Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Agent Escalus
Oct 5, 2002

"I couldn't stop saying aloud how miscast Jim Carrey was!"
Write 'em a suggestion via the feedback option. I've done that 3 times, and each leads to a personalised reply in my email box! So they do read them, at least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agent Escalus
Oct 5, 2002

I hope the ability to use Apple gift cards to buy things is retained. Ever since their dick-waving over royalties a few years ago, you have to use a credit card to buy anything on Amazon and mine have been unusable for about a year. More so, retailers often put the Apple cards on sale, like $85 for a $100 card.

Agent Escalus
Oct 5, 2002

Dear fellow thread readers,

Guess why I have a couple hundred bucks on hand in my iOS account most of the time, like the $300 in there right now?

The worst part of this is, Target stores here in Canada give 5% off anything bought with their free debit card, including Apple cards. So, $100 card for that much of digital goods actually costs $95. It adds up.

Or, added up. :(

fozzy fosbourne posted:

I never imagined having too many comics and not enough time but it has totally happened.

Congratulations, you've earned a new Comics Fan merit badge!

Agent Escalus fucked around with this message at 07:17 on Apr 27, 2014

Agent Escalus
Oct 5, 2002

Well, at least they made their website a LOT better for tablet browsing than before, right in time for this. I started only looking at the new releases via the website late last year when I finally realized that the iOS app didn't actually list all of the additions due to Apple's censorship policies. (Granted most of the time that was only applicable to vomitorium stuff like Crossed but even so...)

Agent Escalus
Oct 5, 2002

Besides Viz, try the Yen Press app. They've added some pretty good licenses in the last year. I haven't opened the DMP app in ages but I never deleted it either.

Agent Escalus
Oct 5, 2002

Senor Candle posted:

Dude the entire point of FCBD is to get people into stores.

And the major point of Comixology was to throw a bone to those who don't live anywhere near a retailer, so....catch-22?

Agent Escalus
Oct 5, 2002

BigRed0427 posted:

Also, when I buy the trade versions of books on comixology, for example The Dark Phoenix Saga, Does it give me it as each separate issue that makes up the book or do I get one book?

Single books in that case; bundles are individual issues. Besides price, also consider HD space.

Agent Escalus
Oct 5, 2002

They seem to have setup a mailing list just for this sale.

Agent Escalus
Oct 5, 2002

Big fat sale on Udon's many Street Fighter titles, too. Including the collected eds.

I've never actually read any of them. Thoughts?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agent Escalus
Oct 5, 2002

I've always found the dedicated Viz app to be just fine on an iPad so no idea if I'll ever stop using it in favor of comiXology. Besides, it (and Yen Press) still takes iTunes cards for payment and I still have $330 in my account.