Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

hup posted:

Sadly, I think the BOGO/60% deal is over. I’m pretty sure it ended last night. Which sucks because I totally slept on it.

Naw they put up the BOGO deal as soon as the 60% deal was over. It's some silly timing to immediately transition into a weaker deal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

9/11 did break his brain but unlike most people his brain eventually got better.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

site posted:

Did it tho

He did eventually admit that he said a lot of very stupid poo poo that he was wrong about, so that's way more than most broken brains!

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Has anyone here ever run into the "Problem displaying page" error in the comixology app? For whatever reason it started happening to all of my downloads. I've tried reinstalling the app, clearing the app cache, reformatting my tablet, etc, but I still get that problem and support hasn't found an answer yet so I'm desperately asking here just in case someone knows a workaround.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

I had it download a non-HD comic and that didn't work either, so I turned HD back on, downloaded again, and that worked.

I don't know why that fixed it (or maybe it was just a big coincidence??) but I'm glad it did.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Also the discount you get from some companies with Comixology Unlimited does stack with sales so that's a nice bonus to have. If you buy a fair amount of comics Unlimited can easily pay for itself.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

So assuming they don't step back from that bad decision (again), what would be a good Comixology alternative? At this point I'm content to use Marvel and DC's subscription services to read their stuff but for other US publishers as well as manga, is there any good option out there that has a lot of stuff in one place?

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Skwirl posted:

Shonen jump has a decent app that I don't use much because I'm too old to read a comic right from left, so that's a manga source.

Yea, I'm subscribed to it since it's an incredible deal. Though it only contains stuff that Viz publishes. Thinking more along the lines of a digital source that has stuff from as many publishers as possible so I can cut down on the amount of apps I gotta juggle to get my comics fix.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

It's very cool how when browsing the comics on sale everything appears to be in a random order instead of alphabetically, and you can't sort it alphabetically.

How are they so bad at this. That seems like a really basic function everyone would want.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

The app updated on my android tablet and it straight up won't load. Just gets stuck at the main screen and then my tablet freezes up. It's incredible how much of a disaster this is.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Chin Strap posted:

Clear cache?

I tried both that and restarting my tablet and no dice. Guess I'll completely reinstall the app to see if that fixes things though honestly that is gonna suck a lot since I have a ton of stuff downloaded and it'd take a lot of time to redownload everything.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

It turns out that reinstalling the app did fix my problem, though unfortunately I had over 30 GB of stuff downloaded and it's gonna be a hassle to redownload it all.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Anyone else been having issues with stuff not fully downloading even when it says it is downloaded? I've had a few stuff by different publishers only download about 2/3rds of the way through and the rest of the pages are blank. Deleting and redownloading fixes it, but it sucks to run into that problem when I'm most of the way through a volume!

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Bonny Jock Lemon posted:

I assume/hope that’s for new customers only because motherfucker my sub just renewed last month

New and returning customers, but as far as I can tell active subscribers can't get it.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Space Fish posted:

Took me til now to notice their sales/deals section, which is far less emphasized than before, is basically "here are all 2500+ titles on sale, good luck telling them apart, rear end in a top hat."

Also, have fun buying all of them one at a time instead of adding them to your cart!

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Upsidads posted:

DC adding ultra tier ends they service for me, this is just lovely

Yeah I think it just outright sucks to charge more and still have a delay. I'd be cool with paying that additional cost if I could read new comics as they came out, but if I gotta wait a month I'll just be content to stay 6 months behind. Not like I'm wanting for more comics since I already have too much to read.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

SlothBear posted:

I have a sinking feeling I can sense the answer but did a replacement for Comixology ever resurface? I really miss spending small amounts of money on huge amounts of digital comics with a convenient way to read them on a pc.

It sucks but I have learned to live with all the things that are bad about new Comixology because other services are too much of a hassle/don't have as many good deals/don't have as big a library/etc.

The new app feels less broken than when they first rolled it out, at least.