Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT

Teenage Fansub posted:

Maybe that's because they can't apply the BOGO calculations at Amazon's checkout, so just put everything on 50% off instead?

There is a Marvel sale as well, that can be combined with Buy One Get One, so can knock them down to about 20% of original price, including Avengers Academy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Any of the stuff that were already on sale (Asgardian of the Galaxy and Back to School) worth reading?

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Rirse posted:

Any of the stuff that were already on sale (Asgardian of the Galaxy and Back to School) worth reading?

New Mutants, Gillen Young Avengers, Moon Girl, Angela collections, Journey into Mystery

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
The Marvel BOGO coupon still working for the Spider-Verse and Iron Fist sale. Probably expires in a half hour or so.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
My hurl:

Atomic Robo and the Ring of Fire
DC: The New Frontier Vol 1 & 2
Kill Six Billion Demons: Book Two
Kingdom Come

Also I noticed the iOS version of ComiXology is up to version 3.11 which has an expanded search, book/series toggle, and sorting options in My Books and the Android version is still on 3.10.

OhFunny fucked around with this message at 04:58 on Sep 7, 2018

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

I cant do ratings or reviews in comixology?
I need to warn people of Elephantmen for the good of earth.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

It has a star system on the website, at least.

edit: Or I thought it did. Is that recently gone or am I nuts?

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Teenage Fansub posted:

It has a star system on the website, at least.

edit: Or I thought it did. Is that recently gone or am I nuts?

when you pass the last page of a book you can rate a comic with only a star system that seems to not actually affect things like the perfect scores for elephantmen.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Okay but what about Valerian (now on sale for its 11th month running)

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

Pick up all 5 books of Esteban!

prussian advisor
Jan 15, 2007

The day you see a camera come into our courtroom, its going to roll over my dead body.
So as someone new to comics who just got the ComiXology free trial, are there any must-read series that are available in more or less complete form on Unlimited (unlike most of them where just the first volume/collection seems to be free)? I’m not much of a superhero guy, but I greatly enjoy horror comics—I’ve read through Locke and Key and Y: The Last Man recently and loved both. Currently I’m going through Afterlife with Archie and it’s...shockingly good despite the completely absurd premise and the fact that it’s played 100% straight.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Chilling Adventures of Sabrina vol. 1 is on there. It's in a similar vein to Afterlife with Archie, but it just stops and no one knows if it'll continue. (Which is a bummer.)

(Also thanks for reminding me there's tons of stuff on there since I have 16 hours of being a passenger coming up this weekend, so I can load up my iPad!)

zoux
Apr 28, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
I haven't looked at Unlimited since I was disapponted that they didn't seem to offer full series, has that changed at all or is it still just the first or second trade of everything

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Still a lot of that, but they've definitely expanded a bit. It's hit or miss. I only have it since it saves me at least a little bit of money on my weekly buys.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
How often do the Comixology sales rotate? I’m getting into Hellboy after enjoying a bunch of the unlimited books but I realize I just missed a 50% sale.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
hellboy is going on sale constantly, just wait a bit

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

How often do the Comixology sales rotate? I’m getting into Hellboy after enjoying a bunch of the unlimited books but I realize I just missed a 50% sale.

Usually Monday and Tuesday, but weekend sales can pop up Thursday, Friday, and saturday.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

holy poo poo

valerian isnt on sale anymore

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Tom King DC sale
https://www.comixology.com/Tom-King-Sale/page/19741
You need Grayson, Omega Men, Sheriff of Babylon and Mister Miracle in your life.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Sep 28, 2018

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
Amazon/Comixology/Google Books has Saga volumes 1-9 on sale for $5 each. I can't recommend this series enough. Volume 1 link

Crashbee
May 15, 2007

Stupid people are great at winning arguments, because they're too stupid to realize they've lost.
Comixology's Marvel MAX sale includes Ennis' Punisher prequel The Platoon, which I believe is on sale for the first time.

https://www.comixology.co.uk/comics-sale?list_id=26667

SnatchRabbit
Feb 23, 2006

by sebmojo
What's the consensus on the comics side of DC Universe? Is it worth a shot? I saw the selection was pretty limited but I didnt know if they've been supporting it and added stuff.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!

SnatchRabbit posted:

What's the consensus on the comics side of DC Universe? Is it worth a shot? I saw the selection was pretty limited but I didnt know if they've been supporting it and added stuff.

They add and take away. There are a couple complete older series, but most is one to three issues scattered all over a run or mini.

It is trash.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.
Image Comics is discontinuing the sale of DRM free comics on their website. They say they will still be available through comiXology.

https://imagecomics.com/content/view/imagecomics.com-drm-free-update

I haven't used the site since I could get backups through comiXology (same price with the added benefit of a unified library), but they were one of the first DRM free sites I used. Sad to see it go, especially since this one less alternative.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I briefly pondered using it once, but Image (and Dynamite and IDW, incidentally) have ATROCIOUS UIs. Like... this isn't rocket science guys. This has been known since iTunes slowed the bleeding caused by Napster and Limewire. Since Netflix dominated streaming video. All you need to get your foot in the door is to be easy to use. Why do so many sites/services fail at this one point?

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

2000 A. D. had the worst website I've bought digital comics through. And half of them ended up being kinda low res and had things like gutter loss on two page spreads. :psyduck:

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/graphicpolicy/status/1058467033803866112

If you didn't know, they were selling regular .cbz/pdf files on their digital store and Comixology that you could pop in any reader you wanted. No more, I guess.

edit: \/ Oops. Could have had a clearer blurb!

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 02:11 on Nov 3, 2018

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

They literally say you can still get DRM free through comiXology.

quote:

Future titles will be available for purchase through our other digital vendor partners, and DRM-free versions through other services that offer it, like comiXology.

Trench_Rat
Sep 19, 2006
Doing my duty for king and coutry since 86
Anyone with access to Marvel Unlimited are all 84 issues of The'Nam there?

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Trench_Rat posted:

Anyone with access to Marvel Unlimited are all 84 issues of The'Nam there?

I think it was just the Punisher crossover issues until kind of recently when a few years worth were added. Checking, Marvel Unlimitted currently has issues #1-30, 52-53, and 67-69. Feel free to guess which five issues have the Punisher in them.

Trench_Rat
Sep 19, 2006
Doing my duty for king and coutry since 86

Random Stranger posted:

I think it was just the Punisher crossover issues until kind of recently when a few years worth were added. Checking, Marvel Unlimitted currently has issues #1-30, 52-53, and 67-69. Feel free to guess which five issues have the Punisher in them.

The punisher crossovers and the ones that was recently re-relased well that sucks then its e-bay for me

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
What’s super good in the Grant Morrison sale?

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

hadji murad posted:

What’s super good in the Grant Morrison sale?

What isn't?

52 is really good and at a huge discount ($11 for the whole thing, down from $50).

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

get all of it

...but the essentials at the top of the page are a good place to start. Seven Soldiers is one that doesn’t get talked about enough.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Keep in mind, much of his DC stuff contributes to the following stories.
JLA Classified sets up Seven Soldiers, which has some pay-off in Final Crisis, which contains a vital moment for his Batman run, during which later he has a couple of issues acting as an addendum to Final Crisis, then Multiversity is a semi-sequel to Final Crisis, but also brings in elements from one particular issue of his Action Comics...

edit: Just remembered a Final Crisis tie-in follows up on a bit from Animal Man about 20 years later :)

edit2: Haha and DC One Million and All-Star Superman have a link. It's endless.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 12:41 on Nov 6, 2018

Baby Proof
May 16, 2009

Baby Proof posted:

Kindle Unlimited seems to include a good chunk of the Comixology Unlimited books now - it might be worth keeping an eye out for deals on that. Good selection of Valiant, Boom, IDW, maybe 50 Marvel vol 1s, but just a few Image books.

Amazon is doing a $0.99 for 3 months deal again:
https://www.amazon.com/kindle-dbs/p...28-ae2fb6e7893f

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Black Friday sales
Dark Horse "up to 50% off": https://www.comixology.com/Dark-Horse-Linewide-Sale/page/20173
DC almost every trade for $5: https://www.comixology.com/DC-March-to-Black-Friday-Sale/page/20183
Marvel "up to 75% off": https://www.comixology.com/Marvel-Must-Reads-Sale/page/20179
Viz manga "up to 50% off": https://www.comixology.com/Viz-Signature-Sale/page/20174

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
Think I'll make my first buy the new Runaways series trade.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
Didn’t the DC trade sale get followed by a single issue sale last year?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BoyBlunder
Sep 17, 2008
Comixology is doing a DC sale for Black Friday - up to 88% off (https://www.comixology.com/DC_Black...iday_Sale_Email)

I haven't read Tom King's Batman - is that worth picking it up, meaning vol 1 up to the wedding?