Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

Space Fish posted:

I can see Sex Criminals (English edition) on Comixology's website, but only the French and German editions in the app.
Do I have to purchase and download through the website from now on? I thought this puritanical crap was settled back when Apple tried it.

I thought it was some sort of weird rights issue or something when I tried looking the series up on the app previously. Now that you mentioned the English version is available on the website, and on sale, I decided to pull the trigger.
I purchased on the website, and it appeared in my library in the app. Downloading to my tablet as I type this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

Can anyone recommend me something out of the Birds of Prey / Harley Quinn sale?

I haven't read much DC, apart from some Vertigo stuff. Anything here I should avoid?

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

sweet, if it doesn't overlap with the previous humble image bundle, that's a score. I don't have much at all in the way of image stuff apart from the fade out (which is excellent btw), and the last bundle.

eta: had a look, and I think Bad Weekend, and Bitch Planet might be overlap. Or they might just be overlap with what I had purchased prior. In any case, that's a buy for me!
'nother addition: Descender was going to be the next thing I borrowed from the library, just before covid shut it down. Great to see it included!

B33rChiller fucked around with this message at 07:05 on Dec 17, 2020

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

Rincewinds posted:

Humble Bundle having a Ed Brubaker bundle if one enjoys gritty film noir.

https://www.humblebundle.com/books/ed-brubaker-image-comics-books

I saw 3 unread posts in this thread, and thought probably not worth checking. Then I remembered sitting on new posts in the past, and missing bundles. Better check in case there's a new bundle. Score! Thanks. I read the fade out, and thought it was awesome. Perfect buy right here for me.

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

Cheap Trick posted:

I heard things were bad about the "new" Comixology website for people outside the US (I'm in Australia), so I wanted to see just how bad it was for myself.

Got redirected to Amazon as expected, things look a little off. Let's see what's in New Releases this week?

Stranger and stranger. Maybe just thumbnails aren't linked properly for the "featured releases"? So if I click on "See more"...

gently caress you, Amazon.
Same in Canada. They made it impossible to purchase anything, even if I could find it.
Great job.

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

Trucker Hat posted:

It's easy! Just
  • Log out of amazon.ca
  • Go on comixology.com while logged out so you can see what's out
  • Copy-paste any titles that interest you in a notepad file
  • Log back in amazon.ca
  • Search for every title individually
  • Wade through TPBs because that's what's more popular
  • Find the series you're looking for, except it's to pre-order a future issue because that's the "most recent issue"
  • Find the series link
  • Find the issue that just came out
  • Insta-buy with one click
  • Repeat for each new release

I'm all for being able to use the Amazon gift cards I get from work on comics, and finally having access to some Comixology Unlimited books included in Prime Reading, but holy poo poo this is annoying.

Fingers crossed Canada gets proper implementation of Comixology soon, but otherwise I think I'll be exploring what's on Prime Reading for the next little while... Like Initial D!

Easy Peasy, humble bundles it is then!

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

Red_Fred posted:

I'm not in the US but this did make me check my local library system which is good.

Not really BSS related, but on the topic of libraries, I learned fairly recently that they often have video games too. If, like me, you miss renting a Nintendo game for the weekend, check your library!

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

Opopanax posted:

I've been doing that more this year, great for those games that you can finish in a weekend

Hehehe, I had to renew trials of mana 3 times, return it, wait for it to returned again, then sign it out for one more time to finish. Would have been different if it was paid rentals.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

Our's is a big regional system for Vancouver Island & a handful of remote islands. Seems a good way to go, if there isn't the population density of a big city. Good luck convincing multiple governments to cooperate though.