Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ruzaii
Mar 1, 2009

I know Arena is pretty much dreck, but what's the general consensus on Avengers Academy?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ruzaii
Mar 1, 2009

Marvel's Monday sale at Comixology is a bunch of Jason Aaron books.

I'm interested in Ultimate Captain America, Astonishing Spiderman and Wolverine, and to a lesser extent, Wolverine: Weapon X. How are these generally regarded?

Ruzaii
Mar 1, 2009

Thanks for the input. Will pick up Astonishing and probably the first bit of Weapon X.

Ruzaii
Mar 1, 2009

Are any of the WW3/Aftermath/Black Adam tie-in minis to 52 worthwhile, or is the main series the only high point?

Ruzaii
Mar 1, 2009

Suggestions for Image titles? I've read East to West and Manhattan Projects and loved them. Just starting Saga and Chew as well. I'm less concerned with the genre of a series and more with consistency of quality.

Also, for IDW, has anybody read the Little Nemo series? Is it a true all ages book, or is it geared more towards young readers?

Ruzaii
Mar 1, 2009

If I wanted to use the Marvel sale to collect Brubaker's Captain America from beginning to end, what should I be buying? As far as I can tell, his run is the 2004-2011 series, the 2011-2012 series and about half of Winter Soldier. Is Captain America & Bucky part of the run, and is there anything else I'm missing?

Ruzaii
Mar 1, 2009

Thanks for this. It's a big help.

Ruzaii
Mar 1, 2009

Teenage Fansub posted:

Try Mark Waid's starting (1987-2009) #62 and/or Geoff Johns' starting #164.
Johns had a second period with Rebirth, Final Crisis: Rogues Revenge, Blackest Night: Flash, the 2010 series and Flashpoint. I remember Rogues' Revenge being fun, but the rest are mediocre to bad.

And I like Crisis on Infinite Earths for the big dumb thing it was.

It seems that aside from some issues by Millar in the middle, Waid's run is pretty much straight through to issue 160. Is that right? Are the Millar issues worth anything at all, or carry on plots that bridge the Waid issues?

Ruzaii
Mar 1, 2009

Is DC One Million any good?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ruzaii
Mar 1, 2009

Can anybody speak to the quality of the series included in the Road to Eden's Fall sale going on at comixology? The Tithe and Postal sound interesting, but I'm not at all familiar with the creator.