Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas
Which LGBTQA superhero/villain has had the most mainstream visibility? I'd say Iceman, but I'm unsure how many non-comics fans would be aware that he's gay. I know the Bruce Timm stuff was fairly committed to a romantic valence between Harley Quinn and Poison Ivy but frankly I have no clue what the current state of their characters is.

Edit: Now that I'm thinking about it, I'm sort of taken aback that the Avengers movies got away with being a team of straight white people. Have any of the big comic book movies of the past decade or so had characters that weren't depicted as anything other than hetero? I know Bucky and Captain America, as well as the younger movie Professor X and Magneto have robust shipping communities-- why not just pull the trigger, rejigger their initial ages in WWII, and have a Bucky and Cap that were a couple? It's not like the world's going to be worse off for missing out on a scintillating Sharon Carter subplot.

How Wonderful! fucked around with this message at 17:53 on Feb 21, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread