Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
So I just got into Deadpool (and comics in general, for the most part) recently because of the Posehn/Duggan run, which I absolutely love. Apparently the other good collections would be Deadpool Classic 2-4 and I think 8 because those are the Joe Kelly and Gail Simone runs. If I like the current run so much, is there anything else that's similar besides what I've already mentioned?

Also, it was announced on Twitter that Paul Scheer and Nick Giovannetti are doing the Bi-Annual in September.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
What are you, some sort of Deadpool expert?

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

IUG posted:

Didn't we get two Annuals this year already? Shouldn't this be a Tri-Annual?

Nerdist - EXCLUSIVE: PAUL SCHEER AND NICK GIOVANNETTI TO WRITE MARVEL’S DEADPOOL BI-ANNUAL THIS SEPTEMBER

And thanks for all the feedback, folks.

EDIT: gently caress me, sorry about the double-post

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Deadpool posted:

Well, I have read almost everything he's appeared in. So, maybe? I'm just sayin' that if you like Posehn and Duggan you'll probably like what I suggested for you.

Haha, it was a joke. I appreciate the help, mister.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
I picked up Deadpool Classic #9 based on the recommdations here and the fact that I like Gale Simone, and I'm enjoying it thus far. I also grabbed the annual with the Spider-Man/Chameleon bit. Here's a possibly stupid question: Is there a way for me to get my hands on last year's annual? Maybe a good place that sells used comics online? The shop I go to told me they wouldn't be able to get something like that and annuals usually aren't included in any trades or collections.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Senor Candle posted:

I would just grab a digital copy. Or check out ebay.

Thanks. I'll go with the former if I don't have any luck with the latter.

Boinks posted:

You can get it for $7 shipped from Ebay or Amazon, just watch out for people selling the codes.

Yeah, I have no idea what you mean by that. I'm still fairly new at this poo poo.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Captain Bravo posted:

Uhh, didn't we already have this? I seem to remember a Deadpool that was panned as pretty crap, and had a wide, wide wealth of various deadpools. Lady deadpool, Zombie deadpool, Widdle Wade, etc.

While I've been loving his entourage during the Posehn/Duggan run (Preston, Michael, the ghost of Benjamin Franklin) I could see a "Deadpool family" getting obnoxious (in a bad way) and tiresome after a few pages.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Boinks posted:

Marvel puts codes in their comics to download the digital version for free and people are listing them on Ebay. If it's the digital version the title should mention 'digital' or 'code'.

Alright, thanks, I appreciate it.

And Deadpool carrying around shrunken Rhino on a keychain in Deadpool Classic #9 is hilarious.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
So I finished Deadpool Classic #9 and...what? Deadpool dies (yes, I know) halfway through the book, then we get Agent X for the remainder. Don't get me wrong, I liked the character, but he was similar enough to Wade that my question is "Why?" Why did they get rid of Deadpool (I read sales were in the toilet) just to replace him with someone that was almost a facsimile that everyone thinks is Wade anyway?

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Deadpool posted:

Yeah, it is, but I was just being polite to the guy that's trying to catch up.

Thanks, I appreciate it, but you don't have to worry about spoiler tags. I figured Agent X wasn't Deadpool and I'm glad that's not where they went with it. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed the character, it just seemed like a really strange decision. His antagonistic dealings with Taskmaster and his relationship with Outlaw were a lot of fun.

Obviously I haven't read Cable & Deadpool yet, but I'm guessing something happens with the whole Deadpool Inc. organization and folks like Sandi disappear and/or get killed at some point being that none of that exists by the time of the Posehn/Duggan run over the last few years.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
I mentioned to the one of the employees at my local comic shop that many people had warned me against Daniel Way's Deadpool run and he got really insulted. Then again, he said he doesn't care for the current Duggan/Posehn run, so...

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Trust me, I don't. Most of his opinions are like "...really?" He's also a big Dan DiDio defender.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
I've been interested in reading and maybe collecting Cable/Deadpool being that it's been recommended in this thread and by some of the folks at my local comic shop. I know this sounds like a chore, but could anyone give me a rundown of who Cable is and his story? I've tried to go through his Wikipedia page and I got a headache every time.

Also, I was going back and forth with Gerry Duggan on Twitter about Deadpool and Arkham Manor, and I asked him if writing Manor would mean he's leaving Deadpool in October, but he hasn't gotten back to me yet. Has anything come out about that?

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Senor Candle posted:

Why would you think he's leaving Deadpool? That isn't the only book he's writing right now.

I'm still fairly new to comics, I didn't know if it's that common for people to be head writer on several titles at once, especially when one is Marvel and the other is DC.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Thanks for all the feedback, I really appreciate it. And Duggan answered me, he's staying on Deadpool for as long as he can.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

El Gallinero Gros posted:

He's had hearing problems before.

What?

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

kdrudy posted:

The Bi-Annual was a quality comic.

I haven't picked it up yet, but I'm glad to hear it. I like Scheer.

Also, something interesting I was told at my local comic shop. Marvel is phasing out all the "Cable & Deadpool" trades and have replaced them with "Deadpool & Cable" instead. The nice thing about it is that each D&C book is comprised of three of the C&D books. Makes it cheaper to collect the whole run. I picked up the first one based on the recommendations here and I've been enjoying it.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Gavok posted:

My editor at Den of Geek was all "Hey, you've read pretty much every Deadpool comic. Do an essential reading guide article so I can pay you and I can go to town on Marvel Unlimited."

So here's the Ultimate Deadpool Reading Guide.

It's a public service because more people need to read that Shang-Chi: Master of Kung-Fu story by Hickman.

This is incredible, thank you.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Gavok posted:

So that Bi-Annual issue...

That was quite a climax. :stare:

I finally picked up the Bi-Annual this past weekend and I hope you chose that word on purpose. Holy poo poo.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Or Scheer's

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Was 'Hawkeye vs. Deadpool' a limited run? I picked up the trade (haven't finished it yet) and noticed there's no number on the spine.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Thanks. And drat.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
I stupidly bought it for twenty bucks about a year ago. I'm sorry.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
I hadn't gotten that far by the time I gave up on it months ago. Thank you for linking that and thank you for reminding me that I need to sell the drat thing.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
I always demand to see someone sucking a dick before I believe them if they tell me that they're gay.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Heavy Metal posted:

Has Deadpool said that? It would be interesting to note examples of him talking about his sexuality other than jokes. For example it is interesting to see how a character evolves, is it fair to say this wasn't part of his character in the Joe Kelly 90s days? Why so negative on talking about this aspect of the character?

For example he has said he's not into dudes when written by Daniel Way, at least that's a line in the video game. As juvenile as that line may be, it's an example. He hit on a chick who said she's only into women, and he said me too or something like that. And it's a joke so it doesn't mean anything necessarily. It's just a topic to discuss, if the evolution and examples of a fictional character's sexuality doesn't interest you, that's fine.

Cocks? In MY Deadpool?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Are we just randomly calling people out at this point?

In that case, gently caress Gavok!

PS - I was kidding, Gavok. I love your articles and I give a great handy.

• Locked thread