Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
The first Simone backup was good, the second one was fuckin' dire though, jeez.

Great issue though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Holy poo poo I've never seen John Lucas' art before this recent arc but I never want to see it again. It's like I wished "I wish artists wouldn't be bland and trace poo poo like Greg Land" on a monkey's paw.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
This is the best possible follow-up to The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly possible.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Deadpool posted:

After reading the first issue of Art of War I have to say that Deadpool and Peter David are two things I like that do not work well together. That issue sucked.

Agreed wholeheartedly.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
I would put Way lower just because the sheer length of his run combined with his general decline meant that he had a lot of sway over how non-comic readers and other writers see/portray the character. What I'm getting at is when I try to get people to read (good) Deadpool comics, I have to start my pitch with "No he's not a bad character, really" because the internet is inundated with panels of Way's run posted all over imgur (or tumblr or other dumb websites) by morons who lap that poo poo up and think "chimichangas" is a punchline. Way even wrote a whole unfunny video game script to really make sure non-comic readers knew Deadpool was just awful.

Of course, I haven't read Gischler but it sounds like he has a lot of the same lolrandom humor problem I hate, so maybe he is worse than Way.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Binary Badger posted:

Deadpool's Secret Secret Wars was decent, and I liked how it tried pretty hard to match the original Mike Zeck art, and kept a lot of the original Shooter dialogue (except for DP's snarks in between.) DP pretty much says what we're all thinking about Reed, although maybe it's too soon for Susie jokes?

However, I can't help but feel that to someone who never read Secret Wars or DP it's a mass of confusing one-liners..

The backup story with the Contest of Champions spoof was pretty cool as well, I wonder if the Pink Sphinx's five year plan ever got off the ground..

I liked the very beginning, but thought it quickly descended into the realm of "trying too hard to be funny" after the fighting started. I didn't know the thing about reusing original SW dialogue though, that's neat.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Boinks posted:

Other insane prices:

Merc with a Mouth 1-13 $100
Deadpool Corps 1-12 $75
Deadpool Kills the Marvel Universe 1-4 $125
Vol. 2 Joe Kelly Run -1,0,1-69 with annuals and one shots $600

Why in the world would someone want to own Deadpool Kills the Marvel Universe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Squizzle posted:

e: And again, they build in an out for the progression of culture: If Marvel has depicted Peter Parker, the Spider-Man as gay, then Sony becomes free to go to town—Gay Town. Population: Spidey.

Leaked plot info for next Spider-Man movie

• Locked thread