Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Box of Bunnies
Apr 3, 2012

by Pragmatica

If I've literally never read any Wonder Woman before but am interested in trying some, what stuff should I be looking at from this sale? I grabbed Earth One from the "best of 2016" one but haven't looked at it yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Box of Bunnies
Apr 3, 2012

by Pragmatica

Uthor posted:

Wonder Woman Earth One? Sorry, that isn't that good.

Oh, that's unfortunate ._. Grabbed it without really looking too deeply into whether it was meant to be good or not because what little I had read about it sounded interesting and despite being super ignorant about comics generally I knew Grant Morrison was a "name" writer. Oh well! Wasn't very much money and is just one eh book so whatever.

Thank you for the recommendation. I'll give the first couple of volumes of that run a look and pick up the rest if I'm into it.

Teenage Fansub posted:

George Perez's 1980's run is super classic. It was reintroducing her for DC's first reboot, so it's really nice and clean. I'd start there.

Oh cool, I'll grab Wonder Woman By George Perez Vol. 1 as well then.

And yeah, The True Amazon was something that caught my eye while I was looking through things earlier. That art is super pretty. I'll it into my cart too.

Between all of those I should have a pretty good sample of different eras and styles of Wonder Woman to get a taste of.

Thank you!

Box of Bunnies
Apr 3, 2012

by Pragmatica

Teenage Fansub posted:

https://www.comixology.com/Squirrel-Girl-Collections-Sale/page/14642
Includes New Avengers (post-Secret Wars) and Howard the Duck.

I grabbed volume one of Unbeatable Squirrel Girl in the women's history month sale but hadn't actually read it yet. This sale prompted me to download it and give it a look to see if I wanted to grab the rest and oh my goodness this book is so good. Definitely grabbing the other few volumes and the ogn.

Box of Bunnies
Apr 3, 2012

by Pragmatica

Uthor posted:

60% off TMNT sale
https://www.comixology.com/TMNT-Flash-Sale/page/14838

There seems to be a bug with the newest volume (#15) and it's only $2. It's the only one I was missing, so, sweet!

Nice, I've been interested in getting into the IDW Turtles since playing the upsettingly mediocre Mutants in Manhattan late last year but was waiting for a sale or humble bundle.

Box of Bunnies
Apr 3, 2012

by Pragmatica

Uthor posted:

It's a good series! But there's so many TMNT titles out there that it's hard to keep track of. I'd tell you to pick up the 15 IDW collections of the main series, the Heroes and Villains microseries, and then any of the other mini series that pique your interest.

There's also the OG B&W collections, the recolorings of the OG series, and various series based on the cartoons. It's all a mess. The first B&W volume is a good get if you wanna see what started it all, however.

Cool, thanks. Decided to just go all in on the side books alongside the 15 main volumes.

I already have the massive hardcover books they put out of the original Eastman and Laird stories a while back so I'm pretty good on that front, though I am kinda interested in picking up Soul's Winter and maybe looking into the few books collecting Mirage's volume two and maybe some of their other side stuff.

Box of Bunnies fucked around with this message at 23:55 on Apr 28, 2017

Box of Bunnies
Apr 3, 2012

by Pragmatica

Zachack posted:

I sent an email yesterday and they said it can take 72 hours to merge (I half assume it has to do with the weekend). Hasn't merged yet but I'll wait until Tuesday or so before asking again (which support said to do).

72 hours sounds about right. The few things I bought before merging my accounts Friday arvo have finally popped up on Comixology just now.

Box of Bunnies
Apr 3, 2012

by Pragmatica

Uthor posted:

BOOM! Bundle. Early volumes of Lumberjanes, Giant Days, and Bee and Puppycat.

https://www.humblebundle.com/books/best-of-boom-book-bundle

That's a pretty neat looking bundle. It's a shame the Adventure Time and Steven Universe volumes are geoblocked and unavailable to me because I already have a lot of the rest of it from previous Boom bundles so those being locked out on top of that make it less appealing.

Also looks like this bundle would be the ideal way to read Irredeemable because it looks like the included volumes would run out before it goes completely off the rails?

Box of Bunnies
Apr 3, 2012

by Pragmatica

Rad, good excuse to grab a couple more Turtles books and the rest of what's out of Transformers UK.

Crashbee posted:

Groupees has a build-your-own Garth Ennis bundle: https://groupees.com/ennis

I realise it probably has more to do with what files the publisher gives them than anything inherent with the site itself but I've kind of been put off comic bundles from Groupees after the Archie/Mega Man/Sonic one there was largely unreadably low-res (not that there's anything in this one I'd want anyway)

Box of Bunnies
Apr 3, 2012

by Pragmatica
I got the second volume of Golden Age Superman, the Jose Luis Garcia-Lopez and Gil Kane Superman books, and the DC Universe by Alan Moore and Neil Gaiman collections.

I'd initially thought about getting the four books of the death and return of Superman I guess out of some kind of historical curiosity (and because a random issue from around that time was one of maybe three comics my brother and I had as kids) but decided that what I wound up going with was better in terms of having a wider variety of stuff instead of one big storyline since I'm super casual in my comics reading.

Box of Bunnies
Apr 3, 2012

by Pragmatica

Galvanik posted:

Netflix's Punisher got me interested in reading the Punisher Max series, but my library only has volume 1. If I get a subscription to Marvel Unlimited can I read the rest? And can I cancel once I'm done or would I be locked in to a yearly subscription?

Teenage Fansub posted:

MU doesn't have Max and you don't get your money back for quitting early or anything.
You can sub for a month, though.

Not exactly as cheap but Marvel MAX books are now on sale at Comixology. Punisher books are :10bux: for the first two and 6.99 for the rest. Or weird alternating prices between 8.23 and 13.41 on Amazon if you have your accounts linked and feel like getting the cheaper ones there.

Box of Bunnies
Apr 3, 2012

by Pragmatica
Yeah, the Darth Vader book is the best of the new stuff that I've read. The main Star Wars book can be fun but is less interesting overall. People don't seem to like the Leia mini as much as the others but I liked the more stylised art and thought it was really cool to see Leia being proactive and actiony of her own accord.

The Journey to The Last Jedi bundle seems pretty good. Shattered Empire, the three volumes of Poe Dameron that are currently out, the Captain Phasma mini, and the adaptations of Rogue One and IV-VII for :10bux: seems cheap.

This Legends one on the other hand is kind of weird in how it's repeating content. The Thrawn Trilogy, but then Heir to the Empire by itself. The Infinities Epic Collection book which includes The Star Wars, then The Star Wars by itself. The Old Republic Epic Collection and KotOR Omnibus which seem to collect the same material. There's still a loooot of pages there for the money even ignoring those double ups, it's just kinda funny to see it padded out or whatever like that??

Box of Bunnies
Apr 3, 2012

by Pragmatica
My buys:

Wonder Woman: The Golden Age vol. 1
Batman: The Golden Age vol. 1
Superman: The Golden Age vol. 3

Batman/TMNT vol. 1
Batman/Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Adventures vol. 1
Justice League/Power Rangers

Superman: American Alien
DC Universe by John Byrne

New 52 Action Comics vol. 1-3, 5-7

Spider-Man/Deadpool Vol. 2: Side Pieces

As a majorly casual fan who really enjoys the idea of Superman as a force for social justice who beats up domestic abusers and munitions dealers and then dismantles the KKK, what I've read about those parts of the New 52 series sound really interesting to me. I'd considered getting caught up on the Rebirth Superman book instead but "haha, wow, we really hosed up in making that kind of Superman you found interesting, huh? Well don't worry, he's dead now, and it turns out the other guy actually survived our last few reboots after all!" had me kinda like :shrug:

Box of Bunnies
Apr 3, 2012

by Pragmatica

beergod posted:

Curious why don’t you all just use marvel unlimited instead of buying trades?

I'm terrible with subscription services. I'll leave them sit, occasionally think "oh, I should watch/read/listen to" something but never actually do it and then before I've gotten any value from it the time has expired. So it's better to just throw a few bucks at a volume of Star Wars or Squirrel Girl or whatever on sale here or there and just always have it there for when I do actually get the motivation to use it even if I end up spending a little more than subbing to MU. Totally a me problem.

Box of Bunnies
Apr 3, 2012

by Pragmatica
For reference, the complete ten year run of Dragon Ball is 519 chapters, Naruto and Bleach in their entirety are around 700 chapters each, and One Piece is up to chapter 926.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Box of Bunnies
Apr 3, 2012

by Pragmatica

Rincewinds posted:

Humble Bundle have a couple of dozens of 2000AD books in one of their bundles, mostly Judge Dredd related stuff.

https://www.humblebundle.com/books/judge-dredd-perps-punks-partners-2000ad-books

leaving it kinda late to mention since this only has 17 hours left, but for anyone that has bought the previous Dredd/2000AD bundles 31 of the books featured in the first two tiers are new inclusions that haven't been in either of the previous bundles

only saying this now because when i looked when it first went up it was like "this all is a lot of stuff i've already bought" but i bothered to double check today before it ends and yeah