Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

beergod
Nov 1, 2004
NOBODY WANTS TO SEE PICTURES OF YOUR UGLY FUCKING KIDS YOU DIPSHIT
am i doing something wrong? im reading on a surface pro 3 (windows 8.1 comixology app) and it looks great when it isnt zoomed in. but when i do the panel mode it gets really blurry and pixelated, something that doesnt happen with high quality scans you can download in the netherworld of the internet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beergod
Nov 1, 2004
Why are the filez comics of such better quality than the legit ones? I keep buying stuff from comixology but it looks like blurry poo poo on my surface pro 3.

beergod
Nov 1, 2004

Dsmif posted:

That's because Comixology's app on Windows is a half-baked piece of poo poo. On iPad and android the comics are Hi-res.

I'm hoping that because Windows 10 seems to be more popular that they might update the app to match the quality of the others.

Viewing them on the web browser doesn't give you hi res access either I take it.

beergod
Nov 1, 2004

Dsmif posted:

Nope, but with a little work you can get the Android APK to run under chrome using ARC Welder and the comics are in HD. It's not perfect, but it's still better than the lovely native Windows App.

Holy poo poo good looking out man. Would love to get it in a pure full screen mode but it isn't blurry trash anymore. Do you have to redownload your books every time you open it?

beergod
Nov 1, 2004
Does anyone use the Metro app Cover? It owns, but I can't get it to generate thumbnails.

beergod
Nov 1, 2004

Dsmif posted:

Comixology is pulling their lovely Windows app from the store at the end of the year. If you have used it in the past you get a $5 credit.

Are they replacing it with a working one? Or allowing you to view HD comics in the web browser? I feel like they straight up stole money from me.

beergod
Nov 1, 2004
If they just had HD comics in the web browser I wouldn't give a poo poo about the app.

beergod
Nov 1, 2004

Endless Mike posted:

Honestly, even with the hassles with Comixology, it's still vastly easier than piracy.

Agreed. If they just fixed the Windows bullshit I would spend a bunch of money there.

beergod
Nov 1, 2004
I do that too. Do you use Ubooquity? It is really amazing.

beergod
Nov 1, 2004
Do we know if Marvel Unlimited is going to be upgraded to HD ever or is it going to have SD stuff forever? Id gladly pay more per month for HD.

beergod
Nov 1, 2004
Curious why don’t you all just use marvel unlimited instead of buying trades?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beergod
Nov 1, 2004
Fair enough. The EC sale right now is good. I may have just purchased all of them and having slight buyers remorse.