Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Yeah Duggan's great but Kelly still did it first and best.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
This book, it was made for me

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I love this. Deadpool's story arc has always been "Wants to be a superhero but can't/is foiled in some way" and it's always been extremely regressive and boring to see the character's clock reset every time another writer comes on. Now we have the logical step of "he's a superhero, now what".

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

TheJoker138 posted:

I really hope that shot of Wade/Vanessa banging means the montage of them having sex in different holiday themed costumes to show the passage of time is still in from the leaked script.

Morena Baccarin confirmed it is

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Lurdiak posted:

Speaking of Agent X, how lame is it that he's one of 5 comic book characters I have a pitch for?

that's not lame at all!

Gavok posted:

So any theories on what's going on at the end of the second issue? T-Ray? Agent X?

T-Ray seems the most obvious (if it was Agent X would Adsit have been shocked like that?) but I feel like maybe it's someone Duggan's used before. Obviously not Butler, but somebody.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Crossbones has been in books after his Deadpool appearance so it's super unlikely

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Carnage is an insane murdering hillbilly he wouldn't know subtle if it jumped up his rear end

plus he's in a mine right now

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Duke Igthorn posted:

Oh wait it's Madman. He handed Deadpool the letter knowing he couldn't resist handling that job personally, and he can make his text box yellow.

I think the implication was it was Terror Inc that beat up the rear end in a top hat stepdad

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
As much as I'm enjoying the new book the really sudden almost casual Oh it's Madcap, Madcap's the traitor reveal felt...off? Like it has to be a build up to a bigger pay-off or something about the way that came about feels weird to me.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
So re-reading Duggan and Posehn's run and I don't think there's enough appreciation of how many plot balls are in the air at once in this book. Like it's some Claremont/Hickman level of set-up. Just off the top of my head and in no particular order here's the hooks that haven't been resolved yet:

- Ellie's X-Gene
- The painted over picture in Deadpool's mind that Zenpool finds (maybe related to his parents' death which is being resolved right now so this might not count)
- Shiklah's demon army and world domination plans
- The knife with Wolverine's blood on it
- What else Madcap has done while impersonating Deadpool
- Is Madcap really dead
- Why is Wade still having memory problems with things that have recently happened but presumably without taking Tabula Rasa anymore?
- Vetis' returning (this has been mentioned too many times to not be a thing)
- Everything from the 2099 issue

And I'm probably still missing some!

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Gavok posted:

The angelic woman that visits him in the first arc, which I imagine to be his mother.

I totally forgot. Did Duggan explicitly say it wasn't Death?

Heavy Metal posted:

If I can poo poo up the thread for a moment. How come they keep saying Deadpool is pansexual etc, but he only ever seems romantically or sexually interested in chicks? And in the books he's generally been your standard pervy straight guy kind of character, going after various women.

I'd be cool with a bisexual Deadpool, and I know he makes jokes of such etc. But if the character is always written as being interested in women, at the end of the day is the character really pansexual? Or is it just lip service? Ryan Reynolds for example has talked this topic.

He's only ever had relationships with women but he's pretty explicitly attracted to men too. It'd be hard to do more with that at the moment because he's, you know, married but Duggan's made his stance clear.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Lurdiak posted:

I'm both sorry you had to write about Evil Deadpool and mad you made me think about Evil Deadpool.

:same:

• Locked thread