Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
darthzeta88
May 31, 2013

by Pragmatica
Just finished reading night of the deadpool. Seems like I need to go get the second one I didn't know about.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

darthzeta88
May 31, 2013

by Pragmatica

Archyduke posted:

Which LGBTQA superhero/villain has had the most mainstream visibility? I'd say Iceman, but I'm unsure how many non-comics fans would be aware that he's gay. I know the Bruce Timm stuff was fairly committed to a romantic valence between Harley Quinn and Poison Ivy but frankly I have no clue what the current state of their characters is.

Edit: Now that I'm thinking about it, I'm sort of taken aback that the Avengers movies got away with being a team of straight white people. Have any of the big comic book movies of the past decade or so had characters that weren't depicted as anything other than hetero? I know Bucky and Captain America, as well as the younger movie Professor X and Magneto have robust shipping communities-- why not just pull the trigger, rejigger their initial ages in WWII, and have a Bucky and Cap that were a couple? It's not like the world's going to be worse off for missing out on a scintillating Sharon Carter subplot.

When I want to watch a movie a am a typical traditional action hero type, white male with to many big guns, explosions lots and lots, hot chick which can also be the hero instead but gets the girl still, and some crazy super villian that monologs to much. I don't see myself going for a gay super hero movie unless it is Deadpool gay on spiderman but still need my boobies.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

darthzeta88
May 31, 2013

by Pragmatica
I only have enough money to buy one comic atm.... Millionaire with a mouth series looks terrible is it just misleading? Or should I get Deadpool and cable split second like my heart tells me?

darthzeta88
May 31, 2013

by Pragmatica
Normally I would never admit I jumped on a bandwagon but I kinda consider myself a Deadpool bandwagon jumper since I only knew his name in a old xmen game and read a couple comics after someone complained about him in xmen origins and my first Deadpool series I owned was dead presidents, which I loved. I been reading his start in marvel unlimited while buying his annuals digitally but seems parts are still missing besides his annuals from unlimited and I can't really tell. I am only up to year1998 in his release and would like to read as much as possible even willing to buy the missing parts of I only knew what was missing.

• Locked thread