Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

:smug::smug::xd:
Such a bizarre situation because the individual apps, like DC Comics, arent affected. I'm guessing they will be but Comixology arent commenting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

Seperating store from reading app means I won't browse while they download. So p much all my impulse buys are finished.

Thats the only bummer about it, the webstores actually good to use and only one transaction instead of each seperately will probably save time.

Just a shame that in New Zealand, the closest comic store to me is about 4 hours. I am at their mercy.

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

Comixology just said theres no planned changes to the individual apps right now. Theyre what I use anyway so kinda good but I do like the new checkout system in the webpage.

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

Agent Escalus posted:

Dear fellow thread readers,

Guess why I have a couple hundred bucks on hand in my iOS account most of the time, like the $300 in there right now?

The worst part of this is, Target stores here in Canada give 5% off anything bought with their free debit card, including Apple cards. So, $100 card for that much of digital goods actually costs $95. It adds up.

Or, added up. :(

Congratulations, you've earned a new Comics Fan merit badge!

Download the comixology idw, dc or marvel apps and spend your money in them instead

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

vtlock posted:

Is there a way to keep track of Comixology sales without visiting the website each day? (I'm thinking of something wish list & notification based, like appshopper.com).

As bad as Facebook is to use, they promote their new sales really well on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

Uthor posted:

I don't know, I think the 9" screen on my Nook HD+ is just fine for reading on. Though, yes, get a tablet with Android or iOS on it unless you are into the whole Amazon ecosystem. It sucks not being able to sideload apps on my locked down on. No Amazon Apps of the Day or Humble Bundle games that I have bought for my phone...

Anyway, TMNT question. I really want to read City Fall and will probably grab the volumes leading up to it. Are any of the micro-series worth the money?

Secret History of the Foot Clan and the Leonardo, Alopex and Bebop/Rocksteady microseries all stand out.

In saying that, there is no *bad* IDW TMNT issue.