Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

vtlock
Feb 7, 2003

Syrinxx posted:

The problem with this article, and it's a common one around the internet, is the assumption that Apple will stay on top of the heap in tablet marketshare. Well they aren't any more, not even close. He doesn't mention that the integrated store and impulse buying options are alive and well on Android, which speaks more to the lovely walled garden Apple has created than some evil plans by Amazon to sell more Kindles.

Not to turn this into an argument about the tablet business, but there are countless sources which show that iOS generates far more revenue than any of the other mobile platforms, regardless of raw marketshare. This is perhaps the ballsiest part of Amazon's move to remove the iOS store component. Comixology was a top grossing app every Wednesday, which means Amazon could now be leaving a fair amount of that money on the table. It is also much more difficult for a casual fan to stumble into new titles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vtlock
Feb 7, 2003

I'm a newish subscriber to Unlimited, and (for me) it's 100% worth the price. I'm using a retina iPad, and the comics are entirely readable without pinching & zooming. I wish the organization system was a bit better, but that's my only complaint. Otherwise I 100% recommend it if you're interested in Marvel's recent back catalog.

vtlock
Feb 7, 2003

Is there a way to keep track of Comixology sales without visiting the website each day? (I'm thinking of something wish list & notification based, like appshopper.com).

vtlock
Feb 7, 2003

xK1 posted:

I emailed them back in July and still haven't received an answer :(

Tweet @marvelsupport. They're very responsive, and they will follow up on the unanswered emails. I emailed marvel three times about a billing issue. The twitter people resolved it (and credited me some money!) in a day.

vtlock
Feb 7, 2003

zoux posted:

I can think of several improvements to Marvel U but my chief one is the ability to share user made reading lists. Well actually my chief one is being able to have a pull list function but that's up there!

I've been using http://leagueofcomicgeeks.com for keeping track of Marvel U titles. Just filter to Marvel titles and roll back the date six months. It also has a handy pull list feature.