Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Space_Butler
Dec 5, 2003
Fun Shoe
gently caress Comixology for not considering people with bandwidth caps might not want to redownload their entire existing library because Amazon wants to make more money. This has definitely made me want to buy more of my pulls in print. At least my shop owner won't suddenly show up to my house and tell me I have to move to a new house and living room to read any new comics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space_Butler
Dec 5, 2003
Fun Shoe

Hakkesshu posted:

It specifically says you won't have to redownload anything.

It doesn't seem like anything major has changed other than not being able to purchase through the app. Which, why would you do that anyway, you can't buy more than one issue at a time?

Edit: Oh, I misunderstood, they aren't updating the old app, it's an entirely new app. Well, that seems pointless, especially since you can continue downloading to the old one.
On the old app, the message says

"You'll still be able to read and download your books in this app, for now"

That "for now" pretty much says, to me, at some point we'll be forced over to the new one no matter what for downloading new purchases. So unless I want to only keep reading whatever is on the old app at the time support is turned off, I'll have to slowly split/migrate my collection over. Given how much notice we were given for THIS change, it's probably going to be just as abrupt.

Space_Butler
Dec 5, 2003
Fun Shoe
Is there any way in this new, terrible app to get rid of the tiny "active" comic at the bottom of the screen on iOS? I'm done with reading and it seems like it's stuck there forever until I choose something else.