Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Faustoan Bargain
Dec 24, 2009

I'd sell my soul for a pitcher with a power sinker...

PoshAlligator posted:

If you can't wait a few more seconds to buy a comic book then did you really want it in the first place?

It's a weird complaint for customers to be sure, but cutting off those purchases boggles the mind from the business end. I think that's what is so frustrating (aside from the Google credit I'll now have to spend on anything else).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Faustoan Bargain
Dec 24, 2009

Gaz-L posted:

Vampirella is at least interesting, considering you get Morrison, Millar, Ellis, Waid and Conner, among others working on it.
One of those is not like the others, but :stare: I don't think it ever occurred to me that that would be a writer-oriented title. Don't see it in the bundle, though.

Faustoan Bargain
Dec 24, 2009

Is there any "must read" Atomic Robo? I've enjoyed the free ones I've read on Comixology but no idea what to get from the sale.

Faustoan Bargain
Dec 24, 2009

To be clear - you can read any Comixology books offline if you download in the app. It's not a Marvel Unlimited situation where you need to STAY online to read.
(Whoops that got clarified while I was twiddling my thumbs. My big issue with Comixology is that those app downloads can't be placed on SD storage, so... there is SOME limit.)

Faustoan Bargain fucked around with this message at 23:55 on Dec 29, 2015

Faustoan Bargain
Dec 24, 2009

zoux posted:

I sub to MU so I don't ever buy digital Marvel unless I'm foolishly trying to keep up with an event, but I wonder for people who do: why not just sign up for a month of MU and read the sale stuff for much cheaper?

I'm not trying to be critical or anything, I'm just curious what the rationale is.

MU has a terrible interface and unless you've got a long reading binge planned, it's not worth the trouble.

YMMV of course, but having just rejoined MU for a free month, I was reminded what a hassle library management can be.

Faustoan Bargain
Dec 24, 2009

Teenage Fansub posted:

https://www.comixology.com/Road-to-Batman-Sale/page/11925?ref=c2l0ZS9pbmRleC9kZXNrdG9wL2xhcmdlQ2Fyb3VzZWw
Collections and assorted singles, including over 500 pages of Batman Elseworlds for $6.

Elseworlds is pretty safe bet for some fun, what about War Games or Batman and Robin Eternal? I liked Court of Owls, but big meh for Death of the Family and Morrison's run, so....canon batstuff is a gamble for me.

Faustoan Bargain
Dec 24, 2009

Velvet is fun - less mystery/noir and more straight up spy action, but unless you have a VERY strong genre preference it's quality Brubaker stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Faustoan Bargain
Dec 24, 2009

X-Factor is really good, fun reading, at least until crossover stuff grinds it to a confusing mess. Up til that point it's one of my favorite Marvel runs - and coming in, I had no interest in Madrox or half the roster.