Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Unbelievably Fat Man
Jun 1, 2000

Innocent people. I could never hurt innocent people.

404GoonNotFound posted:

Best case scenario, Amazon's clout keeps Apple from trying their arbitrary censorship again.

That ended up being Comixology not bothering to submit things to review from Apple because they were sure they would fail.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unbelievably Fat Man
Jun 1, 2000

Is that the current GI Joe/Transformers? Because that one's the balls. That comic is pure manic energy. It's got way more soul than any licensed comic I can think of.

I'm pretty sure they have issue #0 for free so you can see for yourself.

Unbelievably Fat Man
Jun 1, 2000

Uthor posted:

Cursed Pirate Girl
Cursed Pirate Girl
Also:
Cursed Pirate Girl
I can't help but wonder if Cursed Pirate Girl might be best as a digital comic, just because it's so ridiculously detailed and you can zoom in. But drat is that ever a good comic.

Glory and Afterlife with Archie too.

Unbelievably Fat Man
Jun 1, 2000

As far as I know Scribd serves epubs, which are a pretty good format for text and a pretty crap format for comics. If this turns out successfully perhaps they'll unveil some fancy new format specifically for comics.

I bet it would be okay on an iPad. Otherwise it probably wouldn't be too useful.

Unbelievably Fat Man
Jun 1, 2000

I've seen a bit of this too. My gut says it's showing you the most recent releases of stuff and foreign language stuff usually takes some time to show up, so it often ends up on top.

Unbelievably Fat Man
Jun 1, 2000

Archie VS Predator has one good joke and its been stretched out way too long.

No Escape is not even remotely comparable. De Campi is really putting a lot of juice in it, which she obviously is not in AvP. And Carla Speed McNeil is drawing the gently caress out of that book.

Unbelievably Fat Man
Jun 1, 2000

Does anyone actually read comics on iBooks? Like, obviously Comixology is king poo poo and actually works reasonably well across almost every possible device. Kindle format is a tolerable substitute I guess if you have a ton of Amazon gift cards (otherwise it's bad. Don't do it)

But iBooks? Can you even read comics on an iPad Mini?

Unbelievably Fat Man
Jun 1, 2000

I meant specifically on iBooks on in iPad Mini. I misspoke.

Unbelievably Fat Man
Jun 1, 2000

zoux posted:

Well, sell me on it, then, I've never heard of it.

It's a high octane pastiche of 80's comics (especially Suicide Squad) filtered through more modern alt/art comics. The art is beautiful, inventive and weird. The only real criticism I have of it is that the pastiche characters are kinda too dead on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unbelievably Fat Man
Jun 1, 2000

Well, to begin with they start off as a parody of Frank Miller's Daredevil, but it takes a while for them to transmogrify into a recognizable form. They have a sense of humor but it's a very different one from what the franchise eventually ended up with. I'd say get the first book and see how you feel about it.