Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
Amazing spiderman 1-67 is on sale today for 99 cents each. There is some amazing loving comics and it's hard to not just say buy them all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

LordPants posted:

I find it funny that you unlock volume 1 and 20 of the Walking Dead. Nice work, boys!

Why? It the first one, and the latest one to be released. If they want new readera it's smart to go with recent issues.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Ruzaii posted:

Thanks for the input. Will pick up Astonishing and probably the first bit of Weapon X.

It might also tie into Original Sin.

The deal today is the Death of Superman! and other Doomsday stories!

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Teenage Fansub posted:

Are we even gonna get the FCBD comics on Comixology this week? Anyone know?
Might have to read Futures End #1 before #0.

Watch #1 is just a reprint of 0

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Scarlet Spider is on sale for .99. Go and buy it as it's an amazing series

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

SMP posted:

If I go into this knowing nothing about Spider-Man except what I know from the movies will I get it?

Kaine is a clone a Peter Parker. He used to be a badguy but no he is going to live his life not being a badguy or hero.
Just read it, it's really good

bobkatt013 fucked around with this message at 06:39 on May 9, 2014

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Warren Ellis sale today. Get Nextwave and Ironman

bobkatt013 fucked around with this message at 04:37 on May 12, 2014

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

LordPants posted:

There's also a run of X-Men comics on sale by some nobody. Gee, I hate it when they put these stupid runs up that no one cares about.

If I bought them all would that be bad?

Nope I did. They may suck now, but this run defined the x-men. I half expect there to be another X-men sale on Monday due to the movie coming out next week.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Well I was wrong. The sale today is for ultimate x-men and ultimates relaunch. The only thing really worthwhile is the Hickman Ultimates

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Solaris Knight posted:

I see there's a Batman 66 sale on Comixology, and I have the first issue free. What are some reccomended issues?

All

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Rirse posted:

So which issues of Young Avengers are worth getting from today's sale?

1-12 plus special are decent, but the best is the Young Avengera presents Hawkeye. It's Matt Fractions first work with the character of Clint and Kate

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Rirse posted:

Is there a trend for stuff to go on sale with Comixology? Feels like there be times with really good sales like Transmetropolitan or a bunch of classic X-Men issues, then suddenly something like this week where some Ghostbusters series I never heard of.

Movies are a good indicator. They sold some amazing Spider-man and X-men stuff since those movies are coming out. When it comes to other stuff its just a crap shoot.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Rirse posted:

Runaways is on sale, which is nice since I bought the first volume back when they had a trade sale for it. But I am curious which issues are worth getting for it?

If Vaughn wrote it get it

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Fatal Attractions does suck but the first volume does contain an amazing X-factor issue. The one in which they get analyzed.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Anime_Otaku posted:

Comixology's week long sale is Nightwing. Never read any Nightwing myself so can't say what is good or not.
On Sale:
1995 series
1996-2009 series
2011-2014 series
There's also some individual issues and (presumably) arcs too from Action Comic, Birds of Prey and others.

It includes the Judas Contract and that is pretty good. However, it looses some of its punch if you never read the previous issues.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Space Fish posted:

I would like to second this. Legacy is relatively self-contained and one of the best runs in the franchise's recent history.

I was holding out hope for a complete HC run of it, but $18 for all of it in digital is grand too.

Not all of it. All of it except the final arc.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

If you want some great Joker stories get Batman 251 and Detective Comics 475 and 476. The Joker Fish and the Joker's 5 way revenge are classic and some of the best Bat stories ever.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

There is a sale on Top Shelf trades and issues! You can have a copy of Lost Girls to read anytime. There is also poo poo like From Hell, LOEG, Underwater Welder, Essex Country and a shitload others.

bobkatt013 fucked around with this message at 15:13 on Jul 24, 2014

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

PrinnySquadron posted:

Hickman Avengers and A+X on sale. Any of it worth getting?

Yes Hickman'a Avengers is pretty great. The only thing is the Infinity stuff needs to be read with New Avengers and Infinity.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Rirse posted:

A new Batman sale theme around his sidekick Robin. Includes Batman & Robin and Batman Inc, which were missing from last week sale.

The only bat thing written by Morrison that has not been on sale the last two weeks is the return of Bruce Wayne and final crisis

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

I assume tonight the sale is going to be Bendis's guardian series or the Dan Abnett and Andy Lanning bundle along with the War and Realm crossovers. Nova may or may not be included.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

PelvicNerve posted:

There we go: DnA Guardians on sale, as well as these 4 Drax issues missing from Annihilation I mentioned earlier.

And Thanos Rising, a 5 issue mini from last year that basically retells his origin story.

How is Thanos Rising?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Uthor posted:

Yeah, I can't recommend it unless you want to see Thanos as an emo teenager.

Thanks for saving me 5 bucks that will go towards the next sale. I am such Comixology's bitch.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

irlZaphod posted:

God drat it, I've never read Infinity Gauntlet and kinda want to, but I've already dropped a poo poo load of cash lately on Annihilation stuff. :ohdear:

Batman hosed me over, and I can not wait to see what Batcharacter is going on sale tonight. I hope it includes the few Morrison issues that have not been on sale yet.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

irlZaphod posted:

Is it cool to read Thanos: The Final Threat #1 -> Thanos Quest #1-2 -> Infinity Gauntlet #1-6, or would I want those Silver Surfer issues too?

Silver Surfer issues 34-38 lead to Thanos Quest.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Bendis and Jeff Parkers's Dark Avengers is on sale. How is Parker's Dark Avengers?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Today's bundle sale is World War Hulk. There is really nothing that I remember being worth a read, as it does not include the start of the Incredible Hercules series.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

I really hope that todays DC sale is all of Grant Morrison's DC work.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Today's sale is Grant Morrison's X-Men. GET IT!

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

How is Morrison and Waids Avengers?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Other than the first 18 issues, Get Mystique, ent/Enemy of Shield and Old Man Logan is there anything worth getting as part of the Wolverine bundle sale?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Good news everyone! Spider-man Chapter One is on sale at comixology! Avenging Spider-Man is also on sale, and how is it?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Am I forgetting or has DC been lacking in the sales department? It feels that its been weeks since they had one, while Marvel has atleast two a week.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

They just had one on all the #0 issues and villain variants. So they do have sales, it's just on crap no one wants to buy.

Oh drat yeah that is right. Why not have a sale of Question or all Morrisons DC work? I half expect a sale on the 52 Constantine when the show premieres not Hellblazer which they should have.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

I would be all over a sale on the Denny O'Neill Question run.

Either DC is not good at knowing what their audience wants or I'm just very different from the DC audience. Maybe both.

To be fair though, I did scoop a ton of stuff on that massive Batman sale they had, including the entire Kelley/Moench run, which I've been enjoying the hell out of, and The Batman of Arkham, which is maybe my new favorite Batman comic ever.

That Batman sale was a thing of beauty. My only problem was they did not have the O'Neil/Adams run. I wanted to get the Ra's al Ghul storyline damnit!

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Teenage Fansub posted:

There've been amazing DC sales in the last year. It's all tied in to current related events for promotion, but when it works out with me getting all of Morrison's Animal Man,

gently caress I MISSED THAT.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Todays Marvel Monday is Secret Avengers. You may think that Brubucker writing a black ops Avengers team would be good would be wrong. Its just there. Then there is Ellis one shots that are pretty good but may have been already purchased as part of the Ellis sale a couple of months ago. The real highlight is the Fear Itself issues. They must be read to believe, as they are unforgettable. The end of the run is done by Remender. I have only read part of it and was wondering if worth getting? The bundle is 35 and I can not say that its worth that.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

A Tin Of Beans posted:

... Considering Fear Itself, is this a good or bad thing?

Read them and find out!

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

SomeJazzyRat posted:

Sales at last, sales at last, sweet Batman almighty, sales at last!

:siren: Gotham Central is now on Sale! :siren:

So fresh off the table that there isn't even a dedicated page for this sale yet.

I know you have been waiting for this, I have been waiting for this, a lot have been waiting. And now it is here and it is glorious.

In addition we have a No Man's Land outnumbering GC 2:1, don't know what's up with that, as well as tertiary series rounding out the numbers such as Gordon's Law and Turning Points; as well as related various issues of other BatFam comics. Personally I have no idea how these series and issues intersect and overlap, but point being Gotham Central.

Its the whole loving No Man's Land. What are the issues that are tied with Gotham Central in regards to Two Face and Rene?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

^^ Marel usually has a couple of trades on sale weekly.

Russad posted:

Maybe I'm using the wrong word?

But there are 4 collected editions listed in the Gotham Central category:

https://www.comixology.com/Gotham-Central/comics-series/3035

They do not put trades on sale expect for special and random occasions.