Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Sarchasm posted:

Any opinions on this?

I think it's an acquired taste that didn't age well beyond the era it was created in. I enjoyed the anime series way more than the original manga. The settings brilliant but Shirow's old work feels like Kojima cranked to 11+

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Dsmif posted:

How often does Humble Bundle have comic bundles?

bout 4 times a year much more if you consider warhammer comics or pathfinder comics worth reading

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

What should i get thats cheap and good on Comixology?

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

Naruto is one of the dumbest manga and it's art is lazy. Hail One Piece!

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

Read The Manhattan Projects
https://www.comixology.com/The-Manhattan-Projects/comics-series/7588?ref=c2VhcmNoL2luZGV4L2Rlc2t0b3Avc2xpZGVyTGlzdC90b3BSZXN1bHRzU2xpZGVy
Read all of them

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

The Kins posted:

New Humble Comics Bundle focused on Michael Turner's work.

Not a fan of the artists work on women. Not great with men ether

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

All new wolverine is poorly written, has gambit

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

Linda Medley is my hero
https://www.comixology.com/Castle-Waiting-Vol-1/digital-comic/32082
Castle Waiting is a masterpiece of self published/inked/written/drawn hard loving work
Just noticed its on unlimited

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

Uthor posted:

Half off Bone with the code "bone". You can get the whole series in B&W for $10.

https://m.comixology.com/Bone-Sale/page/16609

Holy crap!

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

Roth posted:

Is the coloring worth the extra $40?

Its good coloring but Jeffs inking and style is strong as hell in b&w

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

I said this a while back but ill say it again here. Its on Unlimited but Castle Waiting is a treat

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

I need the best of gorilla grodd

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

I'll second that Vader idea

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

So if i spent like 20 bucks on dc, and lets assume I have the normal known classics.
What good? YES I HAVE OMEGA MEN

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

Y'all need Bone, Castle Waiting and The Maxx.
Until comixology gets naussica an Akira

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

Thanks CU
Why the gently caress was elephant men made and so many issues?

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

What's stopping a sales tab for comixology Kindle app

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

It's like selling landmines. Which are good and which are identity crisis!?

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

I picked up Final Crisis for 99 cents on amazon.
It is worth far less
DC have any editors?

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

It's overpriced, it's such a mess

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

SMP posted:

I think the last thing this thread needs is yet another re-litigation of Final Crisis.

I missed the first one but I just read it and its like being tricked by a gypsy. I thought I bought a readable comic!

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

Peter David, is that you?

I knew the name, but had to look him up. No I'm not Peter David I'd have to start eating like its a job.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

Unsettling art style for one

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

What's the best Black Panther stuff to read I just finished the Coates run and it's a drat drag. Plot takes one volume steps forward two volume steps back on everything.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

holy crap they bought Elephantmen. What a terrible purchase by comixology

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

Oversexualised female form (even for comics) and hulk animal men combined with just terrible terrible writing.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

Good self contained Flash graphic novels of note on sale?

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

I cant do ratings or reviews in comixology?
I need to warn people of Elephantmen for the good of earth.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

Teenage Fansub posted:

It has a star system on the website, at least.

edit: Or I thought it did. Is that recently gone or am I nuts?

when you pass the last page of a book you can rate a comic with only a star system that seems to not actually affect things like the perfect scores for elephantmen.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

So this Wolverine is back poo poo. Its on sale. Is it done? How many parts are needed how many are just loving unneeded?

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

Alaois posted:

given your tone it seems like you already think all of it is unneeded

Nah its just I see like 500 pages for the Hunt for Wolverine and as I'm adding to cart I see there is like 4 other tie ins, and its drat hard to know if they are needed to understand the story. Or was this event like Fear Itself and best avoided altogether?
I like going in blind but its a giant hassle when swaths of the story are sold separately or trying to find out if a comic is good without spoiling it.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

So wait, Doctor Octopus is Wolverine?

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

12 dollars an issue? sounds great!

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

TheManWithNoName posted:

Basically every Fantagraphics book is on sale through ComiXology. Definitely grabbing the Usagi Yojimbo set for $20.

Some of my favs
Castle Waiting
Pogo
Fletcher Hanks Complete Collection
Dinomania
Zippy the Pinhead

all crazy good sales

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

TheManWithNoName posted:

Most of these are free on ComiXology Unlimited as well.

What you mean is "not trying them is a crime!"

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

Did 9-11 ruin Frank Millar in every way? Just read the drat end to the Dark Knight series and I wanna beat him up
Edit: https://www.theguardian.com/books/2018/apr/27/frank-miller-xerxes-cursed-sin-city-the-dark-knight-returns
Oh dear

Upsidads fucked around with this message at 17:39 on Mar 30, 2019

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

I just read Dark Knight part 3 "The Master Race" my vote is "still broke"

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

any good stuff in this sale?
Do good Arrow comics exist?
Hellboy is a given.
Cosmic Ghost rider good?

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

Theres a "DC Hard Traveling Heroes Sale" , "Shazam", and "Thanos" sale im lookin at
The Rob Liefield sale is poison

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

So DC Villians sale? Is there a good Darkseid comic? I assume so but...