Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist
Yeah, it's everything except the annual. I was actually coming on to ask if it was worth buying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist
Miles started a storyline that brings together the Ultimates, but Marvel Unlimited doesn't have the ending of the line. Last issue has a cover with our heroes floating in a test tube, but I haven't looked in a while.

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist
EDIT: Oops. Confused the sale with something else.

The Modern Leper fucked around with this message at 11:57 on Jun 4, 2015

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist

Unbelievably Fat Man posted:

Does anyone actually read comics on iBooks? Like, obviously Comixology is king poo poo and actually works reasonably well across almost every possible device. Kindle format is a tolerable substitute I guess if you have a ton of Amazon gift cards (otherwise it's bad. Don't do it)

But iBooks? Can you even read comics on an iPad Mini?

I bought one book in iBooks, but the formatting was intolerable.

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist

hadji murad posted:

So Usagi Yojimbo vol 1 isn't on Comixology? I thought it was on the old DH app.

I bought the three Saga volumes which starts from book 8.... is there a way to get books 1-7?

Huh? My volume one (hardcopy) covers issues 1-6, and my volume 2 (digital) covers 7-12.

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist
Sorry, what is this?

https://m.comixology.com/Saga-Vol-1/digital-comic/31384

The interior samples look like stuff from the first issue.

Edit: Unless there's an earlier.... series I'm not aware of?

EDIT: drat it!

The Modern Leper fucked around with this message at 03:18 on Jul 13, 2015

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist
Nope. What are you reading?

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist
Yeah, Fatale was great. I may pick up Criminal, but Fade Out didn't grab me after a first couple of issues.

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist
Damnit. I'm thinking Criminal, Sex Criminals, and maybe the Fade Out (I didn't like the start, but I loved Fatale). Thank god I don't like Saga.

I'd maybe like to gift W+D to someone. Anyone know how that works?

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist
Throwing a recommendation out for Velvet.

Edit: Bought the volumes of Criminal and Sex Criminals. I'll catch fade out the next time.

The Modern Leper fucked around with this message at 02:01 on Oct 6, 2015

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist
We3 individual issues total $2.97. Anyone know what's different/included in the trade paperback?

Dammit, I think I've read this series three times already. Time I finally buy it.

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist

MarcusSA posted:

I decided to take advantage of this and while it's awesome that there are so many comics on the service their IOS app leaves a lot to be desired. Hopefully we will see some QOL updates soon.

:cawg:

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist
First year access only, it appears.

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist
Worth looking into, but they usually run out your existing subscription if you cancel. More likely, the deal is for new and "lapsed" members - I doubt the deal will last long enough for existing members to cancel and then come back.

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist
The discounts don't stack right if you pick up a bundle.

Loaded individual volumes and, with my Comixology Unlimited discount on top, got the entire Paper Girls run for $16.

EDIT: Black Science for $25! This could get dangerous.

The Modern Leper fucked around with this message at 01:21 on Mar 5, 2020

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist
They mean that almost every digitally-available comic is being offered free. Apocalypse is digitally-available, but is not included in the free collection.

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist
Update completely wiped my library, so that's also great.

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist
I know that this is almost a "return to the roots" situation, but man do I not want buying comics to just be another aisle in the Amazon mega mart.

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist
Just used in the US, but the code didn't activate. On a 7-day trial for the moment, but sent a message into support.

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist

Zachack posted:

Please post what you find out as I seem to be in the same situation - code worked, said I'd get charged $37, went through paypal, but I'm now on the 7-day trial until March 8. Presumably the system would just bill the $37 on the 8th but there's no way to see this.

Hey, I didn't even get this confirmation. I think you'll be okay, since at least you saw the $37 figure, but I'll keep the thread updated.

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist

The Modern Leper posted:

Just used in the US, but the code didn't activate. On a 7-day trial for the moment, but sent a message into support.

Update: Got an email confirming that they added the discount to my account, but it does read as though it was added in response to my email.

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist
Paper Girls is also great.

drat, lots of good stuff in that bundle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist

bagrada posted:

I feel stupid in hindsight because yellow orange white isn't red, but I was scrolling down looking for Cyclops...

:same: