Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

"Waterhaul posted:

Wolverine and the X-Men a shot. And #17 should be compulsory for everybody that posts in BSS.

Absolutely. It's brilliant.

Next sale is American Vampire. A 7 day sale.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
I buy a lot of digital codes off of the Bleeding Cool forums but if there was a goon organized effort I'd much rather join that.

EDIT: Avengers Arena (and Academy) a Marvel Monday Miracle!

hadji murad fucked around with this message at 06:10 on Mar 10, 2014

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
I just got Walking Dead Volume 20 for $1.84 on Kindle.

I also got volume 19 for 3 bucks when it came out. Seems like they deep discount them when the print drops.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
Big Animal Man sale. Grant Morrison and the new 52 one plus extras.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
If I buy Sex Criminals on the web, can I download them from the Comixology app?

I still have #1 and seen that they've restarted with only #5 on the app.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
I had most but bought the rest. What came before? It's followed by 600+ until Brubaker leaves, correct?

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
Forgot to thank you for the info Waterhaul. Cheers.

Oh, and Hate #1 is free now. I loved that book when I was in Uni definitely gonna check it out again!

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
Invisibles sale at Comixology. First issue is free. What's good in it? Whole run? Volume 3 seems to be 1.99 :/

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
What's Batgirl Year One like?

Part of the big DC sale now.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
Japan's hasn't changed but it has gone up and down before depending on exchange rates. It's 100¥ now, highest was 115¥ and lowest 85¥.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
No marked read option either? I have 90 gigs downloaded. Ugh.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
I've bought codes and used that credit (I'm Hitler) and it all worked under the old app so that's fine.

I'd like to punish them somewhat (until I get tired of it in 3 days) so what are other options for purchasing via Image or IDW?

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
I think GC's comments on new users having to go from the app to website is a good one.

I have 90 gigs. What the gently caress do I do to manage things? Change over and have everything marked as new? Theres no way to mark as read without clicking on each one and waiting a few seconds.

It's a mess and it's my comic collection, one of the most anal things that's ever existed. I'm frustrated.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

CharlestheHammer posted:

You can just leave the current app how it is.

They can't force you to delete out of date apps.

Yes I have two apps now. One which won't be updated that shows what I've read and what I haven't.

Also, curious how time zones will work. We usually get a 1pm update on Monday, Tuesday and Friday with sales because of the app. Maybe it's all in Eastern time now?

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
Comixology's site hasn't been updated yet but the Marvel App has. I guess I'll be using that to buy Wednesday comics in the future. The Image app hasn't been updated either as of 11pm JST.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

Sarchasm posted:

So long as someone else has brought up the manga question, is there any decent place to get manga in the original Japanese? The digital bookstores I've used in Japan want me to use their proprietary reader, which is invariably the slowest and clunkiest piece of software you can imagine. And iTunes doesn't want to take my credit card, so gently caress those guys.

iBooks has a ton in the Japanese store.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
Try Play-Asia for cards.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
I'm in Japan and I used the credit at comixology.com

Still have a buck left.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
The stuff with Flash and his dad is as good as the Minimum Carnage is maximum garbage.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

Waterhaul posted:

Still not available outside the US :negative:

(Everybody that can buy it)

VPN worked with the app. I bought them abroad. Now, don't know...

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

Hakkesshu posted:

I'm in Denmark and I can't buy it, but I really want to :smith:

The biggest crime in comics is not putting out every one of Stokoe's books in the most lavish hardcovers imaginable. gently caress if I'm going to sully his art by viewing it in a lovely mass market paperback.

On the iPad you could try running a VPN and using the IDW app maybe?

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
Saga vol 1 is on sale for 1.99 on Comixology. Bought the first three at a previous sale and coincidentally started reading it today.

It's really, really brilliant. Buy it.

edit: blasting through vol 2 now, best read in ages (well Thor: the Accursed was something special too)

hadji murad fucked around with this message at 13:10 on May 17, 2014

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
Every Image title gets a sale so we can always wait. Thought so with DC but Starman hasn't been on sale for two years.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

Cerepol posted:

http://www.wired.com/2014/04/amazon-buys-comixology/

Basically Amazon bought comixology so if they didn't have guided view before they sure do now.
Wonder how the price differences will work now though.

I got Walking Dead vol 20 for less than 2 dollars at release.

Not as good as the Comixology one but I'll read that when it's on sale.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
Warren Ellis' Trees is free on Comixology or through the apparently new Image app.

Any info on the latter? Still has IAP at least.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
What's better for backups, PDF or CBZ? I can display both on my iPad.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
Those Bloom County books are really good. I like the additional commentary by Berk Breathed even though there isn't a lot of it. Cheap too. As a kid I loved penguins for some reason and I started reading that when it was still in the paper because of Opus.

Really glad I did.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
I'm a big fan if the old DC D&D stuff but I might just be weird. I still re-read the novels to my great shame.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
DC had Starman on sale for Father's Day... 2012 and not since.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
I really like it. It's nice stuff. Not extremely powerful but, yeah, a nice, pleasant read.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
I thought 13-17 was better than the other stuff, though I have reread it unlike the other stuff. I loved the art, humour and characters in it. It was bright and fun and for me the best part of the series.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
Archie Halloween sale which means Afterlife With Archie 1-6 for 99 cents!

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
I thought Aaron's Ghost Rider was okay. Glad I read it on MDCU and before this and saved some money.

Early, rough Aaron in my opinion.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
What are the best Hellblazer collections there?

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
I can safely predict a huge Valiant sale.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
First 11 issues of Superior Foes of Spider-Man are on sale, but it.

Also Superior Team Up of which I know nothing.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
Is there a difference between the apps and Comixology on what's available on sales? Seems like less of Teen Titans sale is on the app. The exchange rate has gotten poo poo out here recently and buying through the app is cheaper.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
Oops I should have said through the DC app. (also noticed Batman isn't there either.)

Right now with the Yen tanking buying through the app would save me 20% so I'm hoping to do that for the upcoming sales.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
I've used a VPN to buy Ninja Turtles and Godzilla which aren't available because Japan. They showed up in my library and in the store with it running.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
Is it only the first Samurai Jack on sale? Hard for me to look without switching to VPNS and stuff for regional restrictions