Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Auralsaurus Flex
Aug 3, 2012
Comixology's offering $5 off the following five collections until the end of the month when you use the code MARVEL5OFF:

I think I've heard good things about Days of Future past, but are any of the others worthwhile?

On a related note, it's saying that I'm ineligible for the offer. Is that something that just happens sometimes and should get resolved on it's own or should I contact them?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Auralsaurus Flex
Aug 3, 2012
I've got the same issue and checked all over their social media stuff, but couldn't find anything, so :iiam:

I did ask them about it using the "Contact Us" form, so if I hear anything back from that, I'll let everyone know here in the thread.

Auralsaurus Flex
Aug 3, 2012
John Rogers, the executive producer of Leverage, wrote Fell's Five—the most recent ongoing, clocking in at 16 issues—which is pretty much the definitive traditional fantasy comic and is highly recommended. It manages to capture the essence (and banter) of an actual game of D&D instead of just using its trappings or one of its settings. Many consider it a shame that its run was cut short, especially given the quality of the D&D comics that came in its wake. If you wish Rat Queens was better, you'll likely enjoy it. And if you instead love Rat Queens and its goofiness the way it is, you'll get some similar experiences here, albeit more grounded. Issue #1 opens in media res with the group in a burning orphanage orphanarium fending off orphan zombies, so if that doesn't hook you, I'm not sure what will.

Other than that, the Dark Sun miniseries is a good tour of one of D&D less traditional—and more interesting—settings, but doesn't provide much substance beyond that. The Eberron Annual is decent, from what I remember of it, and takes place in another one of the cooler settings. The Drizzt miniseries is probably skippable unless you are a huge Drizzt fan. The Forgotten Realms miniseries is written by Ed Greenwood, so if you're a fan of his work or the Forgotten Realms in general, you might want to pick it up. The first issue didn't catch my interest and was dialogue-heavy to the point of it being a detriment, so I took a pass on the rest of it. Cutter looked similar to Drizzt & FR—which I didn't particularly enjoy—from the preview of the first issue I saw on the Wizards of the Coast website back before it started, so I skipped it.

I can't speak for either of the 100-page spectaculars (which appear to be anthologies) or any of the Classics.

Auralsaurus Flex
Aug 3, 2012
No problems here. I just redeemed 20 issues last night, but the most recent was from sometime in July.

Are all your codes more recent than that or is there any other similarity among them?

If you want, I can try entering some more stuff I still need to redeem.

Auralsaurus Flex
Aug 3, 2012
It looks like there's a bunch of stuff that  isn't  wasn't being advertised due to the Bats v. Supes frontpage takeover.

Plutona #1-3
Descender #1-9, Vol. 1
Emitown Vol. 1 & 2

Vampirella (2014) #1-13, #100, Vol. 1 & 2
Vampirella (2011) #1-38, Vol. 1-4

30 Days of Night
Dark Days
Return to Barrow
Beyond Barrow
Red Snow
Annual 2005
2011 Ongoing Vol. 1-3

Punisher War Journal
Punisher War Journal (1988) #1-8
Punisher War Journal (2006) #1-26, Annual #1
Punisher: War Zone (2008) #1-6

Titan Comics Dreamworks Sale
Dragons: Riders of Berk Vol. 1-6
Kung Fu Panda #1-4
Home #1-4
Penguins of Madagascar #1-4
Dreamworks Classics Vol. 1: Shrek & Madagascar

Auralsaurus Flex fucked around with this message at 16:40 on Mar 27, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Auralsaurus Flex
Aug 3, 2012

hup posted:

They fixed DCBOGO, it's whatever's featured now.

Seems to be working on non-featured singles for me. Are you sure whatever you were trying to use it for met the cutoff date and other fine print requirements?