Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
No writer is going to actively come out and say he is not gay. That would be a nightmare for Marvel. They will just do the current thing of not actually doing anything with the idea.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
That is basically it yeah. Or you have the same issue like in the 80s were editorial is like "nope", but it will be years before we hear anything about that.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Squizzle posted:

That part of the contract specifically allows Spider-Man to be gay if Marvel has portrayed him as such, which, for comparison, the "grew up in Queens" and "raised by Aunt May and Uncle Ben" parts don't allow. The leaked contract provisions indicate a particular concern about keeping the critical influences of his upbringing and early experiences faithful to the established mythos. Sexual orientation is a p. significant aspect of forming one's identity, especially for a character with so much teenage romantic melodrama.

A queer Spider-Man would be swell, but the "Peter Parker: a straight dude" provision is entirely consonant with the rest of that leaked section of contract.

Eh you can have the melodrama either way, none of it's really that tied to orientation.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Yeah it could work for X and mags but it would not work for how cap and Bucky are usually depicted.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Man whoever does those edits are horribly unfunny.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

It's weird looking at them as 90% of the punchlines are the word gay. Like not even anything about. Being gay just the word itself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

I have never said that. I can believe anyone likes anything because people are dumb.

I have also never poo poo posted your sources are inaccurate sir.

• Locked thread