Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

Gaz-L posted:

Now download the Kindle app. And open one of them without looking at the icon you tapped, and tell me which one you opened.

Comixology being consumed by the leviathan to the point that its product and the serpent's are indistinguishable sucks a whole bunch, I agree!

Endless Mike posted:

Was reading while downloading not a thing on Android? You've been able to do it on iOS for as long as I can remember.

Hell, two page mode for manga has been there for a long time, too.

Turning my tablet sideways while reading manga on Comixology's Android app used to result in a shrunken version of the one-page view. Shonen Jump and Kobo's apps handled wide/two-page manga mode just fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

Should be a line underneath that saying "First two volumes of Heathen are real solid though"

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

Took me til now to notice their sales/deals section, which is far less emphasized than before, is basically "here are all 2500+ titles on sale, good luck telling them apart, rear end in a top hat."

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

https://gizmodo.com/dcs-comics-app-finally-remembers-other-countries-exist-1848712752

Canada: Currently available

Australia: March 29, 2022

New Zealand: March 29, 2022

United Kingdom: April 28, 2022

Brazil: Summer 2022

Mexico: Summer 2022

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

Digital comics hack: find a library system with the ideal number of Hoopla checkouts per month and buy yourself a year's membership. Take that, Comixology Unlimited!

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

Skwirl posted:

Tell me you don't use the library without telling me you don't use the library.

What's wrong with that scheme? Plenty of libraries allow out-of-county memberships.

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

I am willing to put together a list of Hoopla-subscribed libraries sorted by annual fee.
There are cheaper deals than Comixology Unlimited just waiting for your ravenous reading eyes!

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

If anyone reads this thread and is intrigued by Hoopla but lives someplace with no/poor access to it, keep in mind many US libraries offer paid out-of-county registration that allows access to online resources including Hoopla (Libby, Kanopy, and other services are worth trying too!).

My local library likes to brag on how many users it has internationally. Compared to a year of Marvel/DC/Kindle, the cost can be quite competitive!

I'll make this my New Year's Goon resolution, to sniff out some good value-for-checkout rates in US libraries.

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

https://bsky.app/profile/omnibus.bsky.social/post/3kqj67nft2s22

Omnibus app coming to Android any day now, from the sound of it.

Combined with Comixology's notification that it will die in Kindle's stomach, I'm game to try a new digital comics store. Google Play Books and Kobo haven't cut it for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

Finally official, just as Free Comic Book Day passes: the Omnibus app is live on Android! Just because my Comixology/Kindle TBR is infinite doesn't mean I can't buy some more comics on a non-Amazon platform! In-app, no less.