Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
The last two pages of the latest issue made me feel super warm and fuzzy inside, then giggle like an idiot straight to pure :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

It's a new guy, same with the SHIELD people you'll be seeing this arc, so don't worry, they're just being introduced this arc.

And yeah, if you're liking these issues then get ready because you're going to loving love what comes after.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Comic posted:

What are opinions on this Thunderbolts run? I only recently checked it out and I have to say while it's not super Deadpool focused or anything, it's not bad. It manages to do gags with him that don't make me roll my eyes at least. I didn't even know he was in the team until they showed up a bit ago. It manages to keep him looking like a threat too, which is a nice bonus.

When Soule wrote it it was pretty great. I'm gonna jump ship when he leaves tho, not as much as I don't think I'll like it with the new writer as much as that I'm already reading more comics than I should anyway, might as well drop something already.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Yeah, this arc's been kinda weak, but seeing Deadpool's daughter will hopefully bring stuff up. I'm guessing she'll have his whole "healing factor that's constantly stopping him from dying but loving up his looks" and thus be kinda indestructible and join up with him like some sort of horrifying yet awesome family.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Hahah there's a 90's issue coming in September with a 3D variant cover :allears:

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Already taken out.

I am a fragile ball of emotions now.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Pope Corky the IX posted:

I'm still fairly new to comics, I didn't know if it's that common for people to be head writer on several titles at once, especially when one is Marvel and the other is DC.

Nah, it's pretty common. Bendis started writing Ultimate Spider-man in 2000 and has never stopped writing that even though he did Avengers and New Avengers for a long while too and is currently writing two X-Men comics.

Heck, you should check Charles Soule! Off the top of my head he's writing She-Hulk, Inhuman, Death of Wolverine in a couple of months, just finished a run of Thunderbolts, and on DC he's writing Red Lanterns and Superman/Wonder Woman. While still being a practicing attorney.

It's not quite the same, but if you're digging Deadpool then I recommend you check Nova, which was pretty good even before Duggan started writing. And his upcoming Hulk run seems promising.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Gotta agree, Dadpool Vs Hawkguy was pretty sweet and fun.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Hahahaha HOLY poo poo that ending!

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

The Deadpool from, I dunno, the Spider-Island section of Battleworld will walk over to Manhattan and be the new Deadpool going forward. There.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

IUG posted:

Ah, I didn't see that for some reason. And yes, that team-up was awesome, and I'm pretty sure his idea for exploding hulk hand arrows showed up once or twice more.

Yes and also "Yarr! If it isn't Ninja Spider-man and Purple Arrow!?"

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Lurdiak posted:

I think it was Crossbones?

Sabretooth has some good comedy chops.

No matter how many times I see this the jetpack always gets me :allears:

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

I'd bet on a new on-going after Secret Wars, yeah. They seem to be going for another re-launch with "All-New All-Different MARVEL" like they did with Marvel NOW! and All-New Marvel NOW!, so expect a new Deadpool #1 along with other stuff at that time.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Eating a seagull while stranded far in the ocean can change a man.

He'd also probably lose a lot of body mass in that situation, allowing him to slim down to Deadpool proportions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Gavok posted:

He seemed fine in the rematch.

I forgot him being in his underwear in front of a hotdog stand as Deadpool wails on him was after the sea stuff, nvm then.

• Locked thread