2003

coconono posted:

Kilowog owned. Shut your dumb hole, poozer.

I think that's not the complaint. The complaint is that DC doesn't need minority characters because literal aliens of another species are just a representative and diverse and oh loving jesus.

I wouldn't limit this sort of thing to DC though. Any time sci-fi or fantasy try to use another species as the "repressed minority" I feel like they are missing the point.

Chinaman7000
Nov 28, 2003

Wait seriously? The Black Canary in Frankenstein's chest is the FCBD thing?

I picture myself taking my kid down to the store to teach him or her about my love of comics. If I saw they picked up something like this I'd basically say "gently caress it, we're done. I tried".

Chinaman7000
Nov 28, 2003

God, I loved that era of DC, but never understood anything about any of that poo poo. I liked the JLA arc where the heroes were introduced but lost the thread after that until it all fell apart.

Chinaman7000
Nov 28, 2003

And found out Batman was really mad the Iron Giant liked Superman so much.

Chinaman7000
Nov 28, 2003

I started rereading Fables cause of Wolf Among Us for the first time since it was new, and the first scene stuck out to me with dialogue along the lines of "Those humans might let government control and take care of them, but us Fables don't!!"

Chinaman7000
Nov 28, 2003

Teenage Fansub posted:

If you haven't popped 'round the Bat thread today,

http://www.mtv.com/news/1864359/batgirl-exclusive-dc-comics/

Can Mark Doyle and whoever else is making recent decisions over in the Batside just take over?

That's a neat redesign. I like the look.

Chinaman7000
Nov 28, 2003

I caught up on New Guardians out of boredom and I think him having a romance with Carol is great and hilarious. That's literally all I got aside from hating event crossovers and leaving thinking the art is pretty good sometimes.

Chinaman7000
Nov 28, 2003

redbackground posted:

That is the most ridiculous-looking running pose I've ever seen, on that Secret Origins cover.

Checked it based on this post, totally worth it. The most iconic and basic pose for The Flash and hahahahaha

Chinaman7000
Nov 28, 2003

Come on new 52 electric blues!!

Chinaman7000
Nov 28, 2003

Honestly the only reason I see them pushing this idea is so they can later say to their writers, "See! Sales drop when you add blacks! I told all of you!!! Off with his arms."

Chinaman7000
Nov 28, 2003

Those two WW faces look like kinda different styles. I really like the coloring and line work.

Chinaman7000
Nov 28, 2003

The cartoon Waller probably solidified her coolness for a lot of people.

Chinaman7000
Nov 28, 2003

I started drafting my complaints of how shallow and poorly thought out the Johns GL universe is but I'm glad E&C apparently already ripped it out of my soul and polished it up. That was satisfying to read.

Chinaman7000
Nov 28, 2003

It's not unavoidable, its lazy and a waste of a concept. Green Lantern should be the solid base for DC's sci-fi universe but instead t's worse and cheesier than stuff you see in the Star Wars EU.

Chinaman7000 fucked around with this message at 20:16 on Dec 28, 2014

Chinaman7000
Nov 28, 2003

New52, where you can have both way too much legacy for some characters and way too little for others, at the exact same time!

I'm glad Green Arrow is popular now but God if I don't miss grumpy liberal dad Robin Hood.

Chinaman7000
Nov 28, 2003

There are definitely about 100 million better ways to use old art for covers than the way they have.

Chinaman7000
Nov 28, 2003

I started writing a joke with other lovely post MK3 characters and ended up listing all of them. Except Kenshi and Havik.

Chinaman7000
Nov 28, 2003

I think Superman could use some knee pads next. That would probably be great.

I have to wonder who looks at the designs of Superman with dumb knuckle covers and says "yes.. This is right. Send the memo to everyone, this is official"

Chinaman7000
Nov 28, 2003

Like Quietly he is a talented guy with a unique style that doesnt always work all the time but, when it does, nobody could replace it.

Chinaman7000
Nov 28, 2003

This just in, people who draw comics aren't artists

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chinaman7000
Nov 28, 2003

Endless Mike posted:

Oh cool he's joining the Avengers!

My exact thought. But also, I think it works great. Big beards are in.

• Locked thread