Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Doctor Spaceman posted:

I think you're thinking of N52 Batwoman?

Cool. I get my Fembats confused, thanks for the clarification. ;)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Teenage Fansub posted:

I wouldn't be buying singles at all if it wasn't for digital. Them shits are expensive in New Zealand.
drat US Dollar :(

It's ~tolerable~ where I am in Australia, but if it goes up too much I'll have to seriously pair it back.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
What's cool is the books are 1 dollar each, or you can get all twelve plus 4 eternal warrior in a bundle for 11 dollars.

Goddamn you Valiant and your great digital strategy making me buy all the books.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

Before Watchmen: Minutemen was surprisingly good, because Cooke is amazing as a writer-artist, and because the story is mostly inconsequential, focusing on characters we didn't spend much or any time with in Moore's story.

I haven't read any of the others, including the Silk Spectre one by Cooke and Conner.

Yeah seconding Minutemen, that was very pleasant with nice art.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Yeah its the publisher and how switched on they are. So dc not so much.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Bizarre that love and rockets didn't make it into the Fantagraphics pride sale.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Imperium stars the villain from Harbinger, Harada.

Ninjak: Ninkal is an OG character, and thus pops up here and there in team books/crossovers and issues of X-O and such, but his series is a batmanish spy techno action thing and can be read independently of everything else. It's like, one of my favorite ongoing comics ever and has been since it started but requires no fitting in aside from the fact Ninjak is ever present in crossovers and team stuff like The Valiant/Book of Death.

Unity was the team book, and started because Harada (the bad guy from Harbinger) wanted to take on X-O manowar, they then went off and did their own thing so it sort of sprung out of XO. Disclosure, I never read anything other than the tie in issues of Unity, and apparently so did everyone else because it got cancelled for lack of sales afaik but I heard it was good.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Taken by itself the main House of M book is a fun bendis romp with amazing art. I think the hate it gets is related to its place in time and continuity but we are far enough removed we can just read it I think.

But it wasn't exactly secret wars, no.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
News just in from the guy with the L&R avatar, but Love and Rockets is good.

Although that story might not make much sense without like 20 years of context so :shrug:

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

bobkatt013 posted:

Is any Spawn worth it?

You mean, in general or in the sale specifically?

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
8 dollars for 10 mtme issues seems pretty alright.

And the other stuff i guess too.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Obviously, it goes without saying that people should read Watchmen, but I wanna give a shout out to Before Watchmen: Minutemen written and drawn by the late, great, Darwyn Cooke. :(

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I never actually read Minimum Carnage Omega despite owning every other Scarlet Spider issue :shrug:

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Sarchasm posted:

That $20 tier is pretty bonkers.

Wow thats some good stuff!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

hup posted:

Get on this. My favorite Hickman.

East of West is great and my favourite of his too. Can highly recommend people pick up the first 3 volumes as a taster.