Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer
I was about to knock you for not including John Ostrander's Heroes for Hire, but Deadpool only had a 2-issue team-up (thought it was 3 before double-checking).

Didn't Waid say that he never would have taken the Deadpool gig if he had known what he was getting into?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Gavok posted:

I recall when Merc with a Mouth was about to start, Gischler admitted that the only Deadpool he had read was Way's. So there you go on that. Gischler's Merc with a Mouth kind of felt like an okay fill-in story that was given its own ongoing.

Way at the very least has that quality Deadpool arc in Wolverine: Origins and the whole Deadpool vs. Bullseye storyline.
Everything up to and including the joining-the-X-Men arc was good Deadpool, and was responsible for getting me really into the character (plus, it happily made me check out the earlier Kelly and Nicieza stuff). Everything after that was a progressively larger dumpster fire that no one cared to put out.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Mindisgone posted:

What is my best bet as far as hunting down an issue of New Mutants #98? A local shop has it but I want to hunt around and do my best not to pay hundreds of dollars for it.
Do you want the actual issue, or are reprints in trades viable? Because it's been reprinted in a few different books.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Mindisgone posted:

Yeah that info would help wouldn't it. I am looking for the actual issue, Near Mint or better quality. CGC preferred.
Then ebay. And you will be spending a lot.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Mindisgone posted:

That is what I was afraid of. I thought there was an SA comic B/T/S thread somewhere but I cannot find it in SA mart or BSS.

Here's what MCS is selling their copies for on their website--I imagine the prices are close, if maybe a bit higher, than what you're going to currently find elsewhere, unless you can personally haggle with someone.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Was 'Hawkeye vs. Deadpool' a limited run? I picked up the trade (haven't finished it yet) and noticed there's no number on the spine.
It was a 4-issue miniseries, yes.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Senor Candle posted:

5 Issue! Don't forget about #0
0 + 4 = 4, checkmate.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

bobkatt013 posted:

Read the series that just ended. All characters have bad runs, and they way to enjoy the comic is to find one that is good.
Joe Kelly's run is not a bad run. :11tea:

I can certainly understand enjoying the Poeshn/Duggan run more, though.

Cable/Deadpool is a good time.

Everyone should read Hawkeye/Deadpool. And Suicide Kings.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

bobkatt013 posted:

I never said he did.
I never said you said he did. :)

That was more of a general aside, as the modern incarnation of Deadpool is much easier to get into than the really terrible person that Deadpool is, who is frankly difficult to side with, for a lot of Kelly's run.

redbackground fucked around with this message at 21:12 on Jun 10, 2015

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Gavok posted:

The storyline about zombie US presidents (foreshadowed in Uncanny X-Force, funny enough)
When was this? I don't have the collection handy. (the Deathlok arc?)

redbackground fucked around with this message at 17:10 on Dec 9, 2015

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer
Also, Spider-Man is not listed as a combination Lover, Friend and Ally.

redbackground fucked around with this message at 17:15 on Dec 11, 2015

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Rhyno posted:

I mean, it's okay but I really thought it was not well regarded.
I've always heard Simone's run is one of the bright spots.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Rhyno posted:

Really? I don't think I have ever heard it talked about in a positive way.

Wait, did you think we were talking about you this whole time?

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Rhyno posted:

One panel does not equal a good run. Daniel way has at least 4 good panels in his run.

I've honestly never seen that said about her work ever. Even recently I've seen it said that the Posehn/Duggan run is the first readable DP run since Kelley's.
Even Way's run was at least entertaining for good chunks up till the early #20s.

that's right

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer
Don't tell Gavok but I found the perfect BSSSS gift for him ssssssshhh:

• Locked thread