Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.
Allison and Kenny nominated.

The nature of the hidden veto is still up in the air. No clear indication it's in the house yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

Teek posted:

Allison and Kenny nominated.

The nature of the hidden veto is still up in the air. No clear indication it's in the house yet.

Hopefully Kenny can start the road to a comeback and mop the floor with all these horrible people. Everyone else in the house ranges from mildly annoying to downright loathesome. At this point Kenny would be an acceptable loss if they'd just lock the doors and set the building on fire. Start fresh with a new cast.

I don't know why but Adel pisses me off just by existing. Every time I see his spastic empty head on TV it makes me angry. He's easily reached Dreamz/Jeff Schroeder/Ivette levels of hateability just by being himself.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Recently on Rob Has a Podcast, he had Peter and Alec from last season on and Alec brought up a good point about Adel. While he is a sucky "BBUS player", Adel is actually probably the best "BBCanada player" simply because he panders to the audience so much. I thought that was a good point, as Adel is really taking advantage of the ways Canada can affect the game and always keeps them in mind during his DRs and any of his live commentary.

From what I understand he had never seen the show before, so he doesn't have the pre-conceived notions about how to best play. He hears "You'll compete in the house for power, oh and Canada will also play a big part in shaping the game." So if/when he fails in getting power, he knows there is another path still to play. That's one reason Andrew, Kenny and Sabrina failed, they rather stupidly completely neglect to think how they're coming off, and STILL continue to act like assholes even after they get clearly called on it.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
Yeah the constant audience pandering is pretty nauseating and the stupid twists all but ruined BBCan1 for me. That it could pan out for him is just another nail in the coffin of the show for me.

Production seems to have learned nothing from season one and we can anticipate more ridiculous "Gary goes back in at the end of the game" twists. I'm sure someone enjoys watching it, but not me. Unless production backs waaaaaaaay off I'm done.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

BGrifter posted:

Production seems to have learned nothing from season one and we can anticipate more ridiculous "Gary goes back in at the end of the game" twists. I'm sure someone enjoys watching it, but not me. Unless production backs waaaaaaaay off I'm done.

production is basically using BBC as a testing ground for poo poo they want to do in the US. I bet at least one week in order to shift the game America is HoH this season. Rarely does an outside vote change the game so much as last week

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Adele is an interesting player. Yeah, he owes some of his success to pandering to the audience but he's also got some game you mostly just see on the feeds. He milked that secret power (which really wasn't that powerful) into saving his game by lying about what it was and confusing the house on what he could and couldn't do. It was actually interesting to watch on the feeds because he painted himself into a corner with it and said to the cameras that he knew he was screwed if it got exposed. But he didn't and he managed to turn a very small power into a couple of weeks of safety, a new alliance, and a power now no one even suspects he has because he told them it runs out in three weeks. That could well save his game in the coming weeks.

He's also a really good social player because everyone in that house likes him and he's shown his loyalty to people so many times they really trust him on a basic level. I even heard Arlie and Sarah saying how much they love the guy yesterday and Sarah hates everyone. The only people who really dislike him are Kenny and Sabrina and they're just miserable human beings who hate everyone. But at the same time his chaotic play and lies skeev out Neda and Jon so they don't actually trust him and have talked about targeting him in a week or two. He's a flawed but very interesting player.

Kenny on the flip side is a terrible player with almost no tricks in his bag and its funny to imagine him "mopping the floor" with the house. I can't imagine a scenario where Kenny could win, he's played such a bad game. He has almost no relationships in the house and has pissed off just about everyone. Arlie had a great breakdown of how bad his game was yesterday that I think will make the show. He pointed out that Kenny and Andrew got so high on their power and how better than everyone else they thought they were they just stopped playing. Jon was with them and Arlie early on and Arlie told them repeatedly that Jon was drifting and they should hold some fake meetings to keep him close but they couldn't even bother to do that which is why Jon is so dead set against Kenny and didn't even consider using the POV on Andrew. He was telling this all to Sarah to make her feel better about him going home since she loves him and was freaking out, but even she eventually admitted that Kenny had been basically sabotaging her game with how bad he was playing his and that he deserved to be in the place he's in.

I'm sorry but Kenny is a joke of a player and a pretty lovely person on top of that. He should thank the BBCan producers because he's gotten a very generous edit.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Apr 5, 2014

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
Oh I have no illusions Kenny is a good player at this point, he's just the only one I don't want to set on fire and watch burn. Every other person in the house makes me nauseous. This might be the first season of BBUS/BBCan/Survivor I don't make it through. Abysmal casting, relentless producer fuckery on the almost-parody levels Big Brother US critics like to allege, it's a mess. I'd take the BBUS cast from last year over this one in a heartbeat.

Edit: This is a Glass House level cast.

BGrifter fucked around with this message at 19:26 on Apr 5, 2014

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Trust me, if you watched any of the feeds you'd want Kenny to die in the fire first. He's just a miserable, pathetic person. He whines and bitches all day. He calls all the women bitches and and the men pussies. He talks about pissing in Jon's face and beating him up. He gets outraged when people play the game or lie to him when he does it all the time. He's legitimately angry that people aren't mourning him and that the other people go off and have fun by themselves. He's just terrible to watch. Even most of his allies can barely seem to stand him.

I'm not going to get into defending the cast otherwise because I know we just have opposite taste but I think there's quite a few likable and good game players in there. Even a couple of people I really don't like at all personality wise like Arlie and Sarah are pretty impressive game players in really shockingly good positions in the game. Hell, even the mess that is Sabrina pulled off some really impressive stuff early on. Her game is largely blown up thanks to that and because the First Five basically used her but she deserves some kind of credit for pulling off the stuff she did.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

STAC Goat posted:

Trust me, if you watched any of the feeds you'd want Kenny to die in the fire first. He's just a miserable, pathetic person. He whines and bitches all day. He calls all the women bitches and and the men pussies. He talks about pissing in Jon's face and beating him up. He gets outraged when people play the game or lie to him when he does it all the time. He's legitimately angry that people aren't mourning him and that the other people go off and have fun by themselves. He's just terrible to watch. Even most of his allies can barely seem to stand him.

And just this morning, he was saying that he thinks that Adel is faking praying. Dude's an rear end in a top hat.

BGrifter posted:

I'd take the BBUS cast from last year over this one in a heartbeat.

I've just been watching BB15 for the first time this week... you're out of your mind. The only good thing about that season so far has been when Aaryn accidentally drank nail polish remover.

Also, I've made some BBCan gifs, figured they were worth sharing here:

thexerox123 fucked around with this message at 21:05 on Apr 5, 2014

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yep, he constantly claims Adel is faking his religion. He also says Heather's a fat, stupid bitch. And Neda is a useless bitch doing whatever Jon says because they're hooking up (they're not). And he's obsessed with Jon. He's just clearly an angry, unhealthy person who has a need to demonize anyone who isn't benefiting him. Honestly he and the First Five could be as quotable as the BB15 cast was for how often they say something lovely, and he's the worst of the bunch. It's just happening without racism so it's not as big a deal. They're assholes, just not racist assholes.

Sabrina, Arlie, and Rachelle got chosen for POV. Heather really wants to put Sarah up if Kenny comes down but Jon and Neda are trying to talk her out of it because they're not sure Arlie will vote her out. Arlie told Jon he would but that might be bs. But something might have happened and Sarah might have pissed them off during the choosing thing because everyone is pretty fired up and Kenny and Jon went at it. So did Adele and Sabrina. Or the Outsiders might just be pissy because the picks went so bad for them.

Oh, Alison revealed the First Five to Heather and Heather told the rest. So everyone knows know. It's probably why they seem to have taken the target off Rachelle and Alison and redirected it to Sarah. It's also probably why they're so unsure of Arlie. But Rachelle and Alison still seem content to be hanger ons to the 1st5 so not much has really changed.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 21:24 on Apr 5, 2014

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

drat, hearing about what happens on the feeds really paints a different picture of these people.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Kenny won POV. You have to love this game.

Heather is 100% set on putting Sarah up and Jon, Neda, and Adel are pumped to send her home. Its amazing how badly Sarah has played the last week. 10 days ago I would have told you she was playing the best game, was the safest in the house, and could go down as one the best ever. Jon would have fought to protect her back then. But she's sabotaged herself so badly the last week to try and bail out Kenny that now Jon WANTS her gone and I think Arlie will even vote her out. Arlie's gonna try and change Heather's mind or shift the target to Alison but he's not going to blow up his game to save Sarah. And he better not push too hard because the Outsiders now know he was in the First Five and he never told them about that. His game is dangerously close to being exposed here.

Alison also has finally started playing the game and seems to have flipped. Arlie outed himself to her to give her confidence she's safe and Heather told her its Sarah going up but she told Sabrina she didn't know who would go up. She also told Jon and Neda about First Five. So the Outsiders in theory just got a little stronger, Kenny a lot weaker, and Arlie a little less safe, but none of that may matter if Sarah stays and one of her side wins HOH.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 12:13 on Apr 6, 2014

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

There's apparently a hidden immunity idol in the BB House. Allison found a clue in a new flower pot that apparently says "make a splash". She first made a beeline for the hot tube but Sabrina was there so she got sucked into a 20 minute rant about why Sabrina has to vote out Allison because Sabrina is such a great and loyal person. Alison gave up and went to the pool where she spotted some hockey pucks at the bottom. Now she's dinking around trying to figure out how to dive in and get them without drawing attention.

The pucks have been there for days and the 6 million vote thing played a couple of days ago. So if the puck is a clue its been sitting there with no one noticing and they added the second clue because no one ever goes in that thing.

Yep, found a clue on the puck that leads her to a mirror. Clue in the mirror led her BACK to the War Room. Kind of makes it a little less fun that the one person who knows the War Room exists just found a clue to its existence, but what can you do? Now she's trapped in an Arlie pontification before she can get in.

I bet Survivor HII searches are this boring and frustrating when not edited into 30 seconds too.

Edit: She eventually got in the War Room but we didn't see what happened in there. She stuffed something in her bag, though, so she probably got the Veto.

Sarah also tried to warn Kenny that Arlie and Alison might flip and he might be screwed come Thursday but he was too arrogant to really consider it. Sarah keeps trying to convince him that Heather wouldn't put her up if she didn't think she had the numbers but Kenny can't see past his perception that Heather is an idiot who is being manipulated by an ego driven Jon. Sarah is going to have to hold Kenny's hand and sit him down if she wants to prepare him for a game without her.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 04:34 on Apr 7, 2014

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

drat, I'm sorry for spamming this thread but I figure someone may care. I've just been enjoying this season and OnlineBigBrother's youtube channel makes it super easy to follow. Tell me to stop if I'm annoying.

Kenny used the POV and Sarah went up. Allison didn't play a POV so its not clear if she has anything. She might have just held onto it because she felt safe and didn't want to spook anyone/waste it. I guess we'll find out Wednesday.

Sarah made it clear to Kenny and Sabrina that if she goes home it means Arlie flipped. Kenny confronted Arlie and threatened him (because that's Kenny's move). In response Arlie told Sarah he was voting her out and spilled every secret he had to Allison and the rest. It was probably a smart move in case Sarah tries to out him since she doesn't have any secrets left they don't know about, unless she lies. Which she's never been above. But he probably bought a bit of trust there.

The First Five (or whatever) have chosen to respond to all of this by being total assholes. The Have Nots are debating just eating to get everyone else put on slop. Kenny plans to just go scorched earth on everyone and stop being nice (that he's been "nice" is a scary thought). Sarah is debating trashing Jon's character in her final plea. Rachelle wants to cut off Arlie's dick. Talk got so nasty and personal that BB stopped showing them for an hour. Last things heard were Sabrina yelling to Jon's girlfriend that he got a yeast infection from Neda, Sarah saying Jon's a piece of poo poo who treats women like whores, and Kenny wishing Jon's dog dead. They really don't like Jon but still think Canada may love them.

As said, Arlie unloaded EVERYTHING about the First Five to this point. There were a number of surprising reveals to the others like how Sabrina was in on Paul's eviction and the destruction of the girls' alliance all along and how manipulative and deceitful Sarah has actually been. Neda is especially pissed. Allison seems to have firmly flipped in large part to what Arlie revealed (such as they had targeted her for elimination the week Canada was HOH) and the stuff they've told her the First Five have said about her (such as Sabrina spreading the lie that Allison was cheating on a boyfriend).

And they finally settled on a name. After a few days of sarcastically referring to themselves as The HAND J's (suggested by Jon as an acronym for Heather, Arlie/Alllison, Neda, Deli, and Jon) and The Nedas (suggested by guess who) they finally settled on the Sloppy Seconds. That's just a perfect response to the Final Five.

edit: So it seems that the feed blackout was BB giving The First Five a scolding for how vicious and nasty they were getting. Kenny said that they got "a warning" and Sarah's a mess about being a bad person. Kenny pulled Arlie aside and said he didn't want things to be awkward and gave him respect for outplaying him. Arlie and Jon both tried to talk to Sarah but she wasn't able to. BB seems to have talked everyone off a ledge and given Kenny and Sarah a heads up to how bad they were being.

Well, except Sabrina. She's giving Allison the mother of all guilt trips for flipping, claiming she's never been mean to Allison or anyone else, and hurting her "worse than she's ever been hurt before." Remember, this is the person Sabrina is planning to vote out of the house this Thursday. Rachelle also gave Allison a guilt trip for ruining her game, seemingly not recognizing that Rachelle did the exact same thing to Ika a couple of weeks ago.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 00:26 on Apr 8, 2014

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
I appreciate the updates, thanks STAC Goat

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
At this point I just love the hilarity of only one person posting. I'm reluctant to post in the thread and break the streak. It's too fitting for what a shitshow BBCan is.

The Glass House 2.0

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate
BBCan is such a poo poo show, its amazing.

Sabrina may have been saying a true thing about Allison as people have seen her talking to the camera to someone she may have been seeing before she gave Andrew the handy.

As far as anyone knows Jon/Neda haven't slept together yet.

I hate the fact they cut the feeds for them being douchebags. I want to see all the douchbagness

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Lots of douchiness has gotten caught. They were just getting really vicious and out of control today and I suspect BB might have been trying to protect everyone. Honestly, I can respect them not wanting to broadcast that kind of ugly poo poo. Them talking about having their families beat up Heather or trashing Jon's character, family, and friends? It's not a part of the game and those people didn't sign up for it. If there's something that seems odd its BB pulling them aside and telling them they're over the line or looking bad, since that seems like it might be a huge favor to them and their games. But then again I really wanted BB15 to address the racism last year so I guess its just a question of where the line is.

But Yeah, I get lonely in here sometimes. But I actually think this is a way more interesting season and less nasty one than BB15. But that's probably a low bar, its just the only two BB seasons I've watched live with feeds.

Re: Allison's boyfriend she's copped to having one on the outside but they agreed when she went in that they'd split and see what happens when she gets out. When she first hooked up with Andrew she had some guilt about that and said stuff to him through the camera. I'm not big on judging that personal stuff of people because its between them and their loved ones but that's kind of the exact opposite context than what Sabrina was saying, that she was a cheating whore who didn't feel bad.

And yeah, if Jon and Neda are hooking up they've somehow managed to keep it off camera. Although I couldn't help but notice on Thursday's show that Jon's girlfriend bears a striking resemblance to Neda.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

STAC Goat posted:

But Yeah, I get lonely in here sometimes. But I actually think this is a way more interesting season and less nasty one than BB15. But that's probably a low bar, its just the only two BB seasons I've watched live with feeds.

Re: Allison's boyfriend she's copped to having one on the outside but they agreed when she went in that they'd split and see what happens when she gets out. When she first hooked up with Andrew she had some guilt about that and said stuff to him through the camera. I'm not big on judging that personal stuff of people because its between them and their loved ones but that's kind of the exact opposite context than what Sabrina was saying, that she was a cheating whore who didn't feel bad.

And yeah, if Jon and Neda are hooking up they've somehow managed to keep it off camera. Although I couldn't help but notice on Thursday's show that Jon's girlfriend bears a striking resemblance to Neda.
This is my busy two months at work so I can't keep up in real time which is two bad as it isn't a bad season.

I didn't know that Allison had copped to that before hand, if so I'm fine with it.

I'm guessing if Jon cheats with Neda it will be in the jury house as there is no way none of the live feeders missed them together

Capt. Supermarket
Sep 30, 2007
Yeah I've been super busy and just managed to catch up on like 4 episodes tonight.

Really sad to hear that Sarah is losing it and started getting really nasty. Sarah and Jon have been my favorites for awhile. But there's also stuff Brian Lynch brings up on RHAP about certain racist and homophobic comments from the houseguests, and Jon said a few things apparently.

It's not even close for me so far; I'm enjoying this much, much more than BB15. Last summer was so bad, and it wasn't just all the racism and all the horrible people. Everything about the American version feels incredibly stale to me now, and it doesn't help that the Canadian, British, and especially Australian versions have been so good.

And I don't get BB6 vibes at all from this season. I'd say a few of the BB15 houseguests have come closest to the Nerd Herd, but then again, I haven't seen the worst from Kenny/Sarah yet.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I compared it more to BB5 than BB6. An impressive but douchey power alliance run things early and think they're invincible, everyone they treated badly unites in hatred and takes them down, then once its over the game begins with that random mix of people who were only united in hate. I think if Kenny had gone this week it would have worked like Jase leaving where Sarah, Arlie, and Allison just merge into the group like Drew and Cowboy did. Hell, I thought Arlie and Sarah were set up well to get to the end like Drew and Cowboy. But Kenny got the POV and Sarah self destructed so now the S6 like house split is going to extend at least until Kenny goes.

Jon said "queer bag" or something like that a couple of times. I've actually never heard that as some kind of slur and he seemed to actually feel bad when someone told him it might be. I saw him apologize/bring it up a couple of times. He's really just a big goofy bro idiot, I think. He can be a bit of a douche but just in that juvenile, 20 something way that may rub you wrong or you may find charming. The thing that I think makes him ok is that the other day he got in a fight with Kenny and called him a "piece of poo poo" and then a couple of hours later said he felt bad about it.

Sarah actually chilled out after BB talked to her. I mean, she's still kind of "above it all" and self righteous but that's just how she is. She honestly doesn't generally seem to be near as nasty as some of the others though. She genuinely seemed to feel bad about losing it and saying the poo poo she said. I don't think she's a super bad person or anything, she just went sort of crazy the last week.

Its a shame because I really thought she could be one of the best BB players ever a week ago. Who knows what could have happened if Kenny had never come out.

Yer Burnt
Feb 26, 2007

I haven’t posted in at least a year, but I’m enjoying the BBCan updates.

This isn’t gonna turn out to be a BB6 situation because in BB6, there were two sizeable teams with members firmly entrenched on their side. The only remaining loyal First Five members after Thursday will be Kenny and Sabrina.

Arlie bugs me. He thinks he’s the next BB mastermind/charmer, and his compliments to Arissa are cringing.

How is Allison’s gameplay at the moment? She seemed to be a good fan of the game and then she got ruined by the showmance. Does it look like she might actually come out to play now?

STAC Goat posted:

Its a shame because I really thought she could be one of the best BB players ever a week ago. Who knows what could have happened if Kenny had never come out.
What do you mean by that? Would she not have aligned so strongly with Kenny if he didn’t come out to her?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Allison was playing a pretty lovely game but I don't totally blame her. She came into the house late and couldn't break in and she hooked up with Andrew and the First Five and was just stuck on the bottom of that dysfunctional group. But the last couple of days she's been getting a lot of information from Sabrina and the Sloppy Seconds and she seems to be waking up and getting into the game. She found the hidden POV and hasn't told anyone, she's been keeping info to herself and sharing some important info at opportune times, and forming solid relationships. So I think she might come together as a player after all. I'm interested to see how she navigates the next couple of weeks where she should be safe but is on the bottom of the Sloppy Seconds totem pole.

Yer Burnt posted:

What do you mean by that? Would she not have aligned so strongly with Kenny if he didn’t come out to her?
That's my belief but it could have been coincidence. Kenny came out to her at the same time the First Five started to fall apart and the Sloppy Seconds started to form, so maybe it was just the timing, but it was the exact time that Sarah's game started to fall apart. I'll try and make this as concise as my longwinded rear end can but I've thought a lot about it since I've been so impressed/depressed by her game.

Basically up to that point Sarah was playing a great game with great relationships with Kenny, Jon, Arlie, and Sabrina. She and Arlie had even conceived this "Plan B" alliance for when/if the Final Five fell apart, so she obviously was open to a future without Kenny. When he came out to her she just became attached to him and neglected all those other relationships. She kept pushing a Jon/Neda/Kenny alliance way past it making sense which eroded Jon's trust in her and made it obvious who her #1 was. When Kenny wanted to flip the vote to save Andrew/evict Sabrina she went in on it and it blew up in her face. When Heather won HOH and Kenny was clearly the target she flat out threatened Arlie, Jon, and Neda. She even told people she wanted to go up as the pawn against Kenny and if she won POV she'd use it on him instead of herself. Jon and especially Arlie kept trying to talk sense into her and make her see that Kenny's days were numbered and if she just let him go she'd be in an amazing position. They flat out TOLD her that if she kept this up and he won POV they might not be able to save her. Then something happened at the POV that sealed her fate. Before POV Heather wanted to put Sarah up but Arlie and Jon were trying to talk her out of it. After POV both of them were 100% behind sending her home because of some kind of outburst she had for Kenny/against Jon (even she admitted she hosed up bad).

She basically blew up her whole game in just a few days to try and salvage Kenny's sinking game. She had half a dozen outs and people literally begging her to take them and she just wouldn't walk away from him. She even admits it. And Kenny coming out seems to have been the catalyst.

ADEL CAME CLEAN ABOUT HIS POWER!

He finally came clean that he still has it and its just to pull someone out of the POV and replace them. The hilarious thing is that he's lied so many times that none of them believed him at first. He's pointing out that if they win the next HOH then they can nominate the Gremlins to backdoor Kenny and even if he gets picked they can use his power to pull him out and guarantee he gets backdoored. Kenny's guaranteed to go if he or the Gremlins don't win HOH. They're so shocked the bedroom is chaotic.

Well, he's still lying. He claims the power powered down after three weeks. But he's kind of telling the truth. Its so disappointing that the show never aired this stuff because the saga of Adel's magical power lies has been hilarious and honestly might be one of the most unique and impressive game plays in BB History. He took a pretty minor power, spun it into game changing protection, confused the house so much they were constantly paranoid and terrified of him, and it may finally seal Kenny's fate.

Allison is asking Adel a bunch of questions about the semantics of his Veto prize and the bullshit of it being powered down. I'm interpreting that as her having the secret POV and wondering if hers does the same.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 05:51 on Apr 8, 2014

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

STAC Goat posted:

ADEL CAME CLEAN ABOUT HIS POWER!

He finally came clean that he still has it and its just to pull someone out of the POV and replace them. The hilarious thing is that he's lied so many times that none of them believed him at first. He's pointing out that if they win the next HOH then they can nominate the Gremlins to backdoor Kenny and even if he gets picked they can use his power to pull him out and guarantee he gets backdoored. Kenny's guaranteed to go if he or the Gremlins don't win HOH. They're so shocked the bedroom is chaotic.

Well, he's still lying. He claims the power powered down after three weeks. But he's kind of telling the truth. Its so disappointing that the show never aired this stuff because the saga of Adel's magical power lies has been hilarious and honestly might be one of the most unique and impressive game plays in BB History. He took a pretty minor power, spun it into game changing protection, confused the house so much they were constantly paranoid and terrified of him, and it may finally seal Kenny's fate.

Allison is asking Adel a bunch of questions about the semantics of his Veto prize and the bullshit of it being powered down. I'm interpreting that as her having the secret POV and wondering if hers does the same.

Adel played it just right for the lovely power it was and basically saved himself in the game. It's honest was a pretty good play on his part.

Rachelle seems to have started some poo poo this morning which has caused a whole bunch of people to go off. It involved throwing away the have-nots one non-slop food.

*edit*
It was Neda that throw poo poo out.

sbaldrick fucked around with this message at 15:34 on Apr 8, 2014

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, she did that the other night too. She just woke up in the middle of the night and tossed some condiments. Jon caught her in the act and when she told him what she was doing his response was "I'm out of here, I want nothing to do with this poo poo." I don't think anyone else knows and I don't think they even noticed yesterday. No one saw her last night.

They were talking about doing it earlier in the week because Kenny and Andrew were giant dicks to the Have Nots finishing off their condiments, making coffee they couldn't drink, and saying "gently caress the Have Nots." The rest of them all decided against doing it and thought it was stooping too low, but Neda can be kind of an rear end in a top hat.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Here's my obsessive mid day/home and catching up update.

Arlie's been gaming hard today, trying to rope Allison in as his new Sarah, trying to deepen his relationship with Heather by telling her how much he hated the way the First Five treated her, and trying to convince Jon they need to watch each other's backs because otherwise they become the next target. He's in a shaky position because Jon, Neda, Adel, and Heather never really considered him part of their group and don't trust him. Sarah was a huge part of his master plan.

Allison doesn't trust him either. She also seems to still be on the fence and considering the merits of flipping back to Kenny or Sabrina/Rachelle depending on HOH breaks. She also seemed to confirm she has the POV. I didn't actually hear this so not sure about the details. I got the sense she was just playing the middle and weighing out her options since she doesn't trust Arlie and knows she's on the bottom of the Sloppy Seconds (she's right, Neda and Heather were saying yesterday they can't let her get to the end because she'd kick their asses in challenges).

No real other game talk happening as Sarah has accepted death and Kenny is utilizing a new "be nice to people" strategy. Rachelle and Sabrina are just their usual, exhausting selfs going from person to person to cry and whine. Rachelle's super pissed about the missing Maple Syrup but Kenny's keeping his troops more or less in line with the whole "don't be an rear end in a top hat" game plan. At least he figured it out eventually. (Since BGrifter thinks I'm unfair to Kenny I want to say that he seems to genuinely get that they made their own bed by being jerks to people and thinking they were invincible. He's not stupid, he's just arrogant and forgot to play the game after a couple of weeks.)

Only other drama brewing is that Jon is freaking out that BB told them they can't talk about his girlfriend anymore. He naturally is worried she withdrew consent and is mad at him. This is made worse by Adel revealing last night that Jon and Allison drunkenly pecked when they were smashed during their booze task. Thing is feed watchers know that Sabrina, Sarah, Kenny, and Rachelle were saying vicious poo poo about her yesterday and that's when the feeds started getting turned off at her name. But Jon has no idea that happened so just assumes the worst. And they're too self involved and certain that Jon is evil and banging Neda to put 2 and 2 together and realize its their fault. They're just happy Jon's unhappy.

The group talking about Rachel Reilly.
Heather: People hated her voice, they'll hate mine too.
Sarah: Your normal voice isn't bad. Its just that stupid, fake high pitched voice I can't stand.
Heather: It just gets that way when I'm excited.
Sarah: I haven't heard your horrendous voice in awhile.
Heather: Thanks?
Sarah: You're welcome.

I think Sarah forgot yesterday's lesson about being nice.

Aw poo poo. Sabrina called a house meeting!

Sabrina: I never targeted Jon and Neda!
Arlie: The whole alliance targeted Jon!
Everyone bursts out laughing.

Sabrina: I would never have put you up, I swore it and I meant it.
Jon: So what would you have done if the First Five told you to put me up?
Sabrina: I was very scared of that and I wanted to put up Adel.
Neda: That wasn't actually an answer.

Sabrina: We will all see the truth when we see the show. (her favorite line)
Neda: I can't wait!
Jon: But you already know everything that happened so nothing will surprise you.
Sabrina: And that will be another thing you see.
Everyone bursts out laughing.

Neda and Jon are just over Sabrina's poo poo.

Sarah's over Sabrina's poo poo too. Sabrina goes to whine to Sarah about being mistreated.

Sarah: Can you go loving somewhere else and talk about this? I'm done, I don't want to deal with it. You got had. Get over it. Figure out a way to fix it. I'm the one leaving.

Here's a funny triva bit. Last night Jon suddenly remembered that Kenny told him about the First Five in Week 2 by accident. Jon just forgot. Kenny confirmed it happened so literally, Jon knew this whole time and just forgot.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 21:02 on Apr 8, 2014

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Everyone's sitting around at the hot tub goofing around and enjoying each other's company for once so Kenny randomly sits up and yells.

"gently caress IT, I'M GAY!"

Obviously everyone's shocked and happy for him. No real drama besides a little from Sabrina.

Sabrina: Oh my God, I kissed you.
Everyone bursts into laughter.

Rachelle is visibly nervous because she had an obvious crush on him.
Jon: You really were completely out of the loop.

Adele: Since we're all telling the truth I jacked off three days ago.
Everyone laughs.

Sarah just admitted to Neda, Allison, and Sabrina that until Kenny came out she would have turned on him but after that she just couldn't. So yep, that theory is confirmed. Kenny coming out killed Sarah's game.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 19:12 on Apr 9, 2014

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate
I would have bet money against Kenny coming out during the show, it seems like such a big thing to hide.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt that it was sincere. The house has been tense but he's been trying to get along with everyone since the warning incident from BB the other day. He doesn't really have anything left to lose and everyone's been coming clean on a lot of stuff the last couple of days. It probably felt good to just let it out and have everyone smile and slap his back for once. Its probably the first time in a month he's felt genuine camaraderie with the house.

But strategically it can't hurt. Sabrina can't help but be a negative influence in the house and keeps picking fights with everyone. Rachelle is just following her around, bitching about everyone, and doing nothing to play this game or ingratiate herself with the house. Kenny's only chance in this game is to build a few relationships, win comps to stay off the block, and hope when he finally gets on the block they want Sabrina or Rachelle gone more than him. I don't think it will change anything as Jon and the Sloppy Seconds are pretty focused on Kenny as the biggest threat. But it can't hurt to actually play a social game finally.

I went out after the coming out thing but apparently they kept spilling secrets because Kenny is talking about The Sloppy Seconds, the Faction, and the Stupids now. I guess they spilled all their alliances.

I actually feel bad for Rachelle. She's been walking around the last day or so clearly feeling burned that she played such a terrible game and had no idea what was happening. The more secrets that come out the stupider she feels. She keeps commenting on how she never actually had an ally the whole game and people keep saying at least she can honestly say she never lied because she never knew anything. If she wasn't such a mean girl I'd feel really bad for her.

Rachelle: If you were in here with a single girl who liked you would you have had a showmance? Can you imagine the girl? I'd poo poo myself. She'd poo poo herself.

Poor, poor mean Rachelle.

Oh, and I guess Sarah made a pitch to Neda, once again trying to form a Kenny/Sarah/Jon/Neda alliance. That was her plan earlier to Kenny that they could frame Arlie as a flip vote and then take out each other's sides. But Arlie's done too good a job burning his First Five bonds and Jon/Neda are way too suspicious. I'd be shocked if they humor this. Sarah just doesn't get how badly she eroded trust the last week by lying to protect Kenny. She also doesn't know how pissed Neda is that Sarah was playing them the girls alliance the whole time.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 20:17 on Apr 9, 2014

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Allison pulling herself off the block with her veto might have been just the crack Sarah and Kenny needed to sacrifice Sabrina to the other side. But since I think Allison will play it during a double eviction, there really won't be time for them to get in the other side's ear about keeping Sarah.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Teek posted:

Allison pulling herself off the block with her veto might have been just the crack Sarah and Kenny needed to sacrifice Sabrina to the other side. But since I think Allison will play it during a double eviction, there really won't be time for them to get in the other side's ear about keeping Sarah.

Yeah, I think that's why she didn't play it to take herself off. There's a lot of doubt and suspicion about Allison because of her late entrance and she was building new relationships with the Sloppy Seconds. So if she had pulled that out I think she would have scared people and maybe given a smart player like Sarah an opening.

She was talking to herself yesterday and playing out scenarios about using it to save Kenny during a double eviction. I think she was playing out a scenario where the Gremlins go up, Kenny wins the Veto and saves one and she saves the other in theory forcing the Sloppy Seconds to eliminate one of their own. But Adel's power and the Seconds' plan to use it if any of them win should prevent that from happening so I don't see a smart scenario for Allison to play it on Thursday.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Pre-eviction obsessive update...

Sarah's going home. She made her plea to Neda to keep her in as a way to subversively play both sides and give Neda a big move to hang her hat on. Neda slept on it but told Sarah this morning she simply didn't trust Sarah and couldn't trust Kenny. Again, Sarah's mistake is she doesn't actually understand why she's going home and that its about her and not Kenny. She's still working on the idea that people trust her.

Everyone more or less suspects its a Double Elimination just because there are so many people left. Sloppy Seconds plan is the Gremlins up as pawns and use Adel's power to backdoor Kenny. Allison's shaky but she probably won't turn on them that way. Kenny's plan is Jon and Arlie with Neda as the replacement. He's focused on getting out Jon but its unclear who would stay if Jon and Arlie were on the block. I think Arlie would go. Rachelle and Sabrina are ostensibly on board with Kenny but Sabrina's been throwing fits all week about Kenny and Sarah lying to her so you never know. But she's done nothing but push the Sloppy Seconds further away this week so she probably won't have a way to break from Kenny.

Kenny and the Gremlins think cracks are forming in Sloppy Seconds because Jon and Neda were bickering last night. This just kind of shows how bad a read on the house they have because Jon and Neda always bicker and fight. That's their thing. It was a little more tense last night because Neda told Jon they should be thinking about who goes after Kenny and that Arlie might be the better choice than the Gremlins. Jon trusts Arlie more and didn't really like the idea of turning on the Sloppy Seconds so early. Neda wasn't pushing it but said they should be thinking about it before Arlie or someone tries to break them up first. That conversation put both in a bad mood. This morning they made amends and seemed to agree its Rachelle first and then Allison.

Sabrina of course believes she's #1 on everyone's target list, even Kenny, because she's convinced she's the season's mastermind. She really might coast deep if the Sloppy Seconds can get Kenny and Rachelle out next. No one sees her as a threat and Allison may even try and work with her. Still, Sabrina's isolated and throwing fits now with her "friends" in the house, she's probably going to have a meltdown if she has to spend a couple of weeks with just the Sloppy Seconds. Or one of them might kill her. In some ways the worst thing that could happen to Kenny would be for Rachelle to go and him to be stuck with Sabrina. But that shouldn't happen during the DE thanks to Adel's power.

Allison's very tough to read since she's kind of all over the place. She knows Arlie is playing her and others and doesn't trust him. She recognizes she's on the bottom of the Sloppy Seconds and has been feeling around to see if she can improve her position. She's also clearly contemplating flipping back. A big part of the problem is that the Sloppy Seconds really hate Andrew and Sabrina and Allison really likes them, so there's a lot of awkward moments when they're talking bad about them (which is usually not personal attacks, just frustration at what they did in the game). At the same time Sabrina is emotionally manipulating Allison asking her why she can betray Andrew this way and why she'd hang out with people who hate Sabrina, and Allison can see this for what it is. So I have no idea how she's going to break when push comes to shove. She's got some emotional connection to the First Five but seems to at least be trying to think this out logically.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 17:44 on Apr 10, 2014

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Sarah voted out, Neda won DE HOH. Nominated Rachelle and Sabrina. Arlie won veto, used on Rachelle. Kenny was the replacement and was voted out.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

I wonder if there's any likelihood of Kenny/Sarah having a chance to return to the house? Kenny should have been the first juror, but there was no mention of that. And they showed them the war room... :tinfoil:

thexerox123 fucked around with this message at 03:35 on Apr 11, 2014

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Jon won HOH.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, considering they showed Kenny and Sarah the War Room, Allison finding the Veto, and told them that Allison lived in there I think there's no chance they can return or are in the jury. Which I guess means the houseguests are right and Canada is the 7th juror?

Assuming most don't watch the Side Show (because it sucks) they showed footage of Allison warning Kenny about Adel's secret power and the plan to backdoor him. Given that I think there's a chance that if Rachelle or Sabrina win POV that Allison may use her Veto to save the other. That would force Jon to put up two of his allies and Allison and the Gremlins would decide who goes home. Then it would leave Allison and the Gremlins vs three of Neda, Adel, Heather, and Arlie in the next HOH. I don't know if she still wants to work with Sabrina (she seemed locked into Kenny because of that stupid promise she made Andrew) but this week is her last chance to use that thing so unless she gets backdoored she may be tempted to,try and flip the house.

It could be a boring week with the Gremlins basically a mortal lock to go up but between Neda, Arlie, Sabrina, and Allison I think there's going to be a lot of gaming as they try and position themselves for next week. It sounds like Neda is already trying to work Rachelle to keep her in the game and shift the target to Sabrina.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 18:01 on Apr 11, 2014

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Haven't really been watching the feeds the last couple of days because I've been busy but I think this is the state of the house:

- Sabrina and Rachelle nominated despite them trying to convince Jon the best move would be for him to use them as his puppets and betray his alliance. Sabrina was going on and on about how much she loves Jon and he's the nicest one and her biggest mistake was not trusting him. Jon laughed about it with his allies and then told Sabrina it didn't make sense to turn on his alliance this early. Sabrina hates him again. Rachelle stared at shiny things.

- Neda wants to keep Rachelle in the house and made a deal with her that if she can keep her she has to put up Arlie and Allison/Adel next week. Neda's clearly setting up for the big clash with Arlie that is certainly coming and trying to protect Jon and herself from being blindsided. Rachelle just kind of dead eyed goes along with it. Jon doesn't really want to turn on Arlie right now, in part because he thinks that makes him a bigger target, but he's also feeling really bad that he betrayed Neda's trust by telling everyone about the condiments. I've seen he's agreed a couple of times to throw the POV to Rachelle.

- Arlie is gearing up too and seems to be trying to bring Adel, Heather, and Allison in. He's pushing for Rachelle to go home against Neda's push for Sabrina. Its unclear if he sees what Neda's doing and is pushing back or if he just has his motivations. Either way it looks like it might be setting up for Arlie and Adel vs. Jon and Neda with Heather, Allison, and one of the Gremlins in the middle. Neda is doing a good job working Rachelle and no one else is. Heather seems like she's good with Jon and Neda.

- If Neda can get her way the next few days I wouldn't be surprised by a Jon, Neda, Heather, Rachelle Final Four. That would basically force Heather and Rachelle to work together despite hating each other, and I actually wouldn't be shocked if they were the F2. But a lot of that depends on if Rachelle can survive this week and she's not savvy or smart enough to realize she should be playing nice or pushing Sabrina over the edge.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
Let me know if the state of the house gets to "on fire with all the doors locked". I might tune in for that one.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

You never know. Sabrina's on the block and she has access to fire. If she was on Slop you could probably make a decent bet on it.

I guess Adel used his power to pull Allison from the POV and replace her. Adel doesn't trust Allison but he might have just done it because its the last week the power matters. Next week everyone will play in POV regardless so if Adel was the only one not chosen this week then he might have just wanted to play. Then again Allison might see it as a way to backdoor her and that may spook her enough to use HER secret power that also runs out this week.

EDIT: I suck at math. Adel's power would have been good for next week but he says "Next week the 7th person gets to host" so this is the last week that someone has to sit out the event entirely. That's just reasoning. Allison's definitely spooked though and keeps asking Adel why he picked her and what that means about the Final Six.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 22:09 on Apr 12, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Sabrina is my least favorite of any house guest, including the idiots from last season.

• Locked thread