Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

It never remembers me for very long, no.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Yeah, it's just the way that system is built. Comixology's guided view has the same problem for me. You used to be able to stretch the pages to fit the width of the screen, can't you do that anymore? That's what I always used when reading Marvel Unlimited on a computer.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Yeah, the AT comics are generally very good. Not as good as the show for a variety of reasons, but they don't feel like second rate products. The OGNs they released are really creative too.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

The first ~32ish issues are superb, some of my favourite comics, and one of the runs that got me into comics in the first place. Issue 33 is when Larry Stroman takes over for a few issues and it's one of the most bewildering, horrendous changes in art I've ever seen on a book, and if you aren't familiar with how the industry works it will leave you jaded and bitter for years to come.

The book never fully recovers from that, but it continues to be solid up until the renumbering, which looks like is where the sale ends, so definitely go for it. After the renumbering there are occasional good issues, but the plot meanders and goes off into insane directions and nothing quite works right. Still a mostly awesome run, though.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Decent run that started better than it ended. Most of Aaron's Marvel stuff has been worth reading.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

I don't think they gain anything by not having HD comics, it's not like 6 month old digital issues sell anything when not on sale. They should be going all-in with MU as far as I'm concerned, that kind of service is the future much moreso than Comixology.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

PoshAlligator posted:

That does explain why my Netflix subscription only lets me watch movies in Standard Definition.

Won't somebody please think about their poor bandwidth?

Yeah it's a factor for sure, but if they want it to be an important service they shouldn't half-rear end it. Not having HD anything in this day and age is unacceptable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

hadji murad posted:

How long does it take for prices to drop from 3.99 to 1.99 for Marvel books?

I'm missing Secret Avengers 8 which is about 8 months old but still full price.

AFAIK Marvel books don't really see permanent price drops