Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

X13Fen
Oct 18, 2006

"Is that an accurate quote? It should be.
I think about it often enough."

Hakkesshu posted:

Well, in one of the first major moves made since the Amazon acquisition, Comixology has now been regionalized and Europeans are forced to pay in Euros. I was dreading this, and sure enough comics have suddenly become slightly more expensive, but at least they aren't converting 1:1 so it could be a lot worse.

Yeah, same for Australia. Comics have gone up by .30c, so every "99c Sale" tag is a bit misleading these days.

I just hope that more comics don't get "region locked", for lack of a better term, because of this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

X13Fen
Oct 18, 2006

SynthOrange posted:

Goddammit. I liked what I saw of Comixology on my ipad. Put off signing up for a few weeks, then come back to a really awful lovely app instead?

Why.

Synth, you can still use the old app to read and browse on and download to, you just have to buy via the website now.

VVV: No argument here.

X13Fen fucked around with this message at 08:22 on May 9, 2014

X13Fen
Oct 18, 2006

This alone sold me, but then I bought and read through all three of his years today. Thanks for the write up!

X13Fen
Oct 18, 2006

hadji murad posted:

I've used a VPN to buy Ninja Turtles and Godzilla which aren't available because Japan. They showed up in my library and in the store with it running.

Ditto, but for Transformers comics, and they appear fine even with the VPN turned off.

X13Fen
Oct 18, 2006

You two are legends, thank you both!