Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cartoons123
Nov 7, 2013

Just to put it in context since I checked, by a bunch that means near every scooby doo comic available digitally (the one exception being Scooby Apocalypse)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cartoons123
Nov 7, 2013
Doesn't help that they don't provide a Publishers section like the old site, which was the main reason I found anything in the first place.

cartoons123
Nov 7, 2013

Uthor posted:

Just got this email from comiXology.

What's the updated store policy they are talking about?

https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2022/04/google-play-crackdown-makes-amazon-barnes-noble-pull-digital-purchases/?amp=1

Basically drilling it down, Google is going an Apple route of requiring companies to charge for any purchases through their service exclusively , Amazon doesn’t wanna do that so they’re pulling out

cartoons123
Nov 7, 2013

I guess best case scenario at this point, since the app’s been dead for years now, is hope to find a cracked version that doesn’t do the license check

cartoons123
Nov 7, 2013

UwUnabomber posted:

I was gonna suggest getting a nonresident Detroit library card but Jumping Jesus on a Pogo Stick it's $100/year.

Yeah, most paid library cards are fairly expensive and (usually) place limits on what you can borrow. Like my library doesn’t have comics or hoopla (or video games or… much honestly) but I can buy a card for another town, but I can’t borrow e-books with it, and it doesn’t get me much beyond the books they physically have.