Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Any issues with using Unlimited on multiple devices. My brother is going to be living with me and it doesn't make much sense to do separate accounts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I was just about to subscribe to unlimited but this might be better. Too bad it doesn't include any DC stuff or I'd be sold on sight

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I use Cloudreader. It's not great and there are probably better apps but I've been using it for years and it's simple and reliable

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Is Letter 44 an ongoing or was it just a 13 issue run? It sounds cool but I like to wait and read the whole thing.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

ovaries posted:

This may be a long shot, but can anyone recommend any good French comics among the ones carried by Comixology? Genre doesn't matter, I'm just looking for some books to enjoy as a learning aid.

Can't go wrong with Asterix and Obelisk. Or Tintin, i guess

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Space Fish posted:

How nice of DC to drop their weeklies' prices for everyone at their conclusion.

This just reinforces to me the law of Comixology and digital comics in general: if you're not in love with a series, wait for it to go on sale. (Or for the library to pick up the trade!) (Or for a Humble Bundle edition!) Don't pay the New Release Tax - tide yourself over with something else.

That goes for literally anything though. If you really like it buy it right away, otherwise wait for a sale. Comics, video games, movies, cars, vacuum cleaners, you name it

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Has anyone used Scribd? I want to sign up a service and not sure if I should do that or Unlimited

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Speaking of, free month of Unlimited with promo code STARWARS

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Gaz-L posted:

Didn't I hear somewhere that Unlimited is less useful for Marvel as a revenue stream than as a means to hook new customers who then buy more stuff?

I'm sure it is. "Gee, this Avengers stuff is cool but I don't want to wait six months and get Secret Wars spoiled, I guess I'll start buying stuff"

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

$70 all together, eh? And this would be the entire run up to Secret Wars or is there anything else in between?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Deadpool posted:

Yeah it was released in single issues as Deadpool: Dracula's Gauntlet. I don't buy physical issues anymore though so I never saw it.

Did it tie in with anything else? I'm reading Poeshn's Deadpool run and it relates to this, but Unlimited only starts at issue 5 for some reason

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I read a bunch of the Mass Effect stuff years ago and it was pretty good for licenced stuff.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

CharlestheHammer posted:

So what exactly would be good for tt. I have heard good things about the older poo poo.

Wolfman's run is generally considered the best

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

All I want is to be able to read an event in order. If I'm reading Hickman's Avengers and New Avengers it should go from one to the other for me automatically. I would totally pay extra for that

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Aphrodite posted:

It sorts your library by release order (or has the option to anyway), so it should do that.

Sure, but only if empty my library of anything else, and then exit out to it between every issue

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

PoshAlligator posted:

Hey I'm just not fond of the fact they clearly have the HD scans of the comics somewhere to be able to offer them on Comixology. MU might be more economically friendly, but at the end of the day it's still a paid for service, so it strikes me as a bit cheeky for them to deliberately do that.

That's like saying "Who cares if I just ordered a salad and a water, this restaurant has steak available and I want one!"

As for zooming in I use an ipad and haven't noticed any problems, but I only use it for spreads if I don't want to turn my ipad

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Craptacular! posted:

Anybody read anything on an iPad Mini? Can you get the job done? I own an aging 16:10 Android that's on the edge of obsolesence and even if I do make that my dedicated comic reader I don't want to lug it around with a more modern tablet with me.

New iPads were just announced today so there should be a price drop very soon

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

head58 posted:

For the love of all that is holy, get the 1/2 issue. It's free and one of my favorite single issues ever.

Is that Nearness of You? Because hell yes, easily my favorite single issue of anything.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Yeah, that and the one with the doorman are amazing, but the first issue is pretty damned good about setting the tone of what Busiek's doing

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Irredeemable starts out extremely strong but runs a lot longer than it should have.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

zoux posted:

I see this a lot and I have no idea what people mean by it. Where should it have ended?

It's more the fact that it could have told more or less the same story in a much shorter volume. It's got a decent amount of filler.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

It's legit. If you open the Unlimited app it's right in there, too

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I just added a ! to my current password :thumbsup:

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

UltimatePassword:Password!

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Eye of the Camera is ok, it's a direct sequel to Marvels but nowhere near as good (to be fair Marvels is probably in my top ten graphic novels of all time, though)

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Anime_Otaku posted:

Avengers A.I. never read it, is it any good?

Retro Futurist posted:

So, Avengers AI is insane

Yeah

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

hup posted:

Which means this is a good time to get into Ghostbusters comics, because you can get volumes 1-9 and the cartoon crossover for exactly $20

Where are you seeing that? I'm only see volumes 1-4 as existing and they're $4 each

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Ah, they split Vol 1-4 and 5-9 into 2 separate series, that's why I couldn't find it

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Teenage Fansub posted:

Love me some giant size man things.

Comic's good, too

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Can't wait to buy two copies of every issue in the Shadowland sale!

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

The kings stuff not as much, but it all leads up to Thanos Imperitive which is pretty Starlord heavy

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Is it still running? Definitely sounds cool but I prefer to wait until books are done before reading them

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

pastis posted:

Dear god help us, Marvel Kindle/Comixology books are discounted back to those insane June prices on Amazon again. I stocked up on recent X-Men collections for $3 a piece.

Anything good in these that isn't already on MU?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I'm considering buying Annihilator, but the collected edition is about $4 more than buying the individual issues. Anyone know why? Doesn't look like there's anything extra there

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Crashbee posted:

Is it the same as the one on Amazon? That looks to be slightly cheaper: https://www.amazon.com/Annihilator-...son+annihilator

I'm Canada so it's a bit more for me, but still cheaper than the comixology one for some reason

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I've never actually read the main Hellboy stuff so this is sorely tempting, but man even with that we're talking $120

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Ugh but then I'm going to have to get BRPD and all the other stuff and then I have to cancel Christmas

e: I'm going to stick with Plan A and wait for the Omnibuses next year

Opopanax fucked around with this message at 22:28 on Oct 19, 2017

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Russad posted:

Thanks for the input - I threw some cash at the Jason Aaron volumes to start. I caught up on Agents of SHIELD recently and thought the GR stuff was pretty decent, and then checked my comixology library to see what I had for GR and realized that in all the things I've picked up in sales over the past couple of years, I didn't have a single issue.

The older stuff and especially Aaron's run are worth reading, but if you're looking for Reyes Ghost Rider specifically that will be All New Ghostrider

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Schneider Heim posted:

Moon Knight sale
She-Hulk sale

Up until end of Monday... How is Huston's Moon Knight run? And I have heard some good things about Byrne's She-Hulk run, is it any good?

Huston's run isn't very great. It's not terrible but I didn't love it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Nice, I've been looking for a sale to grab Doom that came to Gotham

e: Jesus there's some great stuff there. $25 for all of Planetary, entire runs on all the big titles, bunch of vertigo, so much Morrison! I'm just making Homer drooling noises at my desk here

Opopanax fucked around with this message at 07:17 on Nov 21, 2017