Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Asiina posted:

It's back up, and the person controlling it is rewinding to catch what was missed during the commercial.

Aren't you in Canada? Why are you watching the stream?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
I cancelled my cable so I'm streaming, not sure about Asiina.

Don't have as good a feeling about this cast as I did BBCan1.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

JakeP posted:

Aren't you in Canada? Why are you watching the stream?

I can't find a live stream of the show on Slice and Global livestream is only for people who have cable.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
This challenge is so Canadian

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
Oh gently caress you ET Canada. Running a commercial about the guy who totally should have been the host of Big Brother Canada. Rick The Temp would be way better than Sideshow Bob.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I love the idiot "I have to win the first HOH to show my total power and dominance!"

What a dumbass.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
I hate all these people.

I might give a pass to beard guy just for the beard, but yeah. I kind of want a meteor to hit the house right now. This is The Glass House levels of bad casting.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
It seems like pretty standard BB casting to me.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
Feels like an entire cast of Shanes and Porsches to me. I don't see anyone to be optimistic about.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.
Risky move by Paul, that can blow up in a lot of ways. Good for most everyone else who took his deal though.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
Yeah everyone else just got out of the first HoH without putting a target on themselves which is really the best you can hope for. Not so sure about Paul's thinking.

Edit: Can I vote none of the above?

BGrifter fucked around with this message at 03:52 on Mar 6, 2014

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
So its going to be the drag queen then right?

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

JakeP posted:

So its going to be the drag queen then right?

Yeah, they might as well just announce it now.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
What you don't think Baldy McGeneric and Whatsherface have a shot?

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Non-Canada feed links, should work straight up for anyone:

C1: http://new.livestream.com/accounts/6388794/events/2596592/player
C2: http://new.livestream.com/accounts/6388794/events/2701973/player
C3: http://new.livestream.com/accounts/6388794/events/2701980/player
C4: http://new.livestream.com/accounts/6388794/events/2701984/player
C5: http://new.livestream.com/accounts/6388794/events/2712276/player

Uniballer
May 14, 2005

Some guy bought me this avatar as a reward for defeating Skizzzer in Internet Hockey. I have slain the mighty! Also, Taylor Hall is gay.
Everyone is obnoxious. I love it.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
lol holy poo poo, that veto necklace

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Feed 5 is active, the three in the war room are talking poo poo about everyone jokingly and they have no idea of who the HGs are.

Spiky Ooze
Oct 27, 2005

Bernie Sanders is a friend to my planet (pictured)

click the shit outta^
Are all the guys college freshman or something? They're so juvenile the live feeds are awkward.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Looks like Kenny and Andrew may be in a duo alliance. Andrew is planning Paul and Ika, with backdoor Heather.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

why did anick have to go :(

Spiky Ooze
Oct 27, 2005

Bernie Sanders is a friend to my planet (pictured)

click the shit outta^
Man these people are all super paranoid and telling everyone everything already. And I can hardly remember their names yet.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Looks like Paul and Neda nominated.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
Just caught last nights episode. lol@paul

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

feed spoilers regarding post-pov stuff are they seriously backdooring kyle over paul am i seriously going to have to deal with his whiny rear end all season long whyyyyyy

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Apparently Jon dislocated his shoulder. Not sure what that'll mean for his game. I would think he could still stay in.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

BGrifter posted:

What you don't think Baldy McGeneric and Whatsherface have a shot?

WHATSHERFACE FOR THE WIN!

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Just caught up with the show- I love how Paul tried to recreate the drama from last season of BBUS and how spectacularly it failed. It doesn't sound like people even like Andrew all that much but came to his defense.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
I guess I should catch up. Still have episode two waiting for me at home.

Did anyone in the cast turn out tolerable/show any aptitude for gameplay? I was pretty down on the cast after the first episode.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

This season has actually seen a bit more gameplay and back and forth than last year. People's nerves and sanity are beginning to fray a lot more too. It seems like it took awhile for that to happen last year, this year it's already happening.

Ana Lucia Cortez
Mar 22, 2008

I like this season a lot better so far. Last season was pretty boring and had hardly any suspense at all. This one is shaping up to be a lot more interesting. I like the cast and I think Paul is hilarious. The host seems to have improved at hosting too, she's not nearly as stilted and awkward.

I'm disappointed the flamboyant gay guy wasn't picked, though. I like the blonde but she seems somewhat dull. The gay guy would've made for better entertainment value.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

I'm pretty sure that even he was shocked he wasn't chosen. I just assumed he was a shoe-in, considering how :geno: the blonde came across.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

Ana Lucia Cortez posted:

I'm disappointed the flamboyant gay guy wasn't picked, though. I like the blonde but she seems somewhat dull. The gay guy would've made for better entertainment value.

I'm pretty sure even the producers are shocked he wasn't chosen. He would have made for awesome tv.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate
Anyone trying out for this show should just watch the first half a dozen episodes of this season to see why a girls alliance always falls, Jesus are these women catty.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Paul voted out, Rachelle wins HOH.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Allison won the Veto.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Big twist this week, Canada is HOH.

It's the twist I've really longed for BB America to finally try out. Really wanting to see how this goes down.

Teek fucked around with this message at 03:05 on Mar 28, 2014

Ana Lucia Cortez
Mar 22, 2008

drat, that was an amazing episode. Ika (who was on the block) had to choose between shredding either a $5K check for herself or letters from home for all the houseguests. Of course, the houseguests were inside watching and listening to her while she debated what to do. She knew she was going home no matter what so she chose to shred the letters while insulting everyone in the house and nearly revealing the First Five alliance in full. I loved watching the dude bros Andrew and Kenny crying and calling her a "loving bitch!" like whiny babies, even though they had NO intention of ever keeping her, and would've voted her out in a second even after getting their letters.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Yeah, I would have expected a lot of "What a dumb bitch, she's going home anyway!" type talk after she would have given them the letters.

Glad they had Adel verbalize that she got Topaz'd.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
I don't think anyone realistically would have expected her to keep the letters, but she did kind of go about it in the most awful way possible. Mocking everybody, making a big show of laughing and talking poo poo while shredding each letter.

I'm finally caught up for the first time since the start of the season and I've really come around on it. Kenny is fantastic and by far my favourite, but the cast is turning out to be pretty solid. I'm interested to see how long Sabrina can continue being a wrecking ball. Neda seems like a real sleeper pick but could do some damage if an opportunity comes up.

• Locked thread