Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

I agree with the Deadpool Annual #2 sentiments. Deadpool posing as an established hero is always good for a laugh, having him go up against Chameleon is even better.

Chameleon's tactics in this issue work best against someone with a conscience; Deadpool doesn't have one. The finale page was the cherry topping the sundae.

I have this really bad feeling that when Posehn's off the book Deadpool will get divorced or something.

Binary Badger fucked around with this message at 03:13 on May 26, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Yeah, the art was definitely lacking, seemed more like a bad Cracked backup filler than what we're used to. So, to wash the bad taste out of my mouth I went and re-read the Annual again.

I liked the little touches in how DP wears the Spidey costume, especially how the Spider cowl still had the little tuft in the back of the head that his normal costume has.

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Seems kinda stupid to kill off a character that's going to get a major movie released.

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Deadpool's Secret Secret Wars was decent, and I liked how it tried pretty hard to match the original Mike Zeck art, and kept a lot of the original Shooter dialogue (except for DP's snarks in between.) DP pretty much says what we're all thinking about Reed, although maybe it's too soon for Susie jokes?

However, I can't help but feel that to someone who never read Secret Wars or DP it's a mass of confusing one-liners..

The backup story with the Contest of Champions spoof was pretty cool as well, I wonder if the Pink Sphinx's five year plan ever got off the ground..

• Locked thread