Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Wytches Vol 1 was good.

I picked up Descender and Injection vol. 1 on this sale.

Descender had some gorgeous art and was pretty drat good. Did a good job at hooking me up on the series. Plus I'm a sucker for robot stories. I haven't read Injection yet but my brother said its good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Yeah the app's current IS after a QOL update.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Teenage Fansub posted:

I got all the first issues cause there's a bundle. I'll let ya know when I get to any of them!

https://www.comixology.com/IDW-Deep-Dive-Sale/page/9589?ref=c2l0ZS9pbmRleC9kZXNrdG9wL3NtYWxsQ2Fyb3VzZWw

No Transformers vs GI Joe :mad:

God drat it, that TMNT bundle looks awesome but I already bought the first 28 singles on their last big sale a while ago and I can see myself hating having the series split between singles and volumes.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Bought Wic+Div vol 3 to catch up and what the gently caress happened.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

OhFunny posted:

https://www.comixology.com/redeem?code=DCRebirthGotham

Comixology is giving away 2.5K copies of DC: Rebirth #1. Click the link to get it automatically added to your library.

Well that's awfully nice. Time so see what the shitstorm is all about.

EDIT: oh my gently caress DC what are you doing :stare:

Happy Noodle Boy fucked around with this message at 14:04 on May 26, 2016

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

One punch man is really good if you haven't bought it.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I have the first 28 singles from their sale last year and I want to keep up with it but the idea of having the series split between singles and volumes gives me stress.

It's a good swries. Or it was until City Fall, that's where I stopped.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

vegetables posted:

What are the things that could potentially make someone dislike it?

Big dragon dicks. I love saga because the last volume or two have been a bit of a drag. Like it's become aware it's good and now it's just smug crap.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I'm looking at Black Magic vol 1 and Descender vol 2. I enjoyed descender's first volume and black magick seems to have some really good art so I guess my question is are these books good?

Not sure what else to grab. I can maybe finish off whatever I'm missing from Rat Queens but I hear that book's steadily gone downhill.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

26 volumes for the whole of DBZ actually sounds pretty fun.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Oh poo poo was Luther Strode that series with super badass dude fighting other super badass people and it was generally a very badass book? I remember catching a panel or two on the badass thread and was hooked but never went looking for it. I see it's on sale now, though.

EDIT: Looked it up, yes it is. Buying all 3 volumes

fatherboxx posted:

crying robots are the least badass things unless they are japanese and have long scarves

Legacy of Luther Strode #1

Happy Noodle Boy fucked around with this message at 17:24 on Nov 21, 2016

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Ultimates has some gorgeous art and Vision is a must have.

Also, holy poo poo Saga is spinning its wheels and going nowhere. Volume 6 wasn't great. Luther Strode on the other hand has been loving amazing.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Infinity Gauntlet is also really good.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

There is way too much poo poo on sale holy whit i want to spend so much money.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Didn't even know volume 6 was out. And I'm caught up, thanks!

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Is all of mouse guard good or are there any particular collections to go for?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

TMNT is a great series that I completely forget about until it goes on sale and I buy like 8 volumes or however many I'm missing then I thoroughly enjoy them and proceed to go wait for the next sale a year from one. I never bothered with any of the micro series or single character stories, though.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Saga Vol 7 isn't part of the sale but it's the the what they used for the banner :argh:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

All of Uber and Uber:Invasion is on sale and I just noticed it now. No collections, just the single issues. Still a good grab if you want an awesome but brutal story. It takes a LONG time but it's not just "the germans are unstoppable monsters that horribly kill everyone".

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Anime_Otaku posted:

ComiXology has a bunch of Marvel collections at 69p/99c, it only says limited time, so might be a 1 day sale.

Vision for $1 is insane. Also the collections are all over the loving place so it’s nice to grab a ton of poo poo but there’s a lot of stuff that’s in no particular order or well into a run so they’re really sticking to the “recent” collections. Still, you really can’t beat $1 collections. I’m snagging a ton of poo poo.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Teenage Fansub posted:

Marvel 99c collections.
https://www.comixology.com/Recent-Marvel-Collections-Sale/page/18094
Seems like a bundle of all the recent sales, so that might be the end of 'em.

If nothing else, everyone NEEDS to grab the complete Vision run for 99 cents. It’s so loving good and it has SO MUCH extra content! Seeings all the covers and letters and variants and poo poo was awesome. It has the script and layout process for everything and it’s so loving a joy to go through.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

If this is marvel’s tactic to get me to buy and read a ton of comics I would otherwise have no interest in then it’s working because I’m just buying a ton of these trades.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Uber and Uber invasions are really good stories. Absolutely brutal throughout the whole thing but the narration plus how the story has escalated and changed as it’s benign told has really clicked with me.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Image has a buy one get one sale with the code Image. Picked up the latest East of West volume alongside Lake of Fire, which I’ve been wanting for a long time. Also there’s a delcourt sale which has some fun stuff in it but I really need to read up on some of these books because the art in some is outstanding.

Just another Friday dropping over 50 bucks in comics.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

gently caress I keep buying poo poo.

Viz = One-Punch man which i really can’t recommend enough. The art on it is insane and it’s simultaneously such a fun and badass book.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Are the Battle Angel Alita books good? I see there’s 9 volumes on sale (is that all?) and then a 2nd series/sequel. Just saw the movie a couple of days ago, digged it, and wondering where I should jump in on reading more about Alita.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I strongly recommend Descender if you haven't used your code yet.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Waiting for the last trade of EoW is killing me.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

IUG posted:

Alright, I'm finally making the jump to digital for real, now that I've listed my trade collection on Craigslist.

I'm looking at Comixology's sales, and is 50% basically as high as they'll go for sale prices? I'm just wondering if I should bother buying up the rest of the trades for stuff I'm in the middle of reading (almost entirely Image comics, and just Injustice for DC). I was also going to buy up entire runs of stuff I'm selling off, but most of it is Image, and I figured that I should wait until I want to read them again just in case Humble Bundle ever does another good bundle.

Yeah 50% is the go to. Every now and then you get stacking discounts like 50% off and buy 1 get 1. These are rare but they happen (marvel had one not too long ago). Image does big sales on their entire line 2-3 times a year, wait for one.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

This talk made me go look and oh hey Image does have a sale going on. Grabbed the last volume of Wicked+Divine I was missing and the first volume of Ascender.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

This appears to have killed the site

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I think I grabbed everything. 255 issues total.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

This is the dumbest loving thing. I’m guessing sales are loving dead rip

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Junkie Disease posted:

You just changed my life with Hoopla
Oh my god

public libraries own. If yours doesn’t support hoopla chances are they have their own digital catalog. I’ve been using it for years to read books.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Opopanax posted:

I guess I'm an old crank because I have no idea who or what substack is?

It’s yet another venture capital siphoning tool in an attempt to disrupt industry.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Hold up the comixology app is getting the axe too?

EDIT: gently caress it's getting updated to all this poo poo it looks like? :rip:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Well the update is out. The reader is… mostly the same? Feels like they changed poo poo around for the sake of changing it but I can still read it as I generally do (landscape / 2 pages). New storefront in the app looks like a mess but so I’ll keep buying poo poo on the actual website.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

God drat the amazon store sucks for comics. gently caress. Can no longer browse sales while seeing what I own (and what I don't). Now it's only the cost generally showing 0 because it's either kindle or comixology unlimited (oh wait the cost is in tiny font at the bottom lol). gently caress this sucks rear end.

EDIT: Ok if I go to the series page itself (sex criminals as example) then it does show all items and tells if you own them. BUT: volumes and singles (and omnis) are kept separatedly so you can't just browse ALL that a series has. It's all broken down.

God drat I hate this the more I dig into it.

Happy Noodle Boy fucked around with this message at 03:09 on Feb 18, 2022

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

https://twitter.com/mckelvie/status/1494362801086869506?s=21

https://twitter.com/pattonoswalt/status/1494500425109704709?s=10

I’m glad everyone is mostly mad at this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

The comic deals page actually looks pretty close to the old format. Except for the whole Amazon is incapable of sorting by titles / series so within the sale itself everything is a mess.

Like right now I see Womens’s History Month followed by an Avengers sale then Image Omnibus Sale then anime, etc etc which is exactly how the main sales/deals page on Amazon was.

It’s still an overall loving mess and I think I’ve bought exactly one thing so far since the switchover.

Oh yeah buying multiple comics still looks like a nightmare.

Happy Noodle Boy fucked around with this message at 13:58 on Mar 15, 2022