Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Gavok posted:

I asked my Den of Geek editor if I could write about the entire history of Agent X and he was like sure so here it is.

Is Gail Simone's run really considered great? I thought most everyone hated it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

X-O posted:

Nah, it's good.

I mean, it's okay but I really thought it was not well regarded.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Lurdiak posted:

Yeah, I mean some people hated it because woman, but for the most part it's considered one of the classic runs that put Deadpool on the map.

Really? I don't think I have ever heard it talked about in a positive way.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

redbackground posted:

Wait, did you think we were talking about you this whole time?

Psh, nobody talks about me positively either!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Lurdiak posted:

You've never seen that panel about yellow boxes posted over and over on the internet?

One panel does not equal a good run. Daniel way has at least 4 good panels in his run.

X-O posted:

For a long time people used to say the only Deadpool worth reading was the Kelly and Simone runs. So yeah I'd say it's pretty well regarded.

I've honestly never seen that said about her work ever. Even recently I've seen it said that the Posehn/Duggan run is the first readable DP run since Kelley's.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Shawn posted:

Rhyno just hates Simone and running her off the board wasn't enough for him. You missed him slyly saying he's never heard anyone praise her Secret Six, Birds of Pray or anything else she's written that has been clearly praised.

1. I had nothing to do with running her off the board. 2. I was referring to her DP work as I very much enjoyed her BoP run but hey, keep putting words in my mouth.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Everyone seems to think Sgt Rock drove her off because he burned some comics in his sink. She loved that and stuck around for a few weeks after. It was several other posters (most of which are long gone) who actually drove her away.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

hup posted:

The only thing I remember about it was her being under constant threat of probation because she'd always sign her posts

I believe she did get probated and that was the last straw for her. A BSSer saw her at a con some months later and she had nothing nice to say about her experience.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
That's pretty neat!

• Locked thread