Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.

Deadpool posted:

Well, I have read almost everything he's appeared in. So, maybe? I'm just sayin' that if you like Posehn and Duggan you'll probably like what I suggested for you.

Relax, we all know your secret and it is safe with us Wolverine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Gavok posted:

To go against what Spigs wrote, by the time Cable/Deadpool started, they aren't really "frenemies" at all. They HATE each other and Deadpool made his comics debut being hired to kill Cable and his team the New Mutants/X-Force.

The quick version of who he is in terms of stuff related to the series: Cable is the son of Cyclops and a clone of Jean Grey. When he was a baby, Apocalypse infected him with something called the "techno-organic virus." Think of it as a metallic rash that will gradually take over the entire body. Cyclops sent Baby Nathan into the distant future, since they had the tech to treat it. It couldn't be cured, but luckily Cable's psychic powers were able to keep it in check. Normally, he would be an omega-level psychic, putting his mother to shame, but instead he's held back because he's always subconsciously using his power to keep the virus at bay. That's why his arm is all metal. His future is a shithole because of Apocalypse, so he tends to go back in time a lot in hopes to make things better.

Also according to an earlier run Cable is one of a handful of beings who can go back to the past and actually alter a timeline without simply splitting it off into alternate realities. It pretty much never comes up.

SirDan3k fucked around with this message at 23:34 on Jul 31, 2014

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

I am still unclear how the new Flagsmasher thought the plan would go.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

bobkatt013 posted:

Exiles and Age of Apocalypse.

And the posted page. At least it's not a lot to catch up on.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Gavok posted:

Apparently, in a book of Deadpool character profiles, it mentioned that she was depowered after M-Day, so that's the end of her.

At least it was a happy end. On the list of powers you'd want to lose hers was up there.

• Locked thread