Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

Uthor posted:

I think you need to use the code DH50

Yep. And unfortunately, it doesn't stack with the 15% off for Unlimited members. Guess Dark Horse has a deal a'la DC Comics not allowing you to use both.

This DID get me to the deals page, where I found that there were loads of deals on Image, DC and Marvel stuff, so I picked up some trades I've been meaning to get (Saga, Paper Girls, the Ed Piskor X-Men stuff, etc.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

Sarchasm posted:

Worth mentioning that this also works on art books. I just got Super Mario Encyclopedia and Zelda: Art and Artifacts for about $10 combined.

How are those books on ComiXology?

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Are there any decent workarounds for Marvel Unlimited not having an app for Fire devices? Am I stuck just reading them in the browser?

I don't own a Kindle Fire, but apparently you can side-load the Google Play store?

https://www.howtogeek.com/232726/how-to-install-the-google-play-store-on-your-amazon-fire-tablet/

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

Picked up all the Hellboy Omnibuses. Excited.

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

Endless Mike posted:

Anyone using Comixology, sign up for Ebates and you get 4% back from every purchase with a $10 sign-up bonus.

drat, that will stack nicely with the Unlimited account.

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

Hubbardologist posted:

Got a code from comixology for 65% off image, linewide. Already planning to catch up on East of West and Saga, and the second volume of Multiple Warheads.

Anything else I should snag?

Is it a per user code? I didn’t see anything on it...

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

Rincewinds posted:

Yea, after I read about the code here, I checked my email and found that my promotion folder had an email from Comoxilogy with that offer.

Nothing here yet. Ah well.

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

Comixology is making all Marvel books 50% off for Comixology Unlimited members through June 7th. Stacks with existing sales.

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

Superior Foes of Spider-Man. One of my favorite Marvel series of the last decade. The ultimate in "entertaining villain stuff."

Was going to point out the same.

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

Yep. That book rules.

Also, I remember the Kesel/Dodson run being good?

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

Decided to pick up Ascender / Descender. Excited!

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

Wasn't the Marvel digital store just a branded Comixology store anyway?

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

Marvel Unlimited isn’t the Marvel Digital Shop.

Marvel Unlimited remains open.

The Marvel digital shop was a store to buy individual issues and trade digitally as they came out, a’la ComiXology.

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

Big Daredevil sale on ComiXology through Thursday.

https://www.comixology.com/comics-sale?list_id=34261&lang=1

I finally got copies of the entire Waid/Samnee run.

If you haven't checked it out, I highly recommend that and/or the two volumes of the current Zdarsky run which are on there.

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

Anything worth nabbing from the X-Men Red/Gold/Blue sale?

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

Yeah, earlier this week, you could read Taskmaster #1 in full. (It's good!)

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

Will DC Universe stick around after all the corporate reorganization? If anyone has a subscription, could you tell me if the 1980s Vigilante series is available on it -- #1-50 and Annuals 1 and 2? I'm thinking about hunting down the back issues, but not if I can read it all online.

Hey Lou!

They’re supposed to be relaunching it in January as a comics only service, with books hitting 6 months after publication, versus the current 1 year.

Anyway, yep, all 50 issues (and both annuals) are on there!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

I guess this is how we're going to make the Substack "comics" more readable.

https://on.substack.com/p/comics-on-panels