Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

I'd always heard that it was because she took issue with the book itself, for which I kind of can't blame her. The book got really, really weird.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xealot
Nov 25, 2002

Showdown in the Galaxy Era.

Deakul posted:

Thank gently caress, Manhunter had its fair share of issues but tonally it was mostly fantastic, up until the last act.

Definitely my favorite Hannibal film next to Silence.

Manhunter is too goddamn 80's for its own good...which I can't fault it for, rationally, it came by that honestly. But Jesus it is so aggressively, revoltingly 80's. It's hard for me to get past it to enjoy the experience, even if I acknowledge it's good.

The irony is that Red Dragon could've been phenomenal. The cast was unbelievable. Aesthetically, I actually rather liked it. But ugh...Brett Ratner. He artlessly jammed every successful serial killer film into the same bloodied hole, and created the most generic mess possible.

It saddens me to think what it'd look like if a better director was trusted with Ed Norton and Ralph Fiennes in those roles. And Philip Seymour Hoffman. Goddamn.

At least this show will take another stab at it. Literally, because murderers.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I made a pretty low-effort new OP here, if you care to migrate:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3723960

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

MrAristocrates posted:

If DP doesn't mind me sniping him I'll whip something up.

Way late on this but go right ahead if you haven't already.

If you have...

...I forgive you.

• Locked thread