Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:
That article seems to very "the sky is falling" when at most it just added another step to buying a comic for Ipad users. Also you can't tell me Apple wouldn't have done the same thing to the android platforms if they'd bought Comixology.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

Aside from the iTunes credit issue this hasn't cut off iPad users from actually buying content to read on their device so I see it as a minor issue. And if the market responds badly to it there could very well be a reversal of policy. Personally I'm hoping they integrate the Comixology app with purchases on Amazon proper as I have some collections on kindle I picked up on sale.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

petewhitley posted:

I'm sorry man that came out wrong. Didn't mean to be a prick about it.

But I personally already find myself less likely to pick up new comics with these changes. After less than a week. For all the reasons others have mentioned, even knowing how simple it is to hop over to the website, it's just not the same as being in-app and impulse buying the next issue. If in-the-know-geeks are already feeling like this it really is a shame that they've added this layer of inaccessibility for newer, less committed readers. I think as dedicated comic-reading goons it's easy to overlook how stuff like this is a barrier to the average reader.

Well look at it this way, you'll save money on less impulse buys. :v:

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

sleepingbuddha posted:

I really hope Amazon is able to get prices down, I don't think they care if brick and mortar stores go out of business, but that may get them in hot water with the publishers. It's ridiculous to see Kindle collections for half the price the collection goes for on Comixology. Of course, I'm not going to buy Kindle comics, so that may be part of the pricing difference, but that shouldn't matter any longer.

Amazon has made a habit of undercutting sales of other sites. Whenever Steam has a sale you can check Amazon and the same games will probably be cheaper. It tends to be nice when the games have steam keys. :v:

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Jeff Wiiver posted:

Comixology is absolutely maddening on the Kindle Fire. Every time I try to download a book it starts downloading fine, but when I go back to check on how far along it is, it says download complete. The book will not be in my library and if I go to its page on comixology it just says downloading with no percentage. Logging in and out, rebooting my kindle and reinstalling comixology all did nothing. gently caress this stupid app.

Edit: gets stuck at ~15% it seems. I'm going to just assume their servers are slammed since its wednesday and try tomorrow.

I've never had this issue with the app on my Fire HDX. Perhaps check your settings and see if the check mark for keeping the device awake while downloading is set?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

I'm going to pick up the rest of New52 Batwoman. Are the issues after Williams leaves worth purchasing at all?